Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Lonely Wastes

Immortal Cyan Offline

Kit

Threads: 11
Find
Thread Status: Open
Players Involved: Immortal Cyan, Andromeda
Characters Involved: Calligenia, Revera
Setting: East Sleibte, Northern Wastes
Time: Current, Morning
Weather: Clear Skies, Calm

The cold didn't bother Calligenia, but the loneliness did.

It had been a long night for the newborn snow nymph. She was still trying to figure out how to survive on her own within the icy wastes, and it was quite a difficult experience for her. Fortunately, the diminutive nymph was very comfortable in cold weather and in addition, she needed neither clothes nor fire to keep warm or comfortable. However, she had set up and maintained a fire throughout the night so that she could be seen by any passing travelers. The hard part had been finding food, a cave, and material for a bed. With no one to teach her how to do those things, Calligenia could only do the best that she could with those tasks.

Nevertheless, Calligenia had made it through the night without getting eaten or dying of thirst. That was an important victory, because she had proved to herself that she could survive alone. However, she was still hoping to find someone to help her. In essence, she would have more difficulty surviving loneliness than she would have surviving the bitter cold.

Calligenia stretched her arms outward as she emerged from the cave to welcome to new day. The skies had cleared from the blizzard that had wracked the wastes during the night before. In short, there would be no better time for her to head out to find food and continue her journey towards the south. The sensation of soft snow between the toes of her tiny feet was a pleasant one to her, and it shifted her mood to a positive one to start the day. When she finished stretching, Calligenia proceeded to add more wood to her small fire. Then, she took a seat in front of the fire to begin preparing a small breakfast of fish and berries. Although she could live on a plant-eating diet just fine, she had found a lake teeming with fish. Before eating, she spoke a small prayer to Nialle in thanks for her survival and for the sacrifice of the fish. Calligenia didn't have the pride to believe that she had made it through the night through her own meager survival skills. There had to have been some form of divine intervention on her behalf, and for that, she was forever grateful.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
The blizzard was over, and the sun was rising. Soon the temperature would begin to rise slowly, but never warm enough to melt the snow. Instead it would gleam off the surface making the snow appear like small crystals that lay as a blanket around the land. Almost blinding on a clear sky, but today the sunlight was weak after the storm. It felt more like a moonlight, but brighter. No heat seemed to touch the land today.

A wolf walked across the snow, her horns impressive for the size of her head and little red orbs floated around her body. Her eyes were red with no whites, and her pupil wide with the rising light still being so weak. Her coat was shades of grey with black markings and her claws ruby red. Steam came from her nostrils as she exhaled. Her eyes glowing slightly with power as she shook some snow from her pelt that fell so softly just after the blizzard. It had been clear for a little bit now, and the world on the waste To her left she saw smoke began to rise and she stopped, tilting her head. Who or what was out here besides her. This weather was unforgiving to say the very least in the Northern Waste.

Her ears flickered as she listened for sounds before making her way over to the fire. A small figure was there eating and her nose flared a bit at the smell. "Greetings traveler," she called to the nymph. Her ears perked forward as her front claws dug into the ground a bit. "What brings you out here? Are you alone?"

Red eyes scanned the Nymph searching for answers and something else.

Immortal Cyan Offline

Kit

Threads: 11
Find
In spite of the lack of heat, with the sun rising in the air, Calligenia could feel that the weather was going to be calm and comfortable for the duration of the day. Seeing the sunlight bounce off of the crystal-white snow brought a sense of inner peace to the nymph as she took another bite of her fish. Soon, she would be ready to set off in search of more like her, but first, she needed to finish her meal.

Unfortunately, nothing good ever lasted for long.

The diminutive nymph heard the wolf before she saw it with her own colorful eyes, but nothing could have prepared her for the fright that the intimidating creature's dark appearance gave her upon seeing the canine stalk up to her fire. Without a weapon close by, all Calligenia could do was freeze as the red-eyed beast approached her. Although the creature did not seem to have hostile or territorial intent in its manner, Calligenia was still deeply afraid of it and she could feel her tiny heart pump with more speed in her chest. Her first instinct had been to run, but the nymph knew that the wolf would have been able to catch up to her with a great deal of ease. Nevertheless, she dreaded the fact that she had nothing which would allow her to defend herself if the wolf reconsidered its gentleness and decided that a newborn nymph would make a fine breakfast.

"I-I-I was...born here." Calligenia began in a nervous tone as she swallowed a small chunk of fish in her mouth. "I'm looking for more of my kind...so they can help me survive here." The nymph continued on, aware of just how vulnerable she was at that moment in time. "I came to life...only three days ago, and no one has found me, except you." She spoke softly, and yet with real panic in her soprano voice.

"Ar-Are you going to eat me? I-I-If you are, can you at least make it quick?"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
"I have had a much better meal than your corpse could offer me," she replied almost flatly as she watched the small nymph. She was very timid and she could both hear the fear and smell it coming off her. Her nose twitched and her ears flickered a bit as they caught sounds, but besides that she really didn't move much closer preferring to stop a bit away. Whether it was to bring comfort to the small creature was unknown as she was quite able to close the distance between them with little to know effort. "I am surprised you are alone though. Have you not found anyone at all or was it more you dared not to leave your birth place?"

Her red eyes blinked at her watching her reaction. The air was crisp as she breathed in and as she exhaled she watched a small cloud of mist appear. Her front paw raised and she acted like she was going to dare another step forward, but stopped and put it down. She didn't want to cause the nymph to bolt. If she did, the wolf could not promise she would survive. She was a hunter and sometimes the hunt was just too thrilling. It was so easy to get lost in it.

"What is your name child," she asked as she allowed her tone to become slightly more gentle. It was a hope to reassure her new acquaintance. "My name is Revera for example."

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо