Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

"I am not an it. I am not a creature. I am most certainly not Damien's pet," Belial's voice echoed, yet never rose above more than a low rumble within his being, causing all but the bone mask and fragments he adorned himself with to tremble. "How dare you infer that I am some lowly pet or common tool to be used by this man, you lowly inferior little wretch of a sphinx." Above, the sky darkened as a gathering of clouds spiraled and twisted in a representation of the anger that boiled within. Lightning crackled overhead, yet never left the clouds.

Damn, seeing Belial this upset didn't sit well with the elf. Paying no heed to Killian or his display of magic, Damien stuck the pointed end of his staff into the ground, and reached a grey hand out to set it on what could only be described as the shoulder of the spirit elemental, cursing his luck.

"Bels," he spoke softly, "He's not worth the anger. Let his pompous college fool spout his assumptions all he wants. You ain't my pet, and you know we're in this together." He shot Killian another cold glare. "He's just a prick. Them high society types're all the same. Comin' here was a mistake. We'll find someone else, somewhere else, to help us figure this out." It was as though the elf was a different man as he soothed the temper of the elemental in his hair.

There was a tense moment as thunder rumbled overhead. The spirit, attention on Damien, gave a sort of nod as his form shrank. The clouds overhead parted, whatever storm Belial had been summoning dissipated. "Yes, I suppose you're right. It wouldn't be right to hurt innocent people now, would it?"

The only response the elemental got was a nod, and his attention turned back to Killian, all hint of pleasantness completely gone. He'd had enough of Killian and his presumptions. Enough of this high and mighty little man acting like he was some hot shot who was taking the high road. Damien sure as fuck didn't see it that way, not with the stalking and the profiling and the assumptions.

"For someone who claims to be diplomatic, you're sure a disrespectful sonuvabitch. You don't know me, you don't know Belial, and you sure as hell don't know what we been through. You ever stop and consider how maybe, just maybe, we don't like bein' stared at and whispered about? Chased down to answer questions?" He continued, voice even and low, "I ain't a people person on the best of days, and I just been minding my own in this city until you showed up, accusin' me of doin' shit I didn't do. We ain't here to cause trouble, yet you seem intent on claiming we are, following us with no proof, singling me out cause I got on the bad end of some magic, and you expect me to be all nice and amiable and diplomatic? Blow it out your ass and bugger off. Go find someone who's actually doing harm to your precious little shitshow of a city instead of trying to escalate conflict. I'm going to find an inn."

Without another word, he turned and walked away, staff in hand, with Belial fixed firmly in place, lengthening Damien's snow white hair as the elf drew farther away. If Killian followed, if he so much as attacked, Damien would be ready.

The elemental's eyes gleamed as he spoke in a sing-song tone, "You should really consider taking your own advice~ I don't think you're as good at your job as you think you are~ You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and all that~"

Belial trailed after Damien, his form creating elegant white wisps.

"Keep your eyes peeled for me, yeah Bels? I got a feelin' he won't let it go, the bastard."

"With pleasure."

Messages In This Thread
The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-06-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM