Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

I Want Much More Than This Provincial Life?

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
As Fallow began to prepare the bandages for easy wrappings, his ears twitched. Was that... an apology? True, it was tinged with the intonation of a question, but it was still an apology. That was... something? Wasn't it? Even more curious was the fact that Lijuan seemed upset with herself? Was it her upwards inflection that did it? Either way, he knew how hard it must have been for her to even consider apologizing, though he couldn't help but smile faintly at her attempt; he'd have to teach her how to properly apologize later, when she wasn't so fired up.

He set a hand on her shoulder and smiled gently, eyes welling with tears as he said, "I appreciate your apology, Li... Just... you really scared me back there, so please... don't do that again?"

And with that he crouched down at her side and began to dress the wound with skilled hands. "Let me know if it's too tight," he told her, though it was already clear the kelahati knew how to expertly dress a wound. His long arms made it easy for him to wrap the bandages around her torso, not too tight, not too loose, but somewhere in the middle. He worked in content silence until he tied the dressing off, tucking the ends in so that they'd make hardly any impression under her clothes. "There we go," he crooned, as if he'd been treating a small woodland creature instead of a kirin who'd just tried to maul him not long ago. "I'll have to redress you once a day until the wound scabs over, but with proper treatment it should heal right up and not scar."

He didn't know why he added on that last part. Would she even care about scars? Fallow's cheeks were colored with blush again, and he coughed nervously into his hand as he straightened up and looked elsewhere. "Should we make camp or move on?" he asked. "I'm in favor of making camp. I-I know of a good place to, um, to get some tasty fish and mushrooms, and then we can head out bright and early all rested and refreshed."

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Want Much More Than This Provincial Life? - by Kila - 05-31-2019, 05:44 PM