Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Magic of Dance

Zaz Offline

Kit

Threads: 5
Find
For a moment, Beriadan looked deep in thought. Afterward, he would nod his head, deciding on his course of action. Calmly raising a hand to Faust in a motion to continue waiting, he would step towards Ève. His face blank, he would put his left arm behind his back, tracing his right hand in horizontal circles. As he did so, the same off-white Dust he utilized earlier would materialize, most drawn from his body but some drawn from the air around them, beginning to circle the room in the same fashion as Ève's magic during her performance. It took less than a moment for the Dust to activate, forming a vortex of wind, which he and Ève were inside of, strong enough to change the air pressure in the room, a feeling that would be very noticeable to all present. Should one be caught in the vortex wall, they would find themselves hit with force strong enough to push them along the ground. And this was all done in a fraction of the time it took Ève to perform.

Beriadan did this not to boast about his strength. It was all in preparation for the lesson he was about to give, one that he thought would be very important that Ève paid attention to as he gave it. Ceasing his hand motions, Beriadan would clench his right hand into a fist. This motion would seemingly cause the wind vortex present to collapse spontaneously, sending a moderate breeze across the room and out the exit. Beriadan was careful to direct the wind away from the other judges present, as he didn't want to be rude. Putting his right hand behind his back, Beriadan gaze, already locked on Ève, would sharpen. His face was solemn as he spoke.

"Slow."

He, at first, spoke only one word. However, that one word formed the basis for everything that he was about to say, so he found it vitally important to utter before he continued.

"While it is lovely that you have found your own unique method, it is clear that you still have much to learn. When I heard of your 'Dance Magic,' I thought I would be witnessing a flurry of moves, each accompanied by a burst of magic. I expected spontaneity and was instead shown a small dance all for a single elemental feat. One that has also already rendered you physically strained. I think that, before you continue doing anything, there is one thing that you should focus on in your studies, and that would be using Dance Magic not as a tool, but as a form. Let me show you a brief example."

Without breaking his gaze, Beriadan would raise both of his hands. He would begin using each arm in circling motions, rotating around an invisible sphere in front of him. As he did so, Fire Dust would be drawn from his body, bright red in color. This Dust would briefly coalesce before igniting into a swirling sphere of flame. Letting his left hand fall, he would move to perform vertical circling motions with his right hand only, reshaping the sphere into a rolling disk. He would let it hang for a few seconds before once more clenching his fist, extinguishing it.

"What I just did there was use Dust Magic in an untalented way. I used it to replicate, not perform. I formed a wheel of fire in much the way a regular mage would, bringing out fire and then shaping it, but, unlike them, I cannot do this entirely mentally. So, to compensate, I used Dust to manifest the energy instead, in the same manner they would but by using a different medium. This is not how you should treat your magic. Instead of using Dust Magic as a crutch, I embrace its physical nature and use it to my advantage. I toss aside how a spell is traditionally formed..."

As he said this, he would curl his right arm, his palm open. The same red Dust he has just used would begin flowing out of his body, coalescing in his hand. With a flick of his arm, ending with his arm nearly straight and his palm up, the same wheel of fire he had formed earlier was present once more in a small fraction of the time that it previously took. However, instead of the previous wheel, this one had not been formed all at once. If one were to look closely, they would notice that the Dust would spring from his hand like a comet, partially ignited and leaving behind a trail of fire in its wake. This comet would be gradually consumed as it made a full circle, essentially drawing the wheel of fire as it burned up. Beriadan has used the physical nature of the Dust, and the fact that he could control it before activation, to generate rotation at the same time the spell was being formed, both forming and shaping the spell in the same second.

"...and instead find a new way to perform the spell, in a way that is only available to me because of my magic's different nature. It seems to me that instead of embracing your peculiarity, you are using it as a crutch to try to be normal. You are trying to perform traditional magic using different means, not accepting that it has been performed how it has all this time merely because that has been the most effective way. I suggest that instead of finding a different way to do the same things as others, you embrace your peculiarity and try to use it to do things that others cannot. Instead of using your dance as a crutch to try to walk normally, you should walk your own walk, or rather..." Clenching his fist and extinguishing his wheel of fire, Beriadan would grin as he spoke his next line. "...dance your own dance, so to speak, no matter how peculiar it may be. What say you to this?"

Messages In This Thread
The Magic of Dance - by Immortal Cyan - 05-20-2018, 01:28 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by CommanderHorvat - 05-20-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Zaz - 05-20-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Immortal Cyan - 05-21-2018, 11:34 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by CommanderHorvat - 05-22-2018, 09:37 AM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Zaz - 05-22-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Immortal Cyan - 05-27-2018, 05:00 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by CommanderHorvat - 05-28-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Zaz - 06-05-2018, 01:15 AM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by Immortal Cyan - 06-23-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: The Magic of Dance - by xavols33333333 - 02-25-2024, 04:32 AM