Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

Yeah, Damien didn't trust this woman. She was polite, but he could sense something about her, perhaps her own distrust of him? Why did being a mage have to be so damn complicated. But as long as they were free to leave at their discretion, Damien supposed there was no harm in tagging along to the college if it meant having a roof over his head and a soft bed under his body.

His stomach gave a gurgling rumble, and he rested a hand over his stomach. "A decent hot meal would be nice," he admitted with a sigh.

"Plus if there's really someone who can help separate us, that'd be great. I don't want to spend the rest of my life stuck to Bel. Sorry, Bel." He gave a shrug.

"None taken," replied the elemental. "The feeling is rather mutual, no matter how amusing you are." He turned his attention to Magnus and continued, "I don't need food. Like the rest of my kind I sustain myself by absorbing my element. In my case, I simply sustain myself with the latent magic present in all things around us, from the earth to the air to the very plants around us."

Damien strapped the staff to his back and gave Magnus a nod. "We'll go with you, just...no blood stuff. I don't like the sight of blood. It needs to stay inside the body, yeah?" The elf kicked at a loose stone with his boot, jostling it around a bit before stepping out of the alley. "And I might as well tell you more about how Bel an' I got stuck together, 'cause maybe it'll help you figure out who best to send us to."

"Oh, it's a good story." Belial interjected.

"So the magic I'm most skilled with is necromancy. I like raising animals--things like deer or cats or the occasional dragon. I don't like raising humanoids. Feels wrong to bother them?" He gave a shrug, not exactly wanting to get into a debate on the ethics and morality of necromancy. "And I find the remains of an elemental, real real young one, around three-hundred years ago. Anyways, the elemental had just faded out recently, since I can feel the fire magic still lingering around. So I figure, why not? I can raise a dragon, maybe I can raise an elemental, yeah?" He gave a dramatic shrug, gesturing with his hands as he said, "What could possibly go wrong?"

"A lot, apparently."

Ignoring Belial's jape, he continued, "So I cast my spell and the next thing I know I'm staring at the sky, contorted like some sort of drunken sod that can't hold his liquor, and it's bright white even though it's the dead of night. So I got this funny feelin' in my head. Not like in in my head, but, you know, in my hair? And that's when I find Belial, quite literally in my hair, and try as we might I ain't found the magic to get him out."

It was now Belial's turn to add in, "Now imagine my surprise when I'm minding my own business and suddenly I'm bound to a mortal and I can't remember much of anything except my own name and that I'm fairly certain I wasn't dead prior to this encounter. I'm still trying to figure out how he did it, because no mage, man or beast, has ever managed to contain me." This was said with a hint of ice and venom, clearly a point of contention between the two.

"I said I was sorry," Damien grumbled. "And it ain't like you're a peach, either, mister high-and-mighty."

"Only because I am."

Messages In This Thread
The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-06-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM