Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

tortricidae Offline

Threads: 15
Find
Magnus smiled. "That is a very astute observation, my friend. Fortunately for you, you always have the option of not conversing with me, but that won't exactly help you, will it? We both know that. And it's astounding you even made it this far with that attitude."

She set her bag down and squatted in front of Damien, however she was notedly nonviolent. Observations were just that. And the remnants of the spell were lingering. Seemed airtight, and would have worked otherwise, but there was a pile of dirt between Damien and the cobblestone. Which was almost funny in a sense.

"My name is Magnus Septirious. I am the Head of Security at the mage's college and you've been a naughty boy, Damien. As much as I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, i'm afraid that I can't. But that doesn't mean we can't talk.

"Of course unless you don't want to. You always have that option, but I need to express the severity of your situation, even if you want to argue with me. Which is okay. Feel free to do so."

Killian chuffed from the shadows. This was absolutely ridiculous, but his previous divisive sounds had evaporated and though he wanted to appear physically, he was content with sitting this one out, even though there were a multitude of things he could say. It didn't matter how Damien tried to wriggle around in this situation like a pathetic fool, there was no denying his foolishness.

Magnus ignored Killian's scoff and pressed her fingers together. This was delicate. Her observations so far were less than what Killian had even though he shared the events through their mental link. But she had her concerns. Clearly Damien lacked proper magical training to any extent. And had absolutely terrible luck. It was a wonder he was able to make it so far into the city with as bad a charm as he had.

If this luck was even the result of a charm. Perhaps a curse? Nevertheless it was interesting and even without a mental link, she could feel how badly Killian wanted to study the phenomenon.

"Before you get defensive, allow me to explain. Like I said, I won't be taking too much of your time." She settled a little more. "You were being followed because you have entered the city and created an environment where the common citizen was concerned. You appear to have a demon attached to your hair, but please do not take offense that the common non-magical citizen is not as well versed in spirit elementals. Surely, you should know this. You seem like this happens pretty often."

Killian rolled his eyes. By the gods, Magnus.

"My Deputy, Killian, was alerted to your presences. Again, can't really blame him, can you? He's got a job to do because I am a very busy woman and trust that he will not make an ill informed decision. Regardless of your intentions, or how you feel people should treat you - and you are correct - please try to understand what a non-magical being thinks when they see your beautiful companion attached to you.

"I'm here to alleviate some of the stress. You look tired and I can offer you a place to sleep only at the college, unfortunately, as I don't have an actual house. Married to the job. Would you be willing? The street is no place for private conversation."

Killian tapped into Magnus's mind, venom dripping in his voice. "How noble of you."

"Hush, you."

Messages In This Thread
The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-06-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM