Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

I Want Much More Than This Provincial Life?

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Lijuan

"Really? I'll believe that once I actually see it-" she paused mid sentence, only to shrug her slender shoulders, "pffft, really? Is that the excuse for it? Do you need to to turn around and shut my eyes then?" The small woman was joking about that, but in all honesty it was fun to watch him squirm in his own skin like that. That pale face was more than easy to turn into a shade of red. Probably the most easily embarrassed being she'd possibly met so far, like a fragile piece of glass; which could easily break under the slightest pressure.

"Hmm?" her ears flicked in response, "I've traveled plenty of nights on my own, not as scary as it seems. I'm rather certain we won't get attacked by were-beasts and the like, if that is what you're so worried about?" Lijuan herself traveled just to travel, it was strange for her to stay in one place longer than a night; which was why this whole thing was just as strange to her as it was for him.

Someone who didn't have a place to call home, and one who had never traveled outside of his home; the place he found himself most comfortable and safe. What kind of life was that though? Not much of one if you asked her, but then again she didn't know what it was like to have a solid home. Fallow knew, he had that, even if he lived in a cabin in the woods alone. Perhaps loneliness was something they could each hold in common.

Her ears suddenly perked up, his words seemed more confident if she could really call them that. Yet, here he was, telling her what it was he wanted to be doing; instead of the other way around. She was.. surprised, her eyes blown wide as she looked at him; staring almost at the back of his head.

"Well I'll be damned, about time you grew a fucking pair," she grinned to herself, "fine, if that's what you want then whatever. We can 'enjoy the journey' since it's your first time out. BUT.. can't do that if you don't move your slow ass." Lijuan placed her hands onto his lower back just before gently starting to push him along. He'd been in this forest forever if she could remember right, so he already knew what everything was like in this area. Now to get him OUT of it.

Maybe she was rubbing off on him a little a bit, but she could respect him more if he showed he could stand up to her more often. There would be plenty time he would need to. She was an obstinate force, knowing what she wanted and wasn't afraid to let anyone know. Hell, she'd get into a fight if needed; a little blood never scared her away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Want Much More Than This Provincial Life? - by KokoPuffs - 04-25-2019, 01:31 AM