Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] Until Silence Is Broken

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
Razor smiled as he looked upon his son and the fox. He figured a story wouldn't be too bad. It wasn't like he could really deny such a simple and easy request for his son. His eyes closed as he thought. He had to think of something that would teach his son a lesson, but at the same time be enough to peak his interest. 

After a moment he opened them and smiled again as he watched his boy. "Have I ever told you about the first demon oracle?" It was an honest question. He wanted to see if his boy had heard the story yet or not. Or better yet if he had told him or if the boy had read about it. Either way it was a story worth telling. It never hurt to retell. "If not I have other options, but I think you'd link to hear where we came from as well."

He watched him. His boy looked similar to him and his mom. It was an odd combination for sure, but the boy carried the colors well and that was what matter. He looked very well put together. He could tell the boy would grow to be big and strong. He wondered how tall the boy would be in the end. A small smile. He doubted it'd be as tall as the oldest... but then again... the oldest was a bane even to him. A monster. ... A curse. He was also the perfect weapon..son, but the worst heir to be born. One that he sent often to the other leaders to bother them. Especially those he knew to falter under the Reaper.

Achera Offline

Monarch

Threads: 43
Find
The boy perked up again, seeing his father try to think of a good story. The prospect of the first demon oracle as well as where they came from made him light up a bit. He had seen a bit of the family tree and understood that grandma was considered one of the first royal demons. He also knew a little bit about how they came from angels, but dad would know more than the books, wouldn't he?

"I know we came from angels and each house matches with one of the houses from the angels, but I don't remember the first demon oracle." He was honest with his father; he always was. Oracles were odd since they came from the royal line. He had heard some of the servants talk about how theirs had yet to show and on occasion muttered about how Vion wasn't it; much to the young boy's dismay. The concept of the oracle was still hard to grasp, especially with how angels and demons were connected by this odd tie to one another. Their oracle could be a demon or angel and even more, from one of the 6 houses on either side. There was a slim chance that the new oracle would be apart of death, but what about the first? Were they death or were they originally a fallen angel?

Vion pulled Dagon closer into his chest, a bit to the fox's surprise. He had just started to get comfortable before his owner started to move him around, but the fox didn't complain. It didn't lash out or try to nip. It merely went with the flow, acting like a rag doll until Vion had him against his chest, his right arm supporting the kit's front paws while his rear rested on the boy's lap.

"Tell me about the first demon oracle! Was he death? How did they happen? Did grandma know them?" The boy looked to his father with eager eyes. He wanted to know more. It was what his father had wanted after all, right?

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Razor clicked his tongue as memories and stories came to him slowly. It was like rewatching an old tale. One he had partially tried to forget and one he could recall only faint whispers of a memory. It was funny in a way. The memories were dark, but some more clear then others. He had been so young. Sometimes the age of his child, sometimes older, or even younger. Those times much like the memories were dark, and he partially wondered if it would have been better if it had indeed been in black and white to avoid all the red he saw. 

"I remember the Oracle well, but the house I do not. She was a firey being. She was the one who picked the current location of our patron's shrine as a matter of fact. It was her home. Her name was Kouki." A chuckle came then. "Yes I know that is a man's name normally, but if she was alive, I'd dare you to tell her that. She was very quick to temper." 

She almost was in his view.... He could see her through his small child eyes, a bit smaller then Vion, standing against a tree as if they were back all those years ago. He could remember her firey red hair, and bright almost glowing green slitted eyes. She was just as feral as ever. Oh the power that rolled off her... it was... intoxicating. There was no question at all why so many people followed her and became demons. "The Oracle of that time lived until I was a bit bigger then you...and then..she died... I don't remember how now, but after she died, it seemed the war became much more aggressive and Oracles became harder to keep. She was our leader during that time. We were all united behind her. I don't think demons have ever been so close as they were then. We trusted her... I don't know if we'll ever see that again." He looked down at the boy. "Power speaks my son, and she.... she was power and she knew it. The way she talked, walked...and even held herself. I remember at your age I looked up to that. It was hard not to."

And so many others did as well. Her stubbornness, and willing to go where no one had gone before. "She helped to show us... how to break free... We are what we are because of something she helped to make. Some think she was a demi-god, others think she was the perfect oracle.. and no one knows for sure. But no demon will disagree that Kouki was one of the best to ever walk these grounds."

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
The little demon listened with eagerness as his father's story. Each little segment, every inflection of his voice as he described the woman who had made the demons who they were. Had it been admiration he saw in his father or something else? It wasn't as if he knew the difference to distinguish between it, but he could tell his father had been fond of her. It was rare to see him happy in any regard with anyone other than him nowadays. 

Vion slowly pet the little fox as he listened to every word that rolled off of his father's tongue. A demon who commanded them all, it seemed like a foreign concept. From what his readings had been, there were always 4 main kingdoms with 2 additional ones who were more nomadic in comparison. How could one demon, even an oracle, bring together so many? His father lead Death, and he knew of the other lords from readings but that was it. From what he gathered, none were that close. Nothing like the Lord had been commenting on. "So why isn't there anyone like that now? There has to be someone who can do that," he commented as he stroked Dagon on the head between his ears.

Just then, the little demon perked up with a new spark in his eyes. "You could do that daddy! Couldn't you?" He gave a wide smile to his dad, almost too excited at the very thought. Everyone simply bowed to his father and he could see his command of the room whenever others were around. Why couldn't dad be like that oracle?

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"Maybe through slaughter and fear," he said smiling softly, somewhat with sadness. He hated it, but it for the most part was true. Demons were often against each other just as much as angels. Neither side was one unit. Each had their own civil issues as well as the conflict of the everlasting war. He hated it... It was like he never got to rest, and in turn it had made him into what he was.

His amber eyes went distant... Those were much darker times after she died. It was what had led him to turn his first son into a monster. Something to protect him, his home... his people and those he cared for. Never would his child know the pain that it could have before of death. Never would it die, grow old, or want things most adults do. Stuck forever as that five year old. Even if he could take his adult form, his mind always remained as that of a child. It was pure raw emotions that helped to fuel his power and strength of darkness. Those untamed and powerful emotions that charged the deadly reaper. "I don't think...anyone.. Not even an Oracle could change us now. We're too divided. We got too much freedom in us. All we can do now is survive."

A blink. "Enough of that though. Why don't you go get ready and you and I and our guest can all have dinner together? I'll make sure you get a proper dessert then too."

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
The male looked at his father with confusion and a bit of sorrow. How sad it was to see how his father seemed to be so... defeated now? It was as if he couldn't do it, to which the younger demon could, but what did he know? Father had kept the youngest in the castle for most of his life, rarely letting others interact in fear of them taking him away. There was still so much for him to learn.

Vion went back to petting Dagon who had grown a bit more accustomed of the elder demon's presence, but still had not trusted him too much. His main concern was the demon who held him and usually fed him. Dad had sent a lot of time with the guest, but she never seemed to have left since she came. He met her once, but there were times Vion and gone to find his father only to find her scent not too far away. How odd. "Hey Daddy, does she live with us now?" It was a valid question. A guest only stayed for a little, but she had been here for months with no sign of really leaving. On the contrary, they were eating together which never happened. Dad never wanted to bring guests around him often.

"We can do dinner, but what about Dagon?" He looked down at his little fox who only wagged his tail in response to the small amount of attention. They generally ate together since Dad was always busy.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
A pause as he considered this. Had this been years ago no animal would have been at his table unless being served. He looked upon the small fox and how his son had bonded with it. He knew it couldn't really be helped at this point. "Yes, but he will be on the floor and a bowl will be provided for him. He will not have a chair and you will sit proper at the table," he said as a final answer to this issue. 

And the other question- How should he even answer it? He was worried how to even tell his son about that much less how he felt about the girl, or she lived with them. He was sure his son could smell her scent more often then not, but he knew eventually he'd have to come clean he had hoped for a bit more time to allow them to bond. He also knew he was taking to long to answer which wasn't helping his case at all as he pondered this all out.

"I...She.... Yes she is staying with us, so you can expect to see her around," he said after a long pause. Even he felt the awkwardness there.

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Vion smiled. He was fine if Dagon had to eat on the floor with a bowl so long as he was nearby. He could deal with this as it was. However, he had noticed how long it was taking the royal to reply to his question, which didn't help his case. It wasn't like he could hide it rather though. Her scent was noticeable in the halls, in the dining room, kitchen, everywhere. Even on his father as if he had just come back from seeing her which was odd considering he never let anyone that close to him to begin with.

Vion simply nodded. He accepted whatever his father said and their new guest seemed to be living here. "Okay," he replied after a long pause. "We'll get ready for dinner."

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"Good. Thank you Vion," the man said as he gave his son a smile and then moved out of the door. He walked away and towards back where he had left the woman. He figured it was best to warn her as well. With a pause... would she still be there? What if she had gone to the room he had given her or even the library. Where might she have gone since he had been talking with his son.

He reached out with his senses in hopes that the wards would tell him where she was at.

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Far from where the Lord had last left the woman rested the female in one of the little hiding holes that she had created within the room Razor let her design. Her skin had been replaced with a silky-white fur, marked with pure black to contrast. Long limbs with black boots folded on each other as a silky black tail wrapped around her small nose. It was nice to be able to hide in a place such as this. It was hers to do as she pleased in and while there was no guarantee when he would come back, at least she had this room to remind herself that he still cared about her in some kind of capacity.

Lia flicked her ear a bit as she settled herself a bit deeper into the dirt ground. Sure, it dirtied her pretty coat, but there was something comforting about it. A sense of warmth that emerged from the ground as if to tell her she was okay. Everything was okay. Here, this was what it was like to be in the outside world. Here, everything was real enough for her.