Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

He thought about her answer tapping his fingers on the table. He didn't seem upset, just confused. "I think they think believe we can still be saved and I don't think they understand what we are," he told her as plates where brought out. "I do believe they think we are diseased or cursed... Not a new species. There is nothing to change for we were blessed, not cursed into a new way of life."

He smiled as the servants began to serve the food. This was what Lia missed yesterday, they actually brought out a lot of plates and began to fill the first plates for them. If they wanted more they could fill themself. The first one was done for them so they could focus on what they were doing and casually begin to eat without having to worry about grabbing food.

"Do you believe we should allow them to try or do you believe we are just in wanting to defend ourself then," he asked as he watched her, grabbing an offered fork and slowly beginning to eat. "I mean... Do you think we should try to become one species again with them or do we have a right to our freedom which we were given by Vaerath?"

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

She hadn't really consideredthe possibilities before. She always accepted how lufe was and never questioned it or was even asked for her opinion. It confused her. She tilted her head in response trying to understand but was distracted by the servants busily bringing food. It was odd yet he was so used to it. Was it that hard tk get food themselves?

"It could be a disease or a curse if you think about it from the beginning. You as a second generation might be interesting for them to study to see what we demons are," she replied slowly unsure of how this would even appease him in the slightest. "If anything, you're more angel than demon if you think about it. Demons now have had a chance to evolve into a new species... at this point though for lifetime of our species there is no going back. Even if we so wished it there was differences and bad blood. Spilt blood. At this point so side will ever win."

She took a fork as he and began eating. "Then again what do I know?"

"Hmm... I don't think you know me enough to say I'm more angel then demon. I'm sure the angels would see me dead before use me as a test subject for the crimes I've committed," he said as he ate. His tone was so factual, it was clear he didn't care that he had actually done somethings that were considered cruel and evil. To him it was a way of life. He waved his hand and a servant brought over some liquor and poured some for the the male demon and then offered some to Lia.

He drained his. It was clear this topic bothered him. He didn't really want the war, but he refused to give into the angels. He refused to admit he was like them. Hell, half of them were on the same level as him. They acted so pure, but really they often were darker then demons. His amber eyes hardened. They thought they were still family. He could remember them sending him letters when he was a small child asking him to come home. They wanted to help... That help. He didn't trust it. He was sure they had other ideas. Now they had given up after the countless battles. The war hadn't ended, and he was sure it never would.

He put his fork down. Something on his mind. "Lia, what all have you heard about me?"

"We don't know each other well enough to make any sort of assumptions but here we are." He assumed she was sleeping with her friend. This one seemed more tame in her eyes. Lia politely declined the liquor for the morning. She still wasn't the keenest on having it and it still irritated her to smell after all these years. The fact she drank some the other day said enough. She'd rather have had some blood or anything else that wasn't liquor, but she wasn't going to ask. She could survive as it was. It intrigued her how he saw himself in comparison to the angels. By genetics he was the closest thing to an angel still alive on the demon side. He all actuality, he probably was an angel but considering his response, she wasn't going to argue him on it. 

But he managed to catch her off guard once more. She was about to take a bite when she stopped and managed to make the food fall off the fork. She blinked at him blankly for a moment to let it register. Did he really want to know? She slowly set her fork down as she tried to think of an answer. By now she knew better than to lie and he was asking... "What are you expecting? You're the bloodthirsty king for us... Not really known for being too nice and rough around the edges... To put it mildly. You know your own actions as does the kingdom. No one dares to question you out of fear."

"I was testing to see if you could be honest or would your fear drive you to lie," he told her as he ate more and then finished. Then he leaned over whispered something to a servant who disappeared from the room without a word taking Razor's plate. Razor reached over to a chair beside him and pulled a book out of the seat and gently shoved it across the table to Lia. It was a log of demon's travels. If her friend was a foreigner and coming in and out of his kingdom a lot, then those logs would show the pattern. 

It was an offering of peace. It was also a gift for being honest. She was being rewarded just as he had promised her. She got something for information. It was easy to get somewhere with him if she knew how to play her cards she could get more information. He gave a small smile and stood up. Today he didn't dismiss her, but instead pulled his cloak around him then gathered his papers and simply left. No dismissive tone or rude comment as he left.

Once he was gone the servant came back in with a slice of homemade cake and icecream. "The master said to bring this to you... He said you earned it," the servant said. His voice was shaking. It was clear he was scared to drop the plate as it shook in his hand slightly. He had no idea why the master had taken to this girl, but he wouldn't dare harm her as long as she held the master's curiosity. He stepped away bowing to her and stood ready to take it away should she be displeased and bring her another selection. This one was a red velvet cake.

She cocked her head a bit curious as to the way he acted. It was always so strange with him and nothing ever made sense. The book peaked her interest as she pulled it closer to her with his permission. She had no idea what was inside, but he was willing to give it to her now. Maybe it'd help with Dia, or maybe he wanted her to read something. It was hard to tell with him. 

Lia watched as he didn't dismiss her this time. She was allowed to stay and... he gave her a smile? Her mind was still shellshocked by the time the servant came around. He half scared her considered her state of confusion. The added desserts didn't help. She didn't understand why she got offered these, but she wasn't going to say no. She did like sweets. Maybe this one time in the morning wouldn't hurt. She smiled at the servant and thanked him as she happily ate the dessert with the book nearby. She'd take it to her room after to look it over once the desserts were gone.

Razor let her keep to herself for about an hour or two. He didn't want her to be alone for too long. She needed to get to work on her half of the bargin. He made his way to where he had set her room to be. 

He was wearing a simple white shirt and black pants. "Lia?" He called out as not to spook her by entering the room without warning. He tilted his head to the side slightly. "I have something to show you... It will help you in your quest."

The man stepped aside to allow her to leave the room. She had a day of rest... now work should begin.

The girl had her nose in the book looking through the pages for any sign of him. She had requested some paper and ink to write down any information she came across in the book. It was hard to tell with her friend what he was as she never bothered to ask. The times she had she never got a straight answer to what bloodline he belonged to. There seemed to be no signs of chains to signify he was of conquest, little to no bleeding as war. He was unusually thin most of the time so she figured he was famine, but even still he sometimes had a faint death feel to him. It was possible he was mixed, but normally she could tell; at least with Death demons so... what was he? 

The book Razor gave her listed foreigners and in theory he should have been in here but... No sign. It made no sense. She looked back at dates when she knew they met in Death to see if he was in here but still there was nothing so what gave? The girl had started to break down some characteristics of what he looked like and what possible travelers appeared like that could match any characteristic of her friend. The main was his bright white long, silky hair. It was unmistakeable so how he could get away with that was beyond her. She was writing down another name when she heard her voice called. The girl cocked her head confused as to who could be asking for her at this hour. Last time he left her alone all day so why was he here?

She set down the book to the side with the papers not far off. Her head peaked out from behind the curtain to look up at him. She glanced over his body for a moment. A simple shirt and pants... No sign of the royal status he flashed her only a mere day ago. What gave? "Oh... Okay. Give me a minute," she replied before fleeing back into her room to gather up the book and the notes she took. She cradled them in her arms and reemerged. Her hair had been tied up in a ponytail with two strands of hair on either side to frame her face. A little ink dotted the edge of her cheek from writing earlier.

"What did you want to show me?"

"You'll see," he told her as he moved down the halls trusting she'd follow. Why would she stay behind after all? He was offering her things. That cake this morning, a way to earn her trust. To make her let her guard down. He had given the book as a tease. A sign that all help would come with good faith. His movements were being calculated in his brain. She should have realized this when she spoke to him. He'd take a mile, then take a step back trying to soothe what he had done. It was his normal strategy when dealing with people. He sometimes liked to see how far he could push before they broke, however he wasn't trying to break her. He was trying to get out information. He figured torture was not the best method with this one. From what he had seen of her and what he sensed, she wouldn't talk then. He needed to try other methods.

He turned and gave her a small smile. "We're going some place special. Not many go here, but it is often a safe place, but yet holds so many secrets," he told her. He turned back his attention to the front and went deeper into the tunnels. The sound of life seemed to disappear completely and the only light was the light given off from will-o-wisps. He kept walking. He didn't give her hope of an end to the walking, but allowed the silence to stretch as he thought. He could sense something up ahead. He finally came to a branching off tunnel and took it and it went down further before finally coming to an end in which opened up to a well lit room. The room had artificial lighting of moonlight with stars that lit the room in a soft blue tone. Shelves lined all the walls and in the center was two sofas, four soft chairs, and a massive table set to the side with a matching chair. It was a library that held information on just about anything anyone could want. 

"The library," he waved showing her the room. "It is at your use. I figured you'd need to see it so you could you it in your search." He turned towards her and opened his mouth again but closed it as he heard something slide across the floor.

A small boy was sitting at the desk. His hair moving, like a shadow around his head, and his glowing red eyes seemed a dark contrast against the soft blue glow. "Hello Father... I see you brought home someone new," he said addressing Razor a smile on his lips as he pulled them back to show fangs. "She smells....-" he inhaled sharply- "amazing..." The boy leaned forward interested in what he saw.

Razor stepped between them and gave the boy a sharp look. "Morion no. Don't you have something better to do then to harass our guest?"

"A guest," he said softly smiling as he got up from the chair and took on his adult form. Shadows pulled into him, as his body rose to it's seven foot size and the reaper smiled. "So I see... Well I hope you enjoy your stay." His words were friendly, but the tone cold as he laughed and walked closed. "What is your name?"

Lia followed like a puppy after him knowing better than to stay behind. Any light she was used to was soon gone, only to be lit by the will-o-wisps in the tunnels. She wondered how he was able to live above ground when it was so dark down here. It had been driving her nuts and she wasn't down here for more than a few days. Maybe it was the source of his perceived craziness... And lack of civility. 

When they reached their destination, the girl's eyes grew at the marvel that was the library. She couldn't believe something so amazing was below ground here. What else was there around here? Her attention was cut short by the small boy who was in the room and more so by what he said. Father... Razor had a son? There was something unnatural about him... More than death itself. His hair wasn't quite hair, or had her eyes been tricking her? He was demon yet somehow not... She didn't know how to feel towards the boy. Even more so when he no longer was a small boy and turned into a huge male, challenging even his father. She barely even noticed herself clench the book she was holding a bit tighter as she grew wary around him. Was Razor trying to get rid of her already? They were away from others and this was no small boy.. or whatever he was. She was tense. Ready to fight or flee if needed.

"...Lia," she replied slowly as she looked at the reaper. This was Razor's son? That still didn't register to her or how a boy was this.. thing. "Nice to meet you Morion..."