Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Andromeda - 08-12-2017

"My sister was trouble... She was actually older them me and was always causing trouble for me. She was a gifted elementalist but when she wasn't named the heir she lost her sanity," he told her. He found no reason to lie. He wanted her to know the truth. At least it might help her understand. "My sister almost killed me a few times in my younger years. She would do anything to take back the throne she claimed as hers. Half those stories you hear of me are actually made by her. She turned people against me almost splitting the kingdom in the earlier years. She always knew what she wanted... And she'd do anything to get it." Razor told Lia as he ate slowly thinking of his sister's blue eyes. They had been so void of love and care. It was like looking into death when she looked upon anyone. They were a monster's ridden with pain, and hate, and disgust.

He sighed and leaned back. His mother was a different story entirely. "My mother... well work on one of those at a time okay? Since I told you a bit on my sister, tell me about your past and family... That way I know a bit more about you. Since you seem to think I don't understand.. Help me to." He pushed his food away no longer really wanting to eat. He was full for the time being. His sister... that always caused his appetite to go away.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Achera - 08-12-2017

Lia listened to him intently. She knew what stories that where passed around about his sister, similar to him, but she wouldn't know anymore than hearing it from her own brother. Still, the stories were just that; stories. They could be told by anyone and lost in translation. If his sister really would do anything to secure the throne for herself, then spreading some lies and tales about her brother was a pretty easy way of doing so. Then there was the fact he nearly died by her own hand.. A person that was considered his own flesh and blood. He had it no better than she had. At least her brother was somewhat nicer to her, all things considering. It explained a bit about him, why he was so guarded. His own sister was after the throne he rested on and would have done anything to clear a path for herself. It showed why he guarded himself from her... So what was a girl to do to break through that? Each had extreme trust issues, but for various reasons. A younger son named the heir while the eldest was skipped over... Oh the fights that may have broken out. It saddened her to have to hear this about him, but at least it gave her some sort of idea about him beyond what little they knew of each other.

The girl poked at her food lightly, feeling her own hunger flee. It was one thing to ask about his family, but now he was asking about her's. It was only fair after all, but it didn't make it any less painful. "Okay... Since you told me about your sister, I'll tell you about my brother," she replied as she moved the food around her plate a bit. It seemed fair. One sibling for another. Parents... They could work on at another time. "My brother... he was the eldest as well, but he was the family favorite. Smart, strong, and an amazing fighter. He knew some magic, but I rarely ever saw him use it. Most of the time it was physical combat with him, like the family." Lia stopped for a moment, remembering the few times they would spend some time together before she 'left.' The times he tried to help her understand combat, the times he would dress her wounds... A tinge of pain pulled at her heart as she stared down at her plate, no longer wishing to even play with her food.

"You see, the family was more known for fighting. Warriors I guess... Highly trained in combat. He was always the better one at practically everything. Even when I was young, everyone fawned over him... But at least he was nice to me, for a time at this...." Her words faded out slowly as she remembered how nice he used to be to her... and then how quickly it soured. "As for parents... like you said. Another time."

Lia glanced back over towards him to see his own food pushed away. Talking about her family was painful as it was, and having to eat while remembering that... She could see this was not a topic either of them could have over a meal. It was painful for the both of them. "So... I guess we're done?" She looked up to him, waiting for him to tell her what they would do next. Were they even okay now? The demoness had felt a little more at ease knowing a bit about her companion, but there was still the issue that they didn't really understand each other. Hopefully, this was a step in the right direction.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Andromeda - 08-13-2017

He listened to her. He was curious about who her family was, but didn't want to ask at the moment. He figured he could figure it out later. If her family was as good as she claimed for fighting then they would definitely be on record in his castle. He wasn't sure why she wasn't with them or what had caused a rift with them if her and her brother had gotten along as a child. He figured he could find out in records... or if she was even listed in the records. They typically were very in depth on everything.

"I'm not sure," he admitted to her. "I mean I know we should try to get to know each other more, but I feel as though we also need to to not rush into that too fast and allow it to be slow. These topics also seem to be mood killers for us both." He thought about what else he could say, but with the memory of his sister so fresh in his mind, he didn't want to think nor could he see past that. It was too fresh. The memories of her....

He tapped his fingers on the table. "Why don't we just talk about a happy memory instead. Tell me one of your happier memories and then I will tell you one of mine. Maybe it will help lighten the mood."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Achera - 08-13-2017

The girl gave a faint smile and a chuckle at the mere mention of not trying to rush things. It was ironic really. "Not rush huh? I guess we should have had that discussion before this happened," she remarked with another small chuckle as she rubbed her belly lightly. If they really wanted to slow down, then maybe a child wasn't a good way to 'slow down' but there was no undoing that. They didn't really go about things in the traditional manner, but they were at least trying... in their own off way. Still, at least he was proposing another way to try to get to know each other. Their family was a touchy subject for each, so if they wanted to at least try to makeup then something lighter would be better.

Lia looked at him puzzled. A good memory... Those seemed like such an oddity. After thinking about family, all she could see was the despair that clouded her history. Still, there were a few things. "Well... As lame as it sounds, most of my happy memories have been with you." She looked up at him, unsure of what else to say. Yeah, they had a lot of ups and downs, downs more often at the moment, but when the times were good... "I loved when you took me to that festival... and we spent the entire day together. I don't know if you ever really could tell, but it meant the world to me." It truly was. Even if he hadn't gone through the trouble of getting them into custom outfits, the entire day was more than magical. It was one of the best memories she had.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Andromeda - 08-15-2017

He smiled at her as he listened. It was sweet of her to say that, but he was kind of worried about her lifestyle if that was her happiest memories. What kind of life had she led? He blinked and then stumbled for words for a second before exhaling. "Sorry," he said apologizing for his lack of ability to think of the word he wanted for the moment. "Uhm I'm trying to say that I enjoyed those as well. They're definitely within my top five."

"I think one of my favorite with you was when we went to the ball room for the first time and watching your reaction to the room..and when I gave you your own room to decorate. I liked watching you take a bare room and take charge...watching you shape it into your own design and letting me see how your mind can take an empty space and how to fill it," he mentioned. He smiled thinking of the room. It should be done soon. Servants had worked tirelessly to get everything on the list and a special surprise the master had requested for her.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Achera - 08-16-2017

Lia smiled quietly at him as she listened to him share his favorite memories. She loved having spent the time with him, but it made her wonder if he only said the moments with her because she had mentioned it or if it was truly some of his favorite memories. Her's had only been so due to her not having the best of experienced and some of her true favorite memories... She wouldn't tell him about those. Not right now. It was too personal to share with someone who she did not know too well. Maybe one day he'd learn more but for now, she wasn't going to spill.

"You've been too kind to me dear. I didn't need the room, but it was great to get to decorate," she commented. Now she could go hide in there rather than moving from her bedroom to the library. At least this way, she had a little more freedom within the castle. Plus, she could see sunlight once more even if it was artificial. Lia thought for a moment what else she could ask him. He seemed to have been more willing to be open with her than before. She now knew a little bit more about his family, and about him. It was better than before and maybe they were better now. The tension had diminished a bit with neither looking to argue. It was a start. She didn't want this to end, but at some point he'd have to choose whether he would be spending the night with her once more or returning to his room. The very thought of him having to leave made the girl's smile fade ever so slightly. He would stay, right?

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Andromeda - 08-16-2017

"Well I need to try to treat you well when I can," he said as he watched her amused. He thought about something as he tried to figure her out. "How old are you exactly? You fuss I say you don't understand things and I'm starting to feel as though you feel I am patronizing you, so do you mind giving me a rough estimate so I have a better idea of your age?" He looked at her as he leaned across the table showing interest. His eyes sparkled as he inspected her reaction. He knew most girls didn't like that question, but he was just trying to make sure he got a better idea of how to handle her and her age would help a bit with that.

He smiled softly at her amused. "Or you can just give me an era... like a general thing if a range is too much. Just something so I have a better idea on the hold of life you have. Just so I can understand you better."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Achera - 08-16-2017

She loved how attentive he was towards her sometimes. How he tried to keep her happy and give her, her treats like a room for decoration even if it was more extravagant than she needed. Razor also knew how to kill a mood quickly. Lia's eyes flickered with an intense rage as she realized what he was asking of her. "Being a second generation demon, I'm definitely younger than you," she remarked quickly almost in self-defense. She hated to ever say her age and normally avoided the topic all together. "I wasn't born in the last century, I can tell you that much and you treat me as if I were. I've lived long enough out there to know how to survive." She almost left the table in rage at him for even asking such a question, but upon looking at her date, she could see he didn't mean any ill-will. He was too interested in the knowledge and even more-so now that he leaned towards her.

Lia tried to calm down as she looked away for a moment to recollect herself. How old was she even? The idea was strange to even comprehend anymore. There were those years she lost but how many were they? What felt like years could have been shorter than she realized, but at the same time she had been there for as long as she could remember. What age was she even? "Um okay... Let's see... I vaguely remember someone mentioning famine had been invading angel territories? Something about lack of resources.. We hadn't seen many famine customers at the time due to the shortage so tension was a bit higher..." Before she could even realize it, she had been dazed out, rambling a bit from what she could remember. It was harsher for her at the time. Beya had been stressed about the lack of customers due to famine clients no longer appearing, so Lia suffered some of that wrath... or was it the owner before? It was hard to keep track of who was who after so long, especially from a time she no longer wished to remember.

"I don't remember much else from that... Maybe something about rebuilding cities from an attack or some new creature appearing. Maybe something with the dragon lines I think but it's all a blur." Most of her memories were repressed. She didn't know what was happening in the world when she was still a child and 'left' the family. She hadn't known what was going on in the world beyond what customers would gossip about and even still it was just that to her, gossip. There was no way for her to know what was true and what wasn't. Lia slowly looked back to Razor, a bit more dazed from having to go down a path she was not keen on doing. She had nothing to ask him now. She was still trying to recollect herself after having to remember back to those times.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Andromeda - 08-22-2017

He listened to her. He hadn't reacted when she had gotten angry. He didn't want to cause it to go to a fight. He had forced himself to reframe from such matters as he watched her. She had let go of her rage soon enough and considered the honesty behind his question and for that he was grateful. 

"At least now I know you a bit better and have a better idea of what you've been through," he told her as he nodded to her. "It also reassures me that we are more equals in terms of experience and I don't have to abby you as much as I first worried I might have to. It lets me know if anything you surely know how to survive..." He looked around the room as he tried to gather his thoughts. He was getting tired, but they had so much more to work on, but he wasn't sure how much he was wanting to do in one day. 

He moved over to her bed, leaving her at the table as he laid down on the bed and patted the spot beside him. "Come... Lets sleep and we'll talk more in the morning."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken [M] - Achera - 08-23-2017

Why had he been so insistent on babying her? She had been around for long enough, but even still. He treated her like she was a small baby who had barely been in the world. She never could understand it. Even now, he seemed to be more on edge around her and insisting on keeping her out of harm's way. She could understand to some degree, but even still it seemed a bit excessive for a demon who had been around for so long. 

She didn't want to argue with him though. At least this was a start in the right direction from what she could tell. Lia watched him move from his place at the table to her bed. She couldn't tell if he would be willing to sleep with her once more and yet here he was... A smile slowly wiped onto her face as he patted the side of her bed. How could she resist going to him after today? The girl got up from her place and went to go join hm in bed. The girl smiled as she nuzzled into his side, looking for the affection she had so desperately missed. Lia purred into his side, smiling at the small bit of bliss they had right now. "Alright Razor... Goodnight dear," she said as she nuzzled into him more for bed.

- x -

Lia stirred early in the morning, comfortably pressing against her partner's side with ease. She preferred to be as close as she could to him and tended to do so when she was fast asleep. The girl had been waiting for the usual movement of the death king. He normally got up much earlier than she did, and thus had caused her to slowly wake up at the faintest movement when he was finally awake. She could go back to sleep whenever he left her to go to work. For now, she'd enjoy the morning cuddles while she could. It was the small bliss of the morning that allowed them to enjoy the other's company without the arguing the usually happened. It was her favorite part of the day because it always started perfectly.

"Morning Razzie," she purred as she nuzzled into his side more. Her eyes had yet to open, but she could tell he was awake. He normally pretended to be asleep until she was up. It made her smile all the more.