Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 01-30-2017

"Yes, eventually we'll have tamer dates I hope, but they say the first one is the most important," he said amused. He peeked at her from his never ending work. "After all I want to make sure you feel welcomed, so I must make sure everything is perfect for you. I already have a babysitter for Vion so I know he'll be fine." Razor wasn't just really telling her but also doing a checklist for himself. He had to make sure everything was going to be perfect. He couldn't leave if his son wasn't taken care of either. So many loose ends. He wanted to make sure nothing was amiss.

He thought about what she had said. "Have you been enjoying the book I mentioned to you? You might find legends and histories fun. It's just different takes on how we all came to be for every species... The wolves are amusing. They apparently think they're made from water and dragons from twisters."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 01-30-2017

Lia chuckled at herself lightly. He was trying so hard for a date that was more of a formality at the moment. "I feel plenty welcomed Razor. I've been living here for a bit as it is and we've already been together... Whatever you plan will be wonderful. I'd be happy just resting with you for a little bit as well." She loved spending the night nuzzled into his side. It was odd to share her bed with another, but she wasn't as frightful as she had been in the past with others. With him, she was calmer but the lack of a bed partner made her more susceptible to when he tossed and turned, making her awake a lot easier.

She nibbled on some more food, glancing back at him with a smile. It was nice to return to the table with him. "I have! It's all truly wonderful to read. I wonder where these beliefs come from sometimes or if they can be true. We just may never know."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 01-30-2017

"Well some will tell you the oracles said they were the god's words or some say they had visions," he told her. "However, we may never know. The two that do know how we were all made are now dead and split into the gods and goddesses we worship now. They took on forms to match species they felt were most alike them." He was amused she was so interested in the lore of creation but didn't seem to fond of the gods. He put down his feather not wanting to write for the moment, but instead to discuss this conversation more.

"So Lia... Do you believe in the goddess or our god? Who do you think is more in control and what do you think of each of them? Would you like to meet the Oracles at the festival? In reality, it is in a way honoring them and the sacrifice they give up to allow the gods to use them as a vessel," he said in an offhanded way.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 01-30-2017

Lia listened to him intently as he continued to talk. She loved the folklores and legends that were told from one person to another. Even the oracles themselves seemed to have some discrepancies amongst them, but it was all fascinating to the young vixen. Maybe it was the possibility of the fantasy or illusion of it all since the original oracles were no longer around for the most part. Even still, it wasn't as if the gods would tell them what was correct or what was wrong.

She glanced at him noticing his attention was solely on her and no longer split between the letter. It made her slightly happen in an odd sort of manner. She thought about the questions for a few moments as she tried to consider it. "I do. I mean it is possible to refute that they all do not exist and the gods are an elaborate figment of our imaginations passed down through the generations, but I believe in them. It seems too hard to put together the 'fake' accounts of these gods much less have oracles who are their vessels. Maybe it is all an elaborate illusion created by the magic we have all been granted and sometimes I do doubt them myself, but I guess it's easier to believe in a higher power than ourselves than to imagine they do not exist at all."

It was an odd subject for her. She did believe in them, but didn't sometimes. She felt as if the gods were supposed to watch over their respective creatures, but then again she felt neglected. Wouldn't they have helped her when she was younger? All the times she prayed to the gods for help, but nothing? Maybe it was due to their gods' affinity was over. Maybe she just wasn't worth help. Whatever the case, she tried to remain positive about them. It was easier to cope with. "As for their control... Wouldn't they all be equal? I mean Jaelani and Akros were equal in all respects to one another. Wouldn't their segmented selves be as well? It's a balancing act. If they weren't all balanced, then maybe our war with the angels would have ended by now."

It was true. If one of the sides was more powerful than the other, this war wouldn't have been so dragged out and they would have had a victor. However, they were equal in all ways. Angels and demons were a clear example of this. "As for the oracles... I would love to meet them. Maybe if we're lucky we can see Vaerath's oracle?" She smiled at him. Her innocence was so pure. It was clear she was excited about the festival, but more so about spending some quality time with him beyond the castle's walls.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 01-31-2017

"I mean in reality do you think the god of knowledge or life was stronger? Which one of the two held more power at the time? It is debated among history scholars. Some argue that knowledge itself is power, but then does that make Jaelani weak? Some would argue that she's stronger cause she made life, but what a pitiful life. Some say we in the beginning were all trapped in a shadowed state. Unaware we were even alive until Knowledge saved us, and then they say later condemned us," he said watching her. "So really they could be equal or they could actually be unequal. No one will ever know, but I do know something.... They listen to us, but for some reason they don't always answers and I'm not sure why. No one is. Some say the Oracles limit them, others say without the Oracles they cannot help... However... Vaerath's Oracle was last seen fifty years ago where he died in battle." It was all philosophy that most avoided, but why not bring it up? It was a debate for lovers and friends and it was an engaging conversation to say the least. How far did one go for something they believed in and what caused them to do this?

He took a sip of his drink. His throat becoming dry from this small speech and he smiled at her. "I am glad you're excited to meet the oracle, but don't be too upset if there isn't one... I"m not sure why, but Vaerath seems to have become absent as of late. There are posers, of course, but no one has seen the true oracle for a very long time now," he spoke softly looking at her with a bit of worry in his eyes. She wasn't banking on that to make this a good time right? He wasn't even sure if one existed or if one had been born. He figured Vion was going to be it, but ... he wasn't. So where or was there an Oracle? What was going on?

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 01-31-2017

Lia paused to let his words digest a bit more. It was an interesting argument to have when it came to the original gods, especially since neither really existed anymore. They were broken into small pieces, and now they worshiped those segments rather than the original two. "I guess it depends on what your priorities are and your beliefs," she responded after a little bit to consider it. "I mean one could argue that none of us would exist without life. Some like us blessed with immorality while others perish under their age, but then another can argue that Knowledge is what makes us mentally alive. A way to actually life. Maybe we may have been 'alive' thanks to Jaelani, but we didn't 'become' alive until Akros blessed us with thought. I mean how else would we be having this conversation then? But then again... It's hard to argue that one is truly more powerful than the next because we as their creations needed them both. What is Knowledge without Life and what is Life without Knowledge? Each needs the other."

She had no idea for sure when it came to this. She never really thought it out much until now. He seemed to push her to think, and it was a small quality she liked with Razor. It brought a smile to her face, but the small display of happiness soon faded. She didn't believe they listened. Not really. "They may listen, they may not, but they don't do a damn thing otherwise...." she mumbled a little bit. She took her glass in her hand and sipped a bit at her drink as a means of distracting herself more than needing a refreshment. She placed her glass back down, glancing back over at him. She looked to his eyes, a bit unsure why he seemed to change. His voice was softer, and was that worry she saw? It couldn't be.

"Whatever the case, it should be a fun day even if we don't see his oracle. It would just be a small bonus, but as long as we spend the day together. I mean it is our first date after all right? I hear it's the most important one." She gave a small smile almost teasing at him his own words. She was excited.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 02-03-2017

Razor couldn't help but to smirk when she quoted him. "Yes it is," he said looking at her. "All the great generals I have tell me this. Time and time again that the first one is always the most important because it is the impressionable one. They say it's almost as important as meeting a new leader." His tone was teasing, but he actually took this somewhat seriously. He felt like the first impressions were always what mattered the most to most people. It was what set up the precedent for how things would go after that. The first impression could make or break any deal.

"As for the gods... I'm not sure myself. I can see it either way. I guess it depends on who you wish to believe in more," he was curious about her. She seemed to be interesting in at least doing theories with him which made him happy. It made him feel like he was actually getting to know her somewhat. "However I like your idea of they need each other... It makes me curious if they were twins, or if one was older then the other.. or if they were lovers. What made them so needy of each other? What do you believe their relationship was really like?"

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 02-04-2017

The corners of her lips curled more as she saw his amusement. She hoped he would find some comedy in her quoting him and it seemed he had. "Ahh, well judging from our first few encounters, I learned you were a bit bossy, kinda like a grumpy bear who doesn't really like to talk to anyone, and then there's the always blank, maybe annoyed? Or is it angry face you seem to make at everything and everyone. What will I think about you after our first date Mr. Lord?" Her eyes sparked with amusement as she teased him playfully. They had done things a bit out of the ordinary considering she was already living with him, they had been intimate days later, and now they were planning their first date. Guess their first impressions had worked. After all, they were planning their first date.

Lia took a moment to consider the relationship of the gods. It was something she hadn't really considered. He seemed to be interested in picking her minds of them a lot. Was he really a religious man, or was he just curious how she thought? Whatever the case, she tried to gather her thoughts about them before replying. "Well who created Jaelani and Akros? I mean, there has to be someone, something that created the two of them so maybe they are twins.. Or at the very least brother and sister... But I'm not sure if they were lovers.. I guess they could be but the legends make it sound as if they hated each other to some extent more than love. Jaelani was infuriated Akros 'messed' with her creations and thus their fight and how we have our current gods so... Maybe Akros was the older one considering how Jaelani freaked out when he added knowledge to her creatures. It is as if it were a child's tantrum..."

She paused for a bit as she tried to consider it more. Who was the older of the two and had they been lovers? Were they even related? She sighed as she rested against the backing of her chair, still trying to consider his questions. "I guess they didn't need each other to function as they were, but we as their creations needed each of them to function as we do. Their relationship... If they really were lovers then it was toxic. No one should do that to someone they truly love."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 02-07-2017

"Or think of it this way. Jaelani saw us as her children and Akros was trying to simply help us grow and prosper. Maybe he just wanted to see his children thrive on their own," he was enjoying their game. She seemed to have a well enough mind to think this through so easily. "Maybe neither one created us.. but we were born. There is another way to look at it."

He was highly amused by all of this and her teasing didn't damper his spirits. He seemed well enough to enjoy their time together. And each passing day it seemed to grow. He had let her meet Vion but hadn't let Vion have any progressly long time alone with her mostly due to his fear of sharing his child.

Razor stood up. "You should go read or sketch how you want your dress... we have a long week of planning and unfortunately for you that mostly includes getting stuck with needles as they make a custom dress for you" he told her smiling.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 02-10-2017

Lia smiled at him. He seemed to be having fun with their little discussion and it made her happy as well. She never was challenged in this manner. The girl found it enlightening to think and converse with another over theories about the gods. "Well said." She couldn't really argue with him about it. In some ways, they were all born from one of the gods in some way. They had stories and legends about this sort of thing so he could have been write. "But neither of us were there when everyone was 'born,' so I guess we're both right or wrong huh?"

She watched as he got up to go, a bit disheartened that he had to leave already. She wanted him to stay, but she didn't express her desires. He was busy and even if he wanted to stay, he most likely couldn't. A small groan rumbled in her throat. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck with needles for something she really didn't need, but he seemed excited about doing this for her so she didn't complain... well too much. "Fine... but I want a kiss for every time they stick me with a needle then," she teased at him, her eyes shining with amusement. Lia didn't expect him to agree to it, but she still wanted to play even if he was leaving. "I'll see you around?"