Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

"You bow to me because of the position granted to me by the very gods that made us," he told her looking at her. "If everyone was made equal then I would not have been given the powers I have been given. And for those who try to pave their way to my position normally get cut down by those that are also trying the same." He wasn't really sure how to tell her. He both mocked and appreciated those fought to be as strong as him. He knew that there would always be some difference though. He had years upon years of experience and his bloodline. 

He nodded to her. "Do you think the gods made a mistake? Do you think they should not have picked leaders for us?" He was curious what she thought of this.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

"But then the argument really is you have good genes and the same people can argue that there are no gods, but you were privileged to come from a strong line. I mean you are a second generation demon, so where were the gods in decided your mom a royal for us all when she was an angel before?" She had questioned it a bit. While she believed in the gods, there was still some parts that didn't make sense and why he of all people was better. She could sense it, but then again it could have just been his blood and pedigree. 

"I'm not sure... Because all need some sort of structure. Animals have leaders, herds, packs, etc. If we had no leader then it would be chaos.. But I'm not sure if the gods should have chosen for us, with all due respect. What if there was a royal who was insane, or incompetent? If something, gods forbid, something happened to you and your son was the only royal to take over then what do you think about your royalty? The gods chose for a time being, but there is no guarantee that royal's legacy would be upheld honorably." She knew not to lie despite it probably not being what he wanted to hear. She didn't know what else to say. She basically said he was a glorified leader only because he came out of his mother, another glorified leader. She wasn't as keen on the gods. They abandoned her long ago.

"Nature always finds a way my dear," he told her looking at her amused. "And I do have another son, but he is normally asleep until late. He's very young and shy around anyone that isn't me so don't be offended that you may never meet him. He would probably take over. The line would survive and then of course there is the possibility of my sister having a bastard child out there. She did run off and never came back. Gods know what happened to her." He really had no idea, but he was also making no motions to look for her. She wasn't a concern to him. She was always kind of annoying anyways. It was partly what little humanity he had left he hadn't killed her when she was living at the fortress still.

He had listened to her though. It was curious. She thought it would have been better to have the strongest lead and not allow the gods to pick. He blinked and nodded to her. "Would you like to go somewhere with me then? I'll take my little son and we'll go visit somewhere. I'll show you the gods are still very much in power and show you why I believe in them." It was an offer... Would she take it? He had no way of knowing.

Lia cocked her head. He had another son? She met the one son but after that, there was apparently another? If he was anything like the first one... She shuttered at the very idea of it. The first one was so inhumane... So what would this one be like? Still, he offered her a chance to get out. While the current deal didn't work out so much for her, maybe this one would. I mean they were going somewhere... It was better than whatever was happening here. 

"Sure... But is it wise for me to go with you and your son if he's skittish of new people?" She didn't want to frighten the child, but she was curious about the other royal. She didn't know he had two children.. How many were there?"

"My son will probably ignore you and just stay close to me," he said honestly shrugging. Unfortunately his son slept until late in the afternoon most days so it'd be a while before they could leave either way. It wasn't like they could just wake the boy up. Most of the time he literally could not be woken up.. The master doubted that the gods themselves could wake that boy up. It was like a small coma every night. "We will wait until he gets up to leave. I would hate to disturb a growing boy from his sleep. For now go get ready. We're going some place special that will require you to be dressed decent and to be clean."

He gave her a look and then stood and left. His words were clear. Her current appearance just wouldn't cut it at all. She needed to go get fixed up more. They were going some place so special he wasn't exactly sure how to even tell her properly. It was ground even he held respect for. The uttermost respect and it should be treated as such.

Lia looked down her outfit. She didn't look bad. If anything she looked great, but he wasn't appeased with her appearance today. She didn't expect to have to appeal to him, but what was she supposed to wear? She didn't know what to do, but she had a couple of hours to figure it out or whenever his son woke up. She sighed and got up to leave. She would figure it out. She went back to her room to get cleaned and dressed 'properly' whatever the hell that meant. 

From a secluded room in his own separate tunnel stirred a small child curled up in his bed. He cuddled up with a toy doll given to him. He slept with it most nights when he wasn't with his father. It helped him sleep. It was well past noon when the boy finally got up from his bed. He yawned and stretched. Where was his dad? Vion grabbed his toy and dragged it behind him as he ran to his father's chambers to see him. He hadn't seem him in forever, or at least to him it was. "Daddyyyyyyy," he cried. He missed his daddy, so where was he?

Razor had sent a servant to get clothes for the girl. He had taken a while to realize she wouldn't have what he'd need from her. He had guessed her size based on her body, and the fact that one of the servant girls in the fortress was close to her size. He spent his time working out for a few hours before going back to his room to bathe. He used soaps that created a lingering scent on his skin. His hair, that normally he just let air dry actually got attention today. He had made sure it was straight with no frizz. His clothes were the color of his house and he dressed as if he was going to meet another leader. 

Once he was ready, he checked the time. His son should be up soon... He sent word for a hair dresser to go meet the girl. She needed to look regal... And not only that, but look as if she belonged amongst the gods. He knew where they were gone was not completely safe, but it was where he felt he needed to take her. Before he could think too much on what the downside was, he heard his son calling for him. He was just glad the hair dresser knew to add items to her hair as accessories. She use to dress his sister.. He was sure the girl was in good hands.

"Vion? I'm in my room," he called back to his son smiling. He seemed confused and tired still. "It's okay. I haven't left you..." He waited for him to appear. A smile on his face. "Do you want to go on an adventure?"

Vion entered his father's room still sleepy headed and tired. He perked up a bit seeing Razor and rushed to give his father a hug. He nuzzled into him happily with his toy in hand. He perked up at the sound of an adventure. He loved going places especially if dad went. "Yes!!!" He eagerly squeaked. "Where are we going?" He looked up at his father with big eyes and full of excitement. He was awake now.

"We're going to our male patron god's shrine. It's on the island off the coast, but I need you to get ready okay? We need to make sure you look like the prince you are," Razor said hugging his son tightly to him. It was clear the demon held some affection for the boy. The mother was no longer in the picture, but he clearly cared for the boy. His hand rubbed the boy's back trying to comfort him before ruffling his hair softly. He was glad he was up though. "You need to take a bath. I have clothes picked out for you already after that. If you're good I will make sure you have your favorite meal tonight okay?"

He smiled down at his son. He hoped he wouldn't get too much resistance today. He just wanted it to go well.

Vion smiled like an idiot and nuzzled his father. He didn't want to bathe but the prospect of his favorite food was enough to entice the little boy. He loved food. Maybe if he was extra good he'd get dessert today too. "Okayyyyy," he said as he looked up to his father with a huge smile. He loved him more than anything and it showed. The boy took his toy and dart back down the hall to go bathe and dress like his father wanted him too. 

Lia meanwhile had to deal with the hairdresser and servants whi brought her clothes to wear. She had no idea where they were going, but it seemed important if he was doing all of this. She let the hairdresser work on her however she wanted and had already cleaned herself and changed beforehand. Wherever they were going, it had to be grand.