Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

He didn't comment on if he miss her but instead nodded to her amused. "Then I'll take my leave. I've had a long day and I was only curious as to why my wards were telling me someone was roaming this late at night. I wanted to make sure nothing was amiss," he told her with the tiniest smile. It turned the corner of his lip up before he turned.

"And you're correct don't be late," and then he walked out of the room. He knew no dangers lurked tonight and that was enough to allow him a peaceful and we'll earned sleep. He returned to his room and spent a bit of magic reinforcing the wards before he climbed into bed.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

Lia nodded as she held the book to her. He was her king after all. She was slowly learning what it meant for him and how she was supposed to act with him. It was hard though. He commanded respect but he kept her prisoner in these tunnels. At least she had some mobility around here and was fed. "Good night," she replied as she watched him leave. She looked down at the book and smiled. She followed out into the tunnels and back to her room to read for bed.

The morning came all too soon. The book was closed with a piece of paper to mark where she was. The girl was snuggled up in her bed happily. She didn't want to get up, but she knew what time it was. She had to go meet Razor despite her desire to sleep. She stretched herself out and rolled out of bed. After cleaning herself, she dressed in a modest fitted top with billowy long sleeves and fitted long pants. She curled her hair a bit at the ends for amusement. She liked when she looked nice. It made her feel better. When she was done, she went to the dining hall and took her seat as she had every morning.

Razor got up like every morning and slowly worked his way to getting himself ready. It was almost like a second job to make himself presentable for the public. He sighed as he looked at the outfits he had to choose from today. Today was a workout day. He needed to keep in shape and today was a day devoted to just that. He picked out some semi tight pants and a lose shirt with no sleeves. Then he put on some braces on both wrist and ankles that held weights on them so he could get more from his workout.

Leaving his room he walked to the dining hall where he could sense her waiting for him. Without a word he took his place and began to eat. He let the silence stretch as he plotted his workout for the day. After a moment to he finally sighed. "So, did you enjoy the book? Or was the original stories a bit too dark?"

Lia watched to eat as soon as he had. She knew better than to before he did. She glanced at his outfit curious as to his attire each day. The day before was doted to looking like a royal, and today was workout. She would never understand him. She quietly ate as he did. "I did. They weren't bad and it was interesting to see the originals before they were watered down," she replied as she popped some food into her mouth. She finished chewing that before replying once more. "I didn't finish them all though because I fell asleep... But I'll finish it tonight."

She smiled slightly and ate more. She noticed a few of his scars that showed on his arms and peaked through where he should have had sleeves. She had seen them the night before to know them, but it was still a mystery. Lia didn't ask about them though. Maybe another time. "So, have any royal duties today?"

"I have to go and work out today," he told her as he kept eating. He figured that was easy to tell considering his style today. He tended to dress for the occasion no matter what it was. This outfit was designed to be light and give him mobility so it was easier for him to move around.  "I can't just sit on my throne all day. I tend to like to keep in shape if only to keep me sane after listening to everyone complain."

He has finished eating and looked across the table at her. He had wasted no time eating today. "I am however glad you enjoyed the book. Not many would but the age of the tale also shows things about how culture had changed over the years with how we change the same story to fit a new generation. If you think those tales changed a lot you should see what the mortal species do with theirs like the humans."

He chuckled slightly as the servants brought him some dessert and then some for Lia.

"Well it explains why you're not a giant lump at the rate you eat," she comment with a small smirk. He was done so quickly it was mind blowing. Normally they enjoyed each other's presence for a little longer. She guessed not so much today after all. "I can only imagine looking at our own stories how the mortals change theirs. I wonder if they were darker first and then became sweeter like ours did."

Lia cocked her head confused as to seeing the dessert once more and he was joining her? She was almost scared to touch it. Had she done something good this time? He said he gave her dessert as a reward before but now he was joining her so what gave? Lia slowly moved to eat, curious if it was okay. "...Where is it you workout down here anyway?" Maybe she could go when he wasn't there. Then she'd have something to do besides read. Besides, at the rate he was going he surely was trying to fatten her up with these desserts. She needed to workout at some point.

"I work out in a private section of the tunnels. It opens up into a massive training room that has split off tunnels for other types of work outs. Some are magic based, physical, and a few mental ones," he explained as he ate a bite of his cake. He was enjoying the taste of it and he really only ate things this sweet right before a work out. 

He, however, was not sure how to explain to Lia that it was really hard for a demon to get fat. Especially the famine and death classes... Famine by nature was thin and Death well.. she should know better then anyone they looked mostly like a skeleton. Why did she think he could get fat he had no idea. In all reality he looked like a corpse in his true form, but as a royal he looked more alive then the others of their kind. "Do you work out a lot?"

Lia nodded as she ate some of the food. She did love sweets. It made her happy and it was obvious. A smile was on her face and if she had a tail, she'd be wagging it. She was happy for now. His gym seemed so big... but he said they were private so she said nothing about it. Guess she'd find some other entertainment. 

"On occasion. Normally because I travel I don't but sometimes I will for entertainment."

"You should try it more often," he told her as he finished the last of his cake and chased it down with the drink the servant had so kindly refilled. "A lot of people believe that to have strong magic and potential it's not all about blood, but the amount of time you spend training your body and mind."

He let her ponder this for a moment. "I disagree however. Training does help, that is true, but blood makes a difference. You can only get so far trying.. some people are just born with a better lineage and that is why we have royals. The gods knew this and that is why were different in some way for ever species you look at. Demon royals get a special weapon and our appearance changes to match our power level, royal dragons can make items that last forever past their death from nothing which no other mage can,  and royal kitsune are said to be able to make their illusions a reality."

Lia nodded but she didn't know what to say otherwise. She believed in blood being the reason why some were better than others. But it didn't explain siblings to her. Maybe genetics were unkind to some or the gods. They sure were unkind to her. She believed in the royals, in him. He was better in some respects, but not all. 

"So you have a special weapon? Your power matches your weapon and appearance... Blood can make a demon better than another, but there is something to be said about those who work for it." She glanced at the scraps of her dessert and finished the last. She sighed. "But blood does seem to be the determinate power here. I mean that is why we bow to you right?"