Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

Razor came down dressed more for show today. He looked like he was ready to address the whole kingdom today. The clothes only the finest and the colors so rich that only someone of the upper class or higher could afford them. He smiled as he sat down. "Glad to see your slowly learning the time here," he told her as he watched her. She looked tired... Why was she so tired? 

He fixed his plate and began eating which was a sign she could eat as well. He wasn't sure what to say really. He still felt very tense from the other fight they had. Would they fight again today? He wasn't too sure... He hadn't noticed the notes until then and he looked confused at them. "What is this?"

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

Lia glanced up warily as she heard his voice. Her face frowned a bit seeing his so lavishly dressed. Was this supposed to remind her of her place or did he have something important to do today? She knew better than to ask. Lia waited for him to eat and slowly started to eat with him, but she wasn't in an eating mood. She just wanted to sleep, but she wasn't going to skip breakfast after their fight the previous day. 

The girl yawned as she reached for her glass and slowly sipped from it. It was a warm tea to relax her for now. She'd go to bed after breakfast if he didn't need anything from her. She glanced over at him as he looked at the notes. Wasn't it obvious? "They're my notes from the books you gave me in relation to my friend," she replied as she tried to stifle another onset yawn. "There's characteristics, general information I know about him and what not in those pages since you wanted to know a little about him. The rest are more in relation to species affinities he has and what I was able to piece together.." She had read all the books he gave her and it showed. "The books are open in the library to specific pages that might help you understand a section of my writing. The book and page are listed accordingly next to the notes it follows."

Lia sipped her tea and placed it back down before trying to eat again. Maybe she could get someone to bring her some food later on in the day after she slept...

Razor slowly read through the notes making sure that he didn't over look anything. She had taken really good notes.. Maybe she'd be good as a spy one day with how good she was with detail. This was actually astounding how amazing she had done. He turned the first page and then the next. There was just so much detail... How long had this taken her? She must have been up for a while.... He knew for a fact half the books that held this information had not been in those he had given her and they were not exactly small.

He sipped his drink and finished reading. The man was tall, white hair and not white, but light skin. If he just had those facts he'd have geared for angel, but the fact he was thin was what pointed him to famine. He clicked his tongue as he let this information settle in his brain as if he was tasting it. "He is definitely a hybrid. His thinness could be from lack of eating but if he's well enough to take care of others and be a good friend as you say then I'd peg famine," he said to her as he started to eat. "But his appearance is too angelic to ignore. He definitely seems to favor that bloodline then ours."

He went back to eating having finished with the papers. "Unless you've seen his true form I cannot give an accurate say of what angel kingdom he may be from," he said to her as he ate. He was trying to be nicer. He really was. "So... how late did you stay up?"

Lia watched him warily as he looked over her notes. The last thing she wanted was for him to say they were horrible or he had no idea what he was looking at. She spent all night doing that. It was a relief that he didn't rip her apart this morning. She sipped on her tea quietly and nibbled at some food. She managed to take some more bread from the arrangement. Bread was her favorite lately. It was so warm and comforting... She couldn't stop eating the stuff. 

She nodded in agreement with his assumptions having come to the same conclusion before. She knew some demons favored more angelic in general, but he was too angelic for a demon to not have some mixed blood. She just never bothered to care. He was always nice to her and that was all she really cared about. A sigh escaped her lips as she shook her head no to his later statement. "If he's a mix, he's hidden his true form well from me. I either haven't seen it or couldn't tell when we were together, but it's been awhile to remember..." Lia stretched herself a bit as she tried to stay awake.

"Um... All night?" She blinked at him. She hadn't really realized it until she said it that she never got any sleep. That explained her exhaustion now.

"Then go to bed," he told her. He finished his eating his meal after a bit and drunk his drink. He smiled at her amused. She was so silly to have stayed up all night. He really didn't care how fast she got the work done as long as it was done at some point. He wanted her to enjoy herself here as well but he could see that would be a bit harder for her with the way she just wanted to blow through work. Why had she worked so fast? It wouldn't make her trust her... It would just give her nothing to do as time went on.

He was watching her from across the table. "I'm not surprised. If he is half angel, which I'm sure he is, his true form could hurt you. It is why he probably never showed it to you," he told her. "So don't feel too bad on it. If he's your friend he could have just been scared of hurting you is all. Or alerting another demon around to what he was and drawing attention into you both." 

"But seriously. Go to sleep. I have a meeting to go to soon anyways."

Lia nodded to him as she just sipped her tea. It made sense why He wouldn't but she questioned what Razor was thinking. He had an open distain for hybrids so if her friend was one and they found him... what would happen to him? Then again if he wasn't death then how did he move around so effortlessly? 

She shook her head a bit too tired to think about these things. She'd listen to him and go to bed. Lia stretched out and gave a yawn. She dipped her head to him in respect and got up to go. "Have fun at your meeting." She didn't linger long before disappearing down the halls to go to bed. 

It was well into the night when the girl stirred. She had been so exhausted... she stretched herself out and went to go clean herself up. She had no idea how long she slept but she knew it was night. She figured she missed dinner but she didn't really care. No one bothered her so that was fine with her. After bathing, she slipped into some nightwear in case she fell asleep. It was really an overgrown shirt and she threw on some shorts underneath, but to the eye it seemed as she had none on. She didn't expect to see anyone this time of night, so the girl slipped out of her room to venture into the library once more. Razor did say there were books for her to enjoy.

Razor's meeting went til late at night when he finally retired to his room. He slowly undressed feeling the weight of his position hit him. It was days like this that he knew that he truly held more power in his hands then he'd ever need. He had no idea what to do with it half the time and he just wanted to rest now. He felt stiff and sore from all the chats and debates. Nothing had gotten too out of hand today. It was just ... so brain numbing to hear all the thoughts and fears and concerns he had to live with. One choice of his could turn the tide of the people for or against him, cost him the battle, and the only thing that kept him going sometimes was the fear of what would happen should his son become the next leader. 

He knew his son wouldn't do well. He may lack social skills, but his son... He had made a monster. He wasn't even able to be classified as a person on most days. The most accurate description he could ever give of his son was someone who was half dead, but yet still living too fearful to admit their time was over and still trying to accomplish some goal. He slowly changed into his nightwear which was just some loose fitting trousers that were airy. The fiber was made of silk. He started to climb into his bed, but paused... He looked down the halls. He could feel his wards telling him someone was in the library. 

Razor left his room and made his way there. He had an idea who it might be, but why up so late he had no idea. Had she slept all day and now her schedule was off? He rather hoped not. That'd make it a bit of a nuisance to talk to her then. Walking in he called out to her. "Lia? Are you here?"

"Hmmm?" Lia glanced up from her little perch with book in hand. Her back was against an armrest while her legs were crossed over the opposite side. A book rested in her lap. She was already a bit into the book. She tilted her head at him confused to see him here...Until she noticed he had no shirt on. Her face flushed slightly and she turned away to look back at her book. 

"I wasn't expecting you tonight. I don't have any new notes..." She hadn't been there to do work. In her lap was a book with a compilation of children's stories for bed. She liked how they were told. It helped her to get to sleep a little more despite having slept most of the day. She didn't want to be off her sleep schedule. Lia closed the book. Her fingers marked where she was as she looked at him sleepishly. She hadn't expected to be disturbed. So why was he here?

"I wasn't here to check on progress," he told her watching her. She seemed to have gotten familiar with the library at least. It was a start for sure. He nodded to the book she was reading taking note she had taken him on hiss offer to read what she wanted at her down time. "Those tales are more modern then what I grew up with..."

He moved over to a shelf and pulled off a book that binding was weakened with use and time. He carried it over to her and smiled softly. Some of the tales she was reading would be in here but with their original darker side and some nonexistant but instead completely different tales in the book he gave her. "I hope you're not planning on staying up all night again. Eventually you start missing all our shared meals."

Lia smiled at him as she took the book from him. The book was definitely old judging by its shape. She didn't know what to expect from these tales. Based on the book alone, it was possible it was older than her. Probably half of the books in here were. She looked at the book and lightly let her fingers run over the cover. She'd enjoy this later on. Her smile widened at the prospects of the new book. She enjoyed the ones he chose out before for research. Maybe these would be good just for relaxing.

She rolled over as she unfolded her legs and placed her feet on the ground to face him, her back now against the chair like she should have been sitting. "Awww, do you already miss me for breakfast?" She teased him with a smile. She didn't know how he'd take it considering what she knew of him. "I was just here looking for something to read to go to sleep... Don't worry I'll try not to miss our beloved meals together." She got up and stretched; her shirt rolling up a bit to expose her shorts underneath. She held the book in her grasps as she smiled up at him.

"Breakfast tomorrow, same time. Don't be late, I know." She smiled more. She was slowly learning how things ran around here, even if she wasn't a big fan.