Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

The girl took the note and nodded. "I'll leave the food with you. It will stay warm for a few hours as it's enchanted too just in case you get hungry again," she informed her as she bowed again stepping out. She went to find her master. She really hoped that the girl would get some freedom back. The master just needed to understand it was okay to trust. It was just so hard for him. Sometimes he refused to even let them cook his meals because of it. She wondered if the scar was really that bad... Why couldn't he just accept help.

She went into the royal chambers knowing that was were he'd be. He was sitting in a chair in his room just staring at a wall. He looked bored like he didn't know what to do. She bowed and waiting for him to tell her to enter before she entered his room. She handed him the note, keeping her head slightly angled to the floor as he read.

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

The note read as follows:

Dear Razor,

I am sorry for the misunderstandings we may have had and the way I acted towards you. You were correct in what you said. You are my king and I should have treated you as such. I had no intentions of originally leaving you and breaking our deal prior to finding out I was no longer allowed outside of the castle even if I had been with you. It is not easy to learn I was no longer allowed outside in a world I am comfortable in to be confided in place I know nothing about with people I do not know and for my reaction, I am sorry. In time I hope you come to trust that I will not break our deal or leave you without another word. 

Forgive me,

Lia

Lia had been idly staring at the mess she had created in her fit of rage. She had been so stupid... The girl sighed and got up to start cleaning up the place. She couldn't live like this. Living under the bed was one thing, but having a mess outside of it was another. She picked up the rubbish and collected her things. She hid her bag so she could not easily reach it in hopes to not attempt to flee again. Her items were placed about the room as they should have been like she was living there. She was living there. The girl had said he was trying to get to know her. Maybe she should have done the same for him.

Razor read the note once and folded it back up and put it on the nightstand. He wasn't sure what to say to it or to even think. Was she just lying to be able to leave once she got this 'trust' back. He felt wary. She had seemed so keen on trying to leave before that he had no idea if it was true or not. He nodded to the servant and dismissed her not sure what to believe. It all seemed so foreign to him. 

He gave her another three hours before going to see her. He took his time walking to her room showing he was in no rush. He had nothing to do, but after their fight he did need the time to calm down. He stopped outside of the wards and leaned against the tunnel still dressed as he had been before. "Hello Lia," he said looking at the room.

Lia had been in the bed with another bowl of soup off to the side with her bread in it. In front of her laid a couple of the books the servant had brought and some more paper and ink in case she wanted to write some notes. She had just turned away to try to snack on her meal when she heard the ever familiar voice. She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned to see Razor just beyond the doorway and well behind the wards. Her face flushed a bit as she dipped her head a bit shyly unsure what to really do. He was still probably mad with her... She knew it. A letter wouldn't fix anything, but she wanted to at least try.

"Hi..." she shyly replied. She had no idea what he would say or do. There was nothing she even knew what to say. There wasn't even a guarantee he'd come but here he was...

Razor looked at her confused what to think about anything. He blinked more at her trying to figure out which way he should go with this. Should he give her another chance? What if she just ran? He was looking at her hoping the answer would just come to him, but it didn't. It was so hard... Why couldn't it just come to him? He sighed and stood up straight after a second. 

"The wards will be down after tonight at midnight. You'll be able to join me for breakfast tomorrow," he said as he held his hand out editing the wards for her. It was a step. He had decided to give her some trust. She'd be allowed form her room, but not the fortress.

She bit her lip a bit as she waited for him to say something. What was only a couple of minutes felt like hours. The last time they 'talked' they were screaming at each other and now they just started blankly at each other. It was excruciating. When Razor finally spoke... A huge wave of relieve flooded over the girl. It was a start in the right direction. "Thank you my Lord," she said to him dipping her head a little out of respect. She went to open her mouth to ask him something, but quickly closed it knowing better than to do so right now. She thought for a second to edit her words. 

"... I'm sorry to have ruined your day off... Maybe another day we can take a tour? Or you can show me what you do for fun around here?" She wanted to get to know him a little. He was trying to do the same with her so it was the least she could do.

"Perhaps, but I cannot just take off all the time," he told her watching her carefully. "Today I had to make sure all my work was done before hand as well as some of my work for the next day just in case an emergency did come up." It was clear he had actually put some effort into today only to have it explode. He hadn't meant to get so angry, but he had. He had a temper and it showed.

He sighed trying to keep his cool. This was hard for him. He wasn't sure what to do or to say to her. "We will do a tour soon.. Have fun with your work..." He turned to leave.

Lia just nodded and him disappointed. She hadn't realized he cleared his schedule for her and the amount of work that went into doing that. It just made her feel shitter about the situation than she already had been. "Oh... Okay.. See you tomorrow..." she replied. It was clear in her tone that she was disappointed and even a look back at her would show her sullen face, but she let him go. She wouldn't pressure him again. She was allowed to leave after midnight. That was the best she could have hoped for at the moment. 

The girl watched as he left, holding back a whine. Just under her breath she whispered, "I'm sorry...."

He went back to just goofing off really. He didn't feel like getting further ahead in work then he already was. He instead went to the alter room and spoke privately to the gods. He wondered which one of them would listen to him at this point in his life. Did they still care? He wasn't so sure if they care of just enjoyed watching the war. He felt like they were the gods sick joke at times. They were the only species that had shared gods with another species. Maybe that was why the angels truly believed they were the same species.. Cause no other species shared their two patron gods like they did. 

After a while he gave up and went back to his room for bed. Then he moved away to his room once more and went to bed. Morning came too soon.. He wondered if she'd actually be on time today.

By morning Lia had already been in the dining hall waiting for the Lord to come down. Her head kept dipping slightly as she tried to keep herself awake, but exhaustion consumed her. She was going to be on time for once... If anything she would be here waiting for him despite staying up the previous night to read through all the books. It had taken her awhile, but she managed to get through most of them and had spent most of the night/morning in the library after her restriction was lifted. Most of the books remained back there with the ones she used out in case she wanted to reference back to them. Next to Razor's plate was a list of notes she had taken throughout the night. Most were writing down characteristics of her friend from the larger to the smaller. A few pages had diagrams of the different species while others broke down the previous information further. It was clear she did her homework.

Lia just sat waiting for her lord to appear. She dared not look for food before he showed or even try to eat. She just sat there waiting, trying to stay awake until he showed.