Antarsia
[M] Until Silence Is Broken - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Katakarthia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [M] Until Silence Is Broken (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Andromeda - 12-27-2016

She bowed to the girl and trotted down the hallway to forfil the request. She was gone for about another hour before sound entered the tunnel once more. Then a massive sound was heard rolling down the tunnel as a large moveable table appeared. On top was a big pot of stew, and about six loaves of bread. She had made sure the girl had enough to eat. "If I fed you any less Razor might throw a fit... He doesn't know how much girls eat cause he tends to eat a lot cause of all the magic he uses daily," she explained.

She carefully used magic to spread out a blanket and then to gently glide all the food over with air magic. "Just as you requested. It is beef stew with vegetables and some rice in the smaller pot. We also have bread just for you."

RE: Until Silence Is Broken - Achera - 12-27-2016

Her ears perked up as she heard sounds down the hall once more but it didn't sound like a person. Soon enough she heard the girl though. Lia poked her head out from the bed to see the massive spread of food that she had brought. The smell wafted through the air, making the girl's stomach grumble. It all smelled so good and the bread.. She didn't need to be told it was just made. Lia jumped out from under the bed with her tail wagging in excitement. It was the only good thing she had seen all day considering. 

"Thank you so much," she said as she walked over to the table. She jumped up onto her hind legs and rested her paws on the table. Her tail still wagged behind her. She didn't know where to start, but then she remembered her predicament and her tail instantly stopped wagging and her ears fell back. She was still stuck in here... She slowly slid off the table and plopped down onto the ground just to stare at everything. Food didn't make it better. Lia fixed her eyes once more on the girl. Her ears pressed back more and off to the side a bit showing she was nervous.

"Um... Mind sharing a meal with me?"

"Uhm... It would be improper. Razor asked for this meal to be specifically for you," she said looking wary at the girl. She could tell she wanted some company but had no idea how to do this without making a bit deal of it or getting in trouble. She didn't want to get in trouble, but at the same time she wanted to help the girl. She just wasn't sure how. "How about... I sit here and watch you eat?" 

It was the best solution she could come up with. She wanted to give the girl some comfort if she could. She sat down and smiled motioning for the girl to enjoy her meal. "So... what have you been doing all day?"

"Okay..." Lia replied hiding the pain in her voice. She didn't want to push her luck and get the girl in trouble. Her ears still remained back though showing she was upset but she tried to ignore it. She jumped up into a seat and shifted back to her human form to join the girl. The least she could do was be civilized if she was going out of her way to join her. Lia fixed herself a bowl and picked up a loaf of bread to dip into the soup. 

"I've been fighting with Razor, isn't that obvious," she replied with a tilt of her head. Hadn't that been obvious? This was why she had to bring her, her meal and a table to her room and why her room was so... unorganized. She dipped her bread into the soup and started to eat a bit to calm herself. Thank the gods for this. "Before I was looking at some of the books you brought in earlier and taking notes... That was really it."

"So nothing really fun then," she asked watching her eat. "How about clothes...do you have enough or do you need me to fetch you some from town?" It was a simple question. She wanted to know if Lia was happy or needed anything that she could no longer get for herself cause of her current predicament. Not that it was her fault, but it still limited her greatly to what she could accomplish. 

She smiled watching her eat. Seemed she was hungry after all. "The Master had also requested that I assists you in your work and get you anything you need. It seems he believes you are a child in the manner that you cannot do anything on your own. "

Lia happily ate her food and easily cleared out a bowl and one of the loaves of bread. She filled her bowl back up and took more bread to eat. She didn't realize how hungry she had been. She looked up at the girl and tilted her head once more unsure if there was a hidden agenda there. There was no harm though so far. The girl didn't pose a threat to her so far. "...Would you mind fetching some? I thought I could go out and pick some up later but considering... this..." She trailed off and went back to eating. She hated it already. Why was she stuck here?

But soon enough she almost choked on her food at the girl's words. "ME? A CHILD?? He was the one sitting upside down in his chair and wanted me to entertain HIM when I had work to do!" She was screaming again. How did this get turned on her? Her temper came back out and she growled to herself as she just tried to eat. The girl didn't deserve to be yelled at by her. She was just a middle person in this mess. With a sigh and a calmer demeanor, she looked back at the girl with a softer face. "I'm sorry... He gets me mad easily..."

The servant smiled watching her. These two kind of acting a like with their temper. Both... had well flares or sparks of emotions that were set off and seemed a bit on the extreme side. She just smiled politely and nodded towards her. "Well it seems you get under his skin as well. It's been a while since he's' actively tried to understand anyone. It's amusing to see him attempt this again...The last time he had a friend.. well I don't exactly even recall when he bothered to keep another's company like he's trying to do with you."

She nodded seriously. She was trying to remember. He did have a friend a long time ago but she didn't remember his name. It was just so long ago. What was it... about fourteen thousand years since anyone even mentioned it? She hadn't been alive during then.. but she had heard the stories and even those evaded her now.

The girl settled back into her seat as she watched the other. So Razor seriously was this bad with dealing with people. She didn't believe it but this girl was confirming it. He had no idea what a friend was because it had been so long and as far as she could tell, he didn't like being challenged. How was she supposed to get through to him though? She was trying and then he limited her, but they had no trust in one another and that was what it came down to. 

Lia sighed as she played with her food a bit. "He's actually this clueless? And we're not friends... He's made that very clear it won't happen so I'm not too sure what you're expecting from me. I don't know the first thing about him he's made it clear I'm supposed to stay here so what am I supposed to do? Why even me?" She had no idea why. He let her speak to him as an equal for awhile, fetched items for her, and let her stay here but why? He protested through it all but he still let it happen until now. That didn't make sense to her.

The girl looked at her with pity in her eyes. It was clear she was use to seeing people treated worst by Razor, but she was well aware of the lack of emotion or sympathy he had for people. It was astounding that he even managed to keep servants, but he tended to know better then to treat them too poorly. Perhaps part of him knew he needed him and that was why they of all people got the lead bit of trouble from him. He even allowed them to have part of his meals he never finished instead of fighting for meals. They always had clothes and well taken care of. None of them knew harm from him, unless they betrayed him. They were probably the closet thing he had to family besides his son... Even the servants avoided the son.. He was just unnatural. A being so cursed that the world shunned him.

She brought herself back to the task at hand. "Well you see, he was muttering something to me and the others about you leaving. He doesn't like that. He doesn't want you to leave. I think... Now I could be wrong, but judging by his reaction he doesn't want you to leave," she told her. "He just doesn't know how to ask... So instead he did the only thing he knew to do and it was rash and very cruel of him. I apologize, but he does enjoy your company. It was why he took the day off... To see what you do in your daily life."

Lia looked at the girl even more confused than before, if it was possible. She had no idea he had taken the day off to spend with her. He just lingered and kept commenting when she tried to do work. Was this all just a misunderstanding at this point? She didn't think he actually enjoyed her company, but this girl knew him better than she ever did. She wanted to leave because he wouldn't let her to begin with just to step out. She wasn't used to it down here...

The girl paused for a moment and moved away to go grab the paper and ink she had brought before. Lia brought it back to the table and quickly started writing a note to Razor. She wrote for a couple of minutes, saying nothing to the other who had kept her company. When she was done, she folded it over and slipped it past the wards to the girl. "Mind giving him that for me?" She looked at her with a faint smile. She still kept horrible about this situation, but maybe it was an misunderstanding. Maybe they could get on like they had before.... this.