Menu

Announcements

The Mega Update™ is here! We've been working on this for months now, and have a lot of surprises for you all! Check it out HERE! (May 16, 2019)

Happy 1st Birthday Antarsia! What better way to celebrate than with a newsletter full of updates? All of this and more can be found HERE. (January 08, 2018)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Point of A Pen is but a Sword

King Fury Offline

Threads: 30
Find
Thread Status: Closed
Players involved: King, Andromeda
Characters involved: Balthoron (King), Roma (Andromeda)
Setting: Madefactus Lake, Sleibte
Time: Current, just before noon.
Weather: Warm and Sunny.

Balthoron really hated this lake.

It was a combination of everything he absolutely hated. It was frozen cold, even in the steady sunlight. Plants and animals barely visited, so his nature powers were nearly useless. Not that the lack of anything had stopped some crazy necromancer from resurrecting a bunch of corpses to cause trouble. Which was another thing to hate.

He was watching from the water's edge, looking for the corpses that he knew were hiding under the ice. They'd attacked more than one group of travelers coming to get water, and even the dragons were annoyed. Not enough to do it themselves, apparently, but he didn't question why they hired him instead of doing it themselves. He had to destroy the corpses before they could do more to taint the water.

He crouched low, reaching out with his senses to try and locate the bodies.

There.

He leapt forward, out onto the ice. Almost instantly, the ice cracked as the dead clawed their way out to get at him. A good ambush, if it had been anyone else. Instead, Bal flashed back to the shore, leaving the dead clawing at empty air. A seed in his hand sprouted into a bow, and he began firing arrows of light at the corpses, baiting them away from the water.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 72
Find
A dragoness watched from a bit away in human form. It was amusing to watch this kind of thing for her. Her.... lover...or was it mate.. she wasn't sure how far long he'd call himself to her, was a bit tied up at the moment and she wanted entertainment. She pulled her hood back from her white hair as she went closer towards the man. "You see to be trying at least," her voice amused. "They said they called in someone but really it's a meager task..."

With that the top of the ice begun to glow. She decided to help him out. Light magic was easy for her. "So how much are you getting for this little...bounty or trip if you will. I assure you...dragons are hoarders. We don't tend to like to pay." Her slitted eyes watched him. They were a bit  cold. Her clothing of high regard for her status. She shouldn't have been there.

King Fury Offline

Find
Balthoron frowned. At least they were close enough. He drew out a sword and took a half step forward. As soon as his foot came up, he vanished in a blur of light. The flash appeared around the undead, and all of them fell, carved open by Balthoron's blade. He appeared in the middle of the dead, sheathing his blade again. "I had it handled. And to answer your question, both the dragons and the dwarves are offering a reasonable sum."

He walked back over to the water's edge. "Even if the dragons don't pay, the dwarves will." He crossed his arms, looking at her. "What about you? What are you doing out here?"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"I am out here because I want to be and I don't answer to anyone especially not to you," she said. Her silver eyes bright as she watched him. He seemed so assure of himself. She growled to him softly. "I don't know why you think the dwarves will pay you. What if both sides dont? I mean they could just be asses about it and say it was the other's problem not theirs." 

The dragon was debating what to do. She was mostly bored. "I came because I had nothing better to do. My other half is busy... So I came to entertain myself. If he wasn't busy he may have tagged along or not..."

King Fury Offline

Find
"It's very simple. If they don't pay us, we take jobs against them next time. Mercenaries that have earned a name for themselves have a reputation for being able to deal with these kinds of issues. And someone like me is the last kind of person any leader wants against them. I'm too effective as an assassin." To demonstrate, he teleported a little ways away. "And there's also the fact that neither side knows I took a contract from the other as well. The dwarves think the only contract I took is with them." He chuckled.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"You see I'm half tempted to call your bluff," she said smiling at him. Eyes cold. "I know if you tried to go against dragons it would be bad... very bad. Especially since our first king is breathing...and much more active lately I can assure you. However for the sake of simplicity I do not want to get into trouble to day... Not that kind of trouble. He wouldn't let me live it down for years." Humor was there... Yeah he wouldn't..she knew he was a tease. 

Roma was watching. She was careful not to get to close to him.... Then again..part of her also wanted to eat him... That was another story. "So what is your name...?"

King Fury Offline

Find
"You can call me Balthoron. If you've been paying attention to the rumors coming out of Xira, you've probably heard of my mercenaries. I know we already have a reputation for only accepting the best into our ranks." He shrugged and sat down next to a tree. Bal pulled a bag of food around from the other side of the tree. "Since you made it easy for me today, I'll be happy to share my lunch."

He opened it up, revealing several cuts of venison and a few sweet buns.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"I don't really ever go there...."

She walked over to him. She hadn't been to Xira before and really not out of court much at all. Her life was pretty steady for the most part. "The only time I leave court is to take care of things... Things we don't talk about. Things that may get a bit...messy or if I need to punish a traitor at times for my adopted father or family. I don't really leave court otherwise. It is very easy to stay there in the house of Starstream," she informed him as she sat beside him and took a piece of meat not really caring for the buns. She was a dragon after all. 

Her white hair was loose today. She was just dressed causal, still formal, but casual for her life at court. "Didn't know mercenaries were a real thing to be honest.... outside of like a group owned by a king."

King Fury Offline

Find
Bal smiled. "Honestly, it's a lot of fun. Get a lot of freedom, and have a real team to fall back on if things go wrong. We look out for each other, and it can be rather interesting. I'm only on this op because the request was for speed. Usually, my missions are more interesting." He took one of the buns and bit into it. "You should check it out sometime."

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"Check it out... How does one do that," she asked watching him. She was hungry but he didn't have near enough food to satisfy a dragon. That would take much more then he had to offer that was for sure. "How can I check out that group...? Also I have my own support group. They are good to me."

She blinked at him watching him. He hadn't asked her name. Interesting.