Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Command and Control

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Drink the potion.

It wasn't a request, it was an order, and not one that she could refuse. With a resigned sigh, the reached out and took the bottle in her hand, uncorking it and downing the Lunaria in one fell swoop. Her face screwed in distaste as she forced down the cold, bitter potion. Gods, what a foul taste. She felt the potion trying to come back up, but again she forced herself to keep it down. It was then that Charlie made a mental note to never, ever drink this again. She was quick to set the empty bottle aside, and was immediately glad she was sitting as her limbs became tingly.

"I don't have an answer to your question, Auntie," she answered truthfully. "It's not something I've given much thought to it." Charlie shook her head dismissively. Apparently she had another thing to think of. Great, who knew her training would involve a lot of self reflection (something she dreaded). "Thank you for your wisdom, and for granting my request. I have much to think on..."

But Z'laenna's comments had left her curious. Leaning back against Romule, stroking his fur--had he always felt so soft?--she asked her aunt, "So what manner of suitor requests have you gotten for me already?" She raised her brows, eyes twinkling mischievously. "I mean, I'll gladly respond to requests, but I'm very curious now. Who'd you turn down?" The potion was taking its effect now, and Charlie was feeling...rather like a wet noodle. She was thankful for Romule's support, lest she start flailing her arms about and giggling over how particularly floppy they were. The air felt a bit soupy, and there were sheep in her head? Yes, that was a perfect way to describe it.

She gave a light chuckle for no discernible reason.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Threads: 33
Find
Z'laenna chuckled slightly at Charlie's state. Romule had clearly poisoned her with a relaxant, given how she was suddenly cheery and calm. "The first request came from a noble house here. I've known the family for a long time, and the particular suitor is a respected individual. Unfortunately for him, he's already in a union, and a rather happy one from what I've been told. I suspect he merely wants to use you to gain access to the Royal family."

She tapped her fingers together, trying to recall details. "The second and third were both from demons who had left our lands long ago. One was from a merchant in Seliel, while the other was a thief from Malseka. Apparently both were under the impressions that a marriage into the War Royal family would be good for business. So foolish of them, and not even offering anything worthwhile in return."

She scoffed. "This is something you will come to learn. There are far too many individuals who think they can just get things without giving in return. They think of nothing but themselves, failing to put their families or kingdoms first, and the result is always the same. They may rise for a short ways, but in the end, things fall apart for them soon enough."

Romule relaxed, no longer concerned about Z'laenna's presence, and letting himself enjoy the petting he was receiving from Charlie. He looked up at her with one eye, the other closed in bliss. 'I wonder how long it will take her to regain her senses. Oh well, at least I can explain this away easily enough. She got stuck in one of Z'laenna's lectures, and she's a little out of it.'

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"And he had the nerve to ask for my hand?" Charlie gaped, eyes wide. At the other two, she dismissed with a hand wave. "Sound judgement, Auntie, and much appreciated. The nerve of some people." It was very difficult to get her thoughts out, her mind full of sheep and fog, and her tone was light and airy. There was so much to process about what Z'laenna had said. Thinking nothing of their families and only of themselves... Perhaps that was her problem? She needed to be a little more selfish?

She let her mind wander to her potential mates, and again her mind wandered to Kurai. While he had a son, he was unmarried. While one night was hardly anything to go by, not to mention it was completely inane to even consider such a thing. She was just riding whatever high she was on, be it the post sex bliss or the effects of the Lunaria. Was the potion supposed to be this strong? Was it supposed to make her skin feel tingly and her limbs like noodles?

"It's nice to be able to talk with you like this, Auntie," she purred into Romule's fur, her eyes half closed. She combed her fingers through his fur, which felt extra plush. He was like a toy. A giant, fuzzy toy capable of murder, and it was perfect! She arched her back as she held her arms above her head, stretching as she yawned. "We haven't really talked much in...a while? I miss it." Were she in her right mind, surely she'd regret such a statement, but as she was now, riding on a cloud, she felt quite lovely.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
"You may not be my daughter, but you are kin. I'll admit I had hoped you would have taken more initiative for yourself in life, but I was content to let you spend your time as you wished. I preferred leaving you to decide things in your own course, but that option has been taken from us. Since it is gone, we can only work with what we have. Which reminds me, you need to learn how to do more than follow. Once you are done here today, come to the throne room. We need to begin your instruction on other matters of state you've not learned about in the past." Z'laenna stood up, clearly preparing herself to leave.

Romule just watched them, not entirely trusting Z'laenna. She was the queen, and she was well in her rights to do all of this, but at the same time, he just wasn't sure. He mentally poked Vioroll to find out how far away the man was.

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
Take more initiative. What was that supposed to mean? Had she not done enough? Had her childhood--or lack thereof--not been enough? Her mind, enveloped in the fog of both the venom and the Lunaria, wandered. She'd spent her childhood training under her father. She didn't have many memories of anything but training. She had to be perfect to impress her father. To impress the others training under him. It was never enough.

She was never enough.

Had it not been for Romule's venom, she would have panicked again. Not being perfect, not being enough, failure in the eyes of her family...they were her greatest fears. Fears made more real with every passing day. It was hard to resist giving in, to keep herself afloat amidst a churning sea of fear and self doubt. Perhaps her aunt disliked her gardening and sewing? Not that she had much time for either, and certainly not after today. Or had her slaughter of the dragon general, Pherae, been her last great accomplishment? Could it even be considered an accomplishment if it had been expected of her? Victory in war. She was a war princess. It was expected.

"Yes, of course, Auntie," she replied, her voice distant and soft. Everything was foggy and heavy; even her eyelids drooped. More training. She'd have to learn the art of the political dance, and it was all Charlie could do to hope her mind would be clear by then.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Z'laenna got the answer she was looking for, so she turned and strode out of the temple. Just a moment later, Vioroll returned to take in the sight of his daughter drugged out of her mind. "What." He was honestly confused for a few moments, standing there with his mouth gaping until Romule prodded him mentally.

He closed his mouth and moved to sit down, setting a bundle of something sweet smelling in front of her. "You should eat. We can continue once you have had food."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"I'm not hungry," Charlie replied softly. The sweet smell was overwhelming, and made her feel rather nauseous. She waved her hand dismissively and sighed, "Auntie gave me Lunaria, and I'm feeling rather ill from the effects."

Her father didn't need to know about her panic; her weakness. She didn't need another reason for him to be disappointed in her. "I'm sorry."

With another sigh, Charlie took the parcel from her lap and stood up. She stared at it for a moment or two before wrapping it in her scarf. Charlie could eat later, when she was deserving of rest. "Let's continue," she said firmly.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Vioroll nodded. "We can begin immediately, then. So tell me, what do you desire? You must understand that your desires are greater than those of anyone else. Those you use your power against will have their desires subverted. Their dreams and goals mean nothing under your power. You must understand that you are more important than them."

He closed his eyes for a moment. "For animals, this is easy. Animals are irrelevant. Their wills are nothing. Z'laenna treats people as puppets, so taking their will is easy for her. We will see what you can do, soon enough." His eyes opened, and focused on Romule.

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
What she...desired?

Well that was something rather unexpected. Charlie's eyes widened at the question as her father's words sank in, and another wave of anxiety washed over her. She had to think of herself as being above others, but how was she supposed to do that when her entire life she was simply taught to follow orders and to be the perfect little soldier?

"I don't know," she admitted, glancing away; too ashamed to meet her father's gaze. "It's not something I've ever thought about before."

She felt sick again, but fought the urge to sit down.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Vioroll shook his head slightly. "Give it thought. Subjugating the will of another requires you to place your own will above theirs. While discipline is a possible method for this, you must also have a goal in mind. Justifications can make this easier, especially for someone who has more of a conscience."

He seemed to be distracted for a moment. "Your mo- we were concerned that you would take too much after me. I'm glad to say that you don't appear to have done so too badly."

He coughed. "Take time to figure out why you want to learn our magic. What you desire. If there's anything you'd like to ask, I'll be here."