Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Woodland Wanderabout

Rogue Offline

Kit Kat

Threads: 8
Find
Thread Status: CLOSED
Players involved: Rogue, Kokopuffs
Characters involved: Naren (Rogue); Akeme (Kokopuffs)
Setting: Sondaryn Forest, near Oslark
Time: Current, around midday
Weather: Balmy summer temperatures, with a few wispy clouds but not much to fear. The forest is particularly lush.

Naren was broke, and hungry. Sure, he could go off into the forest and find some edible plants, but it took no small amount of effort, and he had become accustomed to eating delicious, varied food. Not whatever he could root out the ground and char over a fire. That would take hours of effort harvesting, preparing and cooking, which wouldn't really satisfy his current aching for something hot. A little morsel of pastry perhaps, with cheese and sweet tomatoes.
His mouth watered at the very thought of it. 

However, the forest road barely offered more than spiked rocks underfoot and unripe fruits hanging from the trees that bent down overhead. Not a delicious meal. Perhaps give it another half a season, and then things would be starting to look more promising... Perhaps when he passed back this way again come the autumn there would be better pickings. But again, it didn't satisfy his current cravings. There were too many birds around as well, tiny little ball-shaped things that flitted between the branches above and shouted obscenities at one another. They'd have the best of the fruit before he could get at it, especially if he wasn't hanging around the area. No, it was useless trying to find anything himself here. Anything edible would have gone to the forest creatures as soon as it appeared- and if they hadn't had it, no doubt travellers previous to himself would have taken the ripe pickings. He grumbled to himself and hoped that the road led somewhere soon, where he could beg some lunch off a tradesman or inn in return for a song or two. Perhaps three, if they had something tasty with cheese involved.

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
It just to happened, going withing the same direction of the other, a small woman was making her way towards the nearest city of Oslark. This was a usual thing for her to be doing, as when her small crops were ready to be sold it was the closest place to be doing so. The people there were rather nice, though of course there were the ones that were not alright with outsiders. Akeme, however, really didn't mind this at all; taking it with stride rather well actually. She'd made many acquaintances when she would go there, every couple of weeks or so, but not too often. Winter was the time of year she didn't do much traveling. The colder temperatures making it quite hard to get anywhere, and keeping warm was always the hardest thing to do. Spring and summer were her favorite times honestly, though Autumn was not so bad. The changing of the leaves were rather nice, she had to admit that.

Akeme did notice another traveling the same direction, though curious to see a man roaming around on his own; let alone this far away from the city. She walked along side a small horse, not so large but not tiny either; just perfect enough for such a small woman like herself to have at her side. One could only imagine a woman of only five feet in height trying to even try to get up on a horse that was much taller; only to have her struggle as if he life depended on it. She did not mind walking beside the small mare, who gave a light huff as the two walked closer. "Hello?" she called out towards the other curiously, "you you lost? You seem like you may be lost. Is there anyway I could help you?" Akeme waited for the man's answer, hopefully she spoke loud enough for him to hear her soft voice.

Rogue Offline

Kit Kat

Find
Caught up in his own thoughts, it took a moment for Naren to respond to the quiet voice behind him- he did hear it quite clearly however. He paused and craned around to see the petite woman not far behind, dressed perhaps a little inappropriately for such dense forest. If she wasn't dressed for the woods, then that was a good sign for what Naren was looking for.
"Why hello! Au contraire, I am not lost if this road leads to a settlement. Which I presume, it must, otherwise what is the point of it?" He gestured down the tree-lined road. "And if a fine lady like yourself is using such a path, then my assumption must be correct." A slow smile crept over his face, and he waited for her to pull alongside with her horse before continuing to walk, a little slower now. She wouldn't be able to keep up with his long-legged pace. 
"I take it the path is quite a bearable length?" He hoped so at least. Naren's eyes roamed quickly over the woman's cart before returning to her face, disappointed that it had a cloth slung over the top and hiding anything underneath. Perhaps she would have food hidden in there somewhere.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Akeme leaned a little to the side, eyes peering down the long, tree-lined road ahead of them; then she stood herself back up straight and smiled at the man. She was quite relieved in knowing that he wasn't lost at all, though he certainly looked to be as someone who didn't quite know where he was heading in the first place. A small hand was place upon the mare beside her, gently stroking at the creature's neck softly. "Well I am certainly glad you have no found yourself lost in the least, though I must say you do look rather tired. Have you been traveling long?" she raised a curious brow towards the man, "it is not as long as it might seem, though I do live around here in this forest so it does not bother me when traveling back and forth. I've only started my little journey not too long ago." 

Which certainly was the truth, as she did not live far from where the two of them where currently within the forest. Which is why she was dressed the way she was, that, and it was the way she enjoyed dressing as well. It kept herself covered nicely, keeping her from gaining any burns from the sun or bites from surrounding bugs. Besides, what sort of lady would she be the dress any less so? It was well enough that the village she was heading towards was not far away either, this man looked like he needed rest and possibly food as well. Something she would not mind proving for the man if he would allow her to do so.

Rogue Offline

Kit Kat

Find
"Tired? Why, how rude." Naren seemed to bristle at the thought, one hand going to his hips and looking across at the woman with an indignant air. "I am quite perfectly fine." There was hardly a trace of a glower however, and he barely portrayed the aura of irritation before falling back into the same lazy smile as before. 
"It has been a while. But the world is so full of things to be seen! Why turn back to familiar turf when there are new adventures on proceeding?" New things to see, new people to meet, new foods to eat, new songs to compose. Naren had taken well to the life of a travelling bard. Although there were always a few unpleasant moments or days, there was always compensations eventually. 

"Speaking of journeys and travels; where might it be that we are headed? I have simply been following this road for... oh, it seems like days on end." An exaggeration; it could not have been more than two, but Naren always preferred urban fabric to the emptiness of forests. There was only so far one could go in one's own company before longing for another's.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The small woman raised a small brow towards the man, though words like that would usually come off as someone being quite offended; it didn't really have that air about them. As soon as he was done speaking he had returned to a lazy smile, causing the woman to let out a soft chuckle due to it. "There is nothing wrong with being tired, it happens to everyone if they travel often. I wouldn't quite know about it unfortunately, I'm not much of an adventurer myself," she let out a light, but content sigh, "that's quite fine with me, I must say, I don't believe I would do very well with traveling myself anyhow." 

Akeme gently leaned her head against the cheek of the much larger animal, of whom gave her a very friendly nudge at that. "Oh, well there is a small village not to far away from the forest, around the edge of the dessert but near enough to the greenery not to worry about the heat," she gave a light nod of her head as she spoke, "days? Then I surely can't just believe that you are not tired at all from your travels, sir. You must be quite hungry as well, yes? Perhaps when we get to the village I can treat you to something to eat." The small Kelahati was always very trusting when it came to others, something she'd picked up when she was a child. No matter who or what, she treated them with every ounce of kindness and generosity she had in her small body. What kind of person would see be if she didn't? Someone who wasn't so trusting and naive perhaps.

Rogue Offline

Kit Kat

Find
No, she didn’t seem like the type to take to travelling, Naren mused. Much more a shy villager; the elf was surprised she was even talking to him, a stranger in the woods. But, a sweet one at that. Pleasant enough company for a few hours, then as easily forgotten as the path beneath their feet. Anyone less than flamboyant rarely caught Naren’s attention.
“Well, travelling is not for everyone. It is quite the particular way of life.” He shrugged, accepting that much. But to never have left the region one was born in… how closeted.

“Hmm… Perhaps I am a little off course from where I originally was headed. Oslark? I was led to believe it was a little more than a ‘small village’.” With any luck it would be a satellite village, and he could find the larger town without difficulty. “I am a little fatigued, it is true. More so, if I find myself further from my destination than I had hoped.” He allowed disappointment to show on his face, as the kelahati began to take sympathy on him. “And rather more fatigued in pocket. The life of a bard is funded somewhat from song to song, and apparently the South funds little for professions of even my calibre.”

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The small woman nodded her head lightly, listening to the words he had to speak. She could only imagine the kind of life someone would lead if they traveled, though perhaps one day she'd at least like to adventure more into Sleibte; even if it was only to one of the other major cities in this continent. "I can only imagine what it would be like as someone who has to travel," she sighed softly, "I can't stand the idea of having no home to go to. No place as sort of an anchor I suppose, a place to relax even if one were to be traveling again. So, I think I'll just leave traveling to those who can handle such a thing, and only travel to places I need to be going instead." 

Akeme looked up towards him with a friendly smile, a trusting one at that, something she was use to doing all her life no matter who the person she was speaking with was. It was a kind gesture, and everyone deserved the basic kindness others could offer. "Oh? You are headed to Oslark then? I've never been there myself, I feel as if I would become lost in quite a place like that," she placed a small hand over his chest and sighed, "but the village I am going to is close enough to Olark, perhaps about a thirty minute walked there from it." Yes, she was certainly starting to take sympathy with the man, feeling his disappointment and such as if it was her own.

Her face showed the worry her words did not speak too soon, though that was certainly to change once she spoke again. "I am sorry for your situation, my good sir, if there is anything I can do to help you please tell me," her brows furrowed softly as a light frown came to her face, "I can only imagine was it would be like to be little on money with no food to keep yourself nourished. I can even lead you to Oslark once I am done within the smaller village if you like.. and if you find yourself back this way from there I offer you a place to stay as well. Only if you wish though." 

This was certainly not the first time she'd offered such things to someone, and probably not the first time she'd had her kindness taken advantage of either. She could only hope that he wasn't one to do such a thing. If he was, it didn't matter to her, as long as she could help someone who needed it it was all alright with her.

Rogue Offline

Kit Kat

Find
The lack of home was a thought that hadn't crossed Naren's mind for quite some while; he had become so used to travelling with only what was on his back, it was a rather foreign thought to have more than what could fit on his person. Of course, he did have a hometown back in Katakarthia, but it had got to the point in his life where the thought of the place was more of a burden than a comfort.
"I understand. It is not a lifestyle that appeals to all; it is one that eventually you accustom yourself ton however. I have my instruments as an anchor, I dare-say." He patted the strap of his music case, the heaviest thing he lugged all up and down the country. Without those, yes, he could see himself feeling a little more lost.

"I can cope with an extra half-an-hour of walking. It is not so far, even on tired feet. But I am surprised that you have not attempted the journey yourself; you have a pony, if it is too hard for you?" His inflections turned the sentence into a question, more out of politeness than curiosity. He couldn't help but think it a little dull, not to have ventured hardly past the garden fence. But, he was on to a winner here, with the many offers that poured from the little woman's lips. Foolish, to offend so quickly and shut those off. After all, he did need lunch. So instead, he decided to pour on the gratitude. It was only light manipulation, that didn't even require magic.
"Such a kind-hearted soul you are, and to a stranger who has not even had the courtesy to introduce himself properly! Naren, a humble bard." He swept low in a bow, one hand braced against his instrument box and his other flourishing wide. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, and a regret that I do not find myself in better situation, so as to not seem quite so..." Desperate was not the word he wanted to use; he had not quite hit that point in time yet. "Destitute." 
Not that that was much better. But, it represented what he needed the word to.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The small woman let out a soft sigh, though she didn't mind the way he talked, it was certainly something she had become quite use to when she helped others. Sometimes, she was taken advantage of, it happens; then they would act so kind before hand to make sure she would still provide them with things they wanted, or even needed really. It was alright, she did not mind helping others, whether their intentions after were good or not. Akeme was always glad they caused her no physical harm in the end. "Maybe before we end up parting ways, you could play for me? Only if you would want," she smiled up to the man kindly, "I do not hear music often, it would be nice honestly."

"I... like the smaller villages really, less hustle and bustle really. With any luck I could end up lost within a place any bigger than a small village, which I would really not want to do," the little deer woman gently pat the side of the horse's face, "besides, I already make this poor darling drag my cart around. Making them walk further with it? I can't bring myself to do something like that. Even if I wanted to." This man was use to travel, and she, not so much. So what would it really matter anyway? Everyone lived their lives as they pleased, some possibly similar to others. If she had a travel companion, it would be different perhaps. Yet, seeing as she lived alone, she was at peace with staying close to home.

Oh, of course, introductions! How could she just so easily let that slide by. Rude in every sense of the word really, she could even feel herself becoming embarrassed about it as well. Akeme stopped herself for a moment to allow this all the happen, the horse stopping in it's tracks as well. "I feel so ashamed for not introducing myself before. It is nice to meet you, Naren, I am Akeme," a sweet smile graced her lips, "though, you've no need to try and be nice to me. You wouldn't be the first I help on their way, and you surely wouldn't be the last. I've become.. use to others using me for things, like you are now. Yet, I'm alright with it. As long as I am able to help someone, it makes me feel accomplished in a way. All deserve kindness in their lives, no matter who they may be."

The small woman bowed before him as well, before standing up straight once again. "So please, don't treat me any different than you might treat someone else who, well, isn't treating you to a mean and directions," the woman giggled softly.