Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Wish You Were Beer

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Celestine

The woman listened to his question and everything else he had to say tied to it, though honestly she didn't just make her way to Sleibte just to see him. Then again, she did go through all the effort to actually find him to she COULD see him; whether or not he was doing something on his own. She shrugged her shoulders and glanced away for a moment, kind of unsure how to actually answer the question to be honest. Celestine did have a reason she was all the way in Sleibte, kind of like he had his reason for being here as well beside going from pub to pub drinking like a dehydrated cow. With a light sigh her eyes glanced back over to him, another shrug coming to her shoulders. Why the fuck was she shrugging so much? Just answer the big idiot already. "I initially came here to visit the family, my mother wanted to see me," she placed her head into her hand, "It got pretty boring just sitting around at home, the I remember you mentioning you were coming out this way. Getting away from all those admirers you seem to gain everywhere you go. So I went looking for you early this morning, it took forever to find you. Searched every city and village I could. Until I came here that is, where you are now. Pubs for days, so I figured it'd be the one place you'd actually be."

Which it really ended up being. If she hadn't found him here she more than likely would have given up half way through her little adventure; why was he such a hard man to find? Well, honestly it's because he always was hiding from people who deeply admired him. Always getting away from those he'd bedded with and didn't want much of anything else from. People who loved his looks and the way he talked, the way he just was all together. It was no wonder he had quite the following behind him and everywhere he went. Celestine was probably the only constant companion he had in his life, more than likely because she kept herself from being charmed by him. Otherwise, at least she felt so, he'd avoid her as well in no time flat. Which was something she really didn't want. Zo was the one person she could always count on to be there, even if she had to find him really. 

"What are you even going to be doing when you're done with your little pub crawl? Though honestly I probably already know the answer, there isn't any way you won't be leaving without breaking a heart or two of any of the lads or maids around here," she sighed softly, it was very true though, "I suppose I can at least join you in the drinking part, might as well really." Celestine turned herself a bit to wave down of the the lads, or even one of the maids as well to bring her a drink. Something strong enough just to relax her really. She'd had a long ass day finding this dork of a man and even though she found him she couldn't even relax herself enough. 

gabriel Offline

Threads: 12
Find
Even after all this time, her assumptions about him varied little from the ones other people held of him. Sometimes he made it hard for her to find him simply to punish her, sometimes to show her that her tracking skills needed brushing up. After all, he was rather conspicuous, easy to spot in a crowd, often boisterous and lackadaisical. However, he was also the Silver Hound, and if he wanted to skulk, he would skulk and if he didn't want to be found, then he wouldn't be found. However, she was right. He'd come to this town simply to drink his ass off at all these pubs and have a good time. 

He smirked, a tad bitter, at her assumption about his next move. There was a fair bit of evidence supporting her theory, so he couldn't blame her, but she really had this one-sided view of him. It was almost like she forgot who taught her the essentials of being an Iyarai. Gods knew it wasn't her mother, wonderful woman that she was. Celestine's mother had always had different plans for her, and the brutal style of fighting that Zo employed had never been seen as something elegant enough for an Iyarai Tarsian to use, much the less the beautiful daughter of a popular Iyarai. 

"Actually I was gonna disappear inna th'mountains after this. All the people're actually rubbin' raw on m'nerves."

His disappearances weren't clever blending into society, they were the unbridled freedom of the wilderness and his complete surrender to it. He could disappear for months and be within mere miles of a town and no one would know.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

Assumptions sometimes were all she really had to go on, it wasn't as if she was all to wrong about them; most of the time he would find himself in the beds of others having had quite the physical night with them. Hell, he'd even do the same during the day if someone REALLY wanted to get into those pants of his. The woman tilted her head from side to side for a moment, just trying to loosen herself up just a little bit if anything; though soon enough so found a drink placed in front of her. With her hand she grabbed it and down that hatch it went, gulping at the liquid until she had to come up for air. "Into the mountains, huh? I guess that means I probably won't see you for a while then," she spoke softly, "that's a shame." 

Celestine actually did mean for it as a shame, since she'd never really admit it, but whenever he wasn't around she always found herself missing the big dork. Sure, perhaps she did have a one sided view, but there were things about him she never really learned until she had gotten older; when she was old enough to learn about the good ol' birds and the bees that is. Even so, she'd never abandon him just based on things like that. He had his vices, the things he enjoyed doing the most, but he was still a very strong man at that. It really would be a shame if he left and she was never able to find him again. 

She had never forgotten anything he'd ever done for her, even the things after what happened to her arm. He'd always been there, even in the worst of times. It wasn't even hard for her to notice little things in his mannerisms as well, that smirk he had upon his face was rather.. bitter in a way. As if what she assumed had gotten to him somehow, though maybe she was wrong about that. Either way, it was still strange of a thing to see upon his face. The face that was always cheerful and happy. That is unless he was angry, by the gods if he had gotten angry over something.

"I know I'm not the most pleasant to be with, but I hope that doesn't make you uncomfortable with me," eyes gazed up to him once again, locking onto his much more exotic ones, "I do enjoy your company though, you're one of the only people that can stand me honestly. Though I suppose my parents are too, but they don't really count, they are my parents after all. They are suppose to love me." With a shrug of her shoulders she looked away and took another drink from her cup; though this one wasn't as much as the flirt. More like a sip really, but still.

Her parents were nice, as any parent could be anyway; her mother was a very elegant woman, strong in her own ways. Her father a bright man, strong like many men of the Tarsian kind. Their ways of doing things were much different from her own, though she learn a little from each of them; but Zo was the major factor in teaching her all she needed to know. Kind of like an older brother honestly, but she never really saw him as such. She didn't really know herself how she viewed the big guy really; like she wasn't even sure how someone should. A lot of people viewed him in different ways, many of those in a very longing manner; sort of like many of the lads and maids walking around here. They could flirt once she was done with him though, otherwise they'd have to wait their turn.

gabriel Offline

Find
And just like that, the bitter smirk was gone, replaced by a genuine smile. He leaned forward and tweaked her nose, very much reminded of the demanding little girl he'd had to teach many many things. 

"Oh they are s'posed t'love ye are they? Well I'll keep that in mind th'next time." 

She was naive in some ways. After all, although she'd suffered such a grievous wound and a great blow to her self image and confidence, she had always been loved. He didn't think she knew what a blessing that was, or maybe she did. It wasn't bad for her to be a little ignorant in that regard. A second generation Tarsian like her... she didn't know what it was like to just come into the world, remembering a childhood but really having no one, being trained by the older ones, set on a path and just released, like an arrow. Zo had no real parents among the Iyarai, and really that meant he had no one to "have to love him unconditionally". He was warmly received, most of the time, by most of the Iyarai. Generally he was thought of as a little odd. His coloring, for one, his size, for another, and his completely cold to hot transitive temper marked him as not quite the same. Granted, he still had the tattoos, and the loyalty to the clan. 

"Why don't y'come with? Runnin' aroun' th'mountain s'a real relaxin' experience. If only fer a little while. I think ye'd enjoy nature and solitude. It'd be like th'old days, jess you an' me." 

His pale eyes seemed brighter, the blue ringing his pupil the only way to track the movement of his eyes, which scanned the room and pinned a maid. He held up a hand gestured with two fingers. Another round. 

If Cel couldn't tell, he was not interested in companionship of the warm and soft kind at the moment. He was also sobering up frighteningly fast.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

At the feeling of her nose being tweaked, she scrunched up her face a little bit, brows furrowing up at him as well. Delicate fingers went up to her face now, giving her nose a little bit of a rub. What the hell was that for anyway? Something she said that caused it? Well, yeah, probably that exact thing really; but damn! "Well I mean.. not all parents love their kids you know," she frowned a little bit, "it's not like they don't have a choice in the matter, I suppose it's nice to have parents that do LOVE me. That doesn't mean someone can't find love somewhere else you know, it comes in all forms, shapes, and sizes." 

A truer statement couldn't have been said really. Just because someone didn't have the change to have unconditional love from a parent, didn't mean others weren't meant to love them. Maybe Zo didn't have that kind of love, but that didn't mean there weren't people who did love him. At herself for example, though she sucked a showing it, she did care and love for the man. Yet, she herself wasn't even sure the kind of love she had for him at this time; it was something she'd always felt for him as long as she'd been alive so far. Always having been there when she was born, when she received her first tattoo, when she felt into a depression loosing her arm. Yeah, to say the least she did love the man, even if at this point it was just for friendship. Hell, though a bad example, he left many broken hearts wherever he went; so surely he was doing something to gain the odd love from people. 

"What?" she lowered her cup down, though there really wasn't much left in it now, "you want me to go with you? Well.. it does sound rather nice. It's been a while since it has just been me and you together. Not gonna lie though, it sounds like a really good idea." Celestine stopped speaking for a moment to think about the offer. Would she rather go back home and be with her parents the rest of the night? Or go with Zo to the mountains and possibly actually enjoy herself. When thinking of the two options, only one of them sounded really good. Some quality time with Zo alone was something she always enjoyed. No worries of anyone else around, the perfect thing really.

"You know what, yeah, I'll go with you~" she gave him a very genuine smile, "spending time with you is always better than anything else. Especially if we aren't in such a crowded place like here. It's a hell of a lot more relaxing away from so many people at that."

gabriel Offline

Find
"Perfect, wunnerful." 

He paused, then let out quite an impressive belch. There was a shout of approval somewhere near the bar, and chuckles nearest the tables around them. 

"Let's get going then. I'm sorta done here."

He rose, and like a plant unfurling from its seed, he stretched tall, dominating the room with both his size and his height. There were taller men, sure, especially where Tarsians were concerned, but he was a big guy. One could easily stack two Celeste's on top of each other, and then another three all around and they'd all be able to hide unseen behind him. 

Coins clanked on the table as he counted out his debt, and a little bit of a tip. For a man that did a bunch of odd jobs, he always seemed to have some coin. Granted, a man like Zo was either a target for the ambitious, or left well enough alone. 

"C'mon Cel. First I gotta p-- uh. Answer a calla nature, then we c'n get to gettin."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

Celestine kind of just leaned to the side away from him, a bit of a cringe of her face just hearing what had just come out of him. Though some did seem quite impressed, that shout coming from near the bar and the chuckles of others around; she.. wasn't so much impressed. Not that she'd never heard something like that come from him before, but damn, it was always surprising when it happened. "Sorta done? How can someone be SORT of done?" she she rolled her eyes teasingly as she herself got up from her seat, "I'm glad we are going though, I've spent enough time here and more than I am comfortable with at that." Unlike him, she wasn't the tallest in the world, like most Tarsians would be; but she had always been a bit smaller than other Tarsians in the community. Being a second generation Tarsian was certainly interesting, she could only imagine what coming from nowhere into the world was even like. Though honestly she didn't even want to imagine such a thing in the first place.

Just as she was about to turn and leave the pub, Zo spoke up, in a very interesting way at that. That wasn't unusual, it was just the words he decided to use at the moment really. "Zo, you don't need to censor yourself, I am not a child you know," she gave him a light nudge, and a soft but playful glare, "go take care of your business, I'll wait for you outside until you are done. I'm quite done with smelling the booze in here anyway, so I will see you outside." 

The smaller Tarsian made her way around the table and towards the door of the Pub, allowing herself to open it up and exit the building. As she did, the soft breeze caught her face, bringing the the light smell of impending rain onto her senses. That would be interesting, walking around in the rain. Wouldn't be the worst weather she'd found herself in, snowstorms were quite horrid as well in certain times of the year. One could really catch their death if not prepared for those times. Oh well, what was a little rain anyway? As long as it did not pour harshly onto the earth all would be quite alright. The rain brought nourishment to the plant life around them, water to those who needed it to survive; not to mention, it felt great against the warmth of the skin. 

gabriel Offline

Find
Zo was not long, exiting the pub in short order. The rowdiness of the crowd followed him out, a distinct combination of shouts and singing and laughter cut off suddenly by the closed door. 

Despite having had enough drink to put down three bulls, he was steady, and the stink of alcohol was less of a miasma. It was impossible to think it, but perhaps he was sobering up. 

"C'mon. B'fore somebody comes lookin fer me." 

He led the way, heedless of the weather or the threat of rain. His long, loping gait carried him away from the bar in seconds. He was already around the next corner, and stopped only so Celeste could catch up. In the semi-darkness of the street, the blue around his irises glowed, casting his pale features in electric blue. 

"D'ye need any supplies?" 

Despite the question, he started walking again, heading this way and that, waiting for an answer. He knew the town well, despite "only" having come for the pubs. He might have been there for more than a week, and was ready to leave.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

Anyone could probably hear the commotion going one behind Zo as he left the pub. She was quite glad it all stopped after the door was closed behind him, they didn't need that rowdy crowed trying to follow them out the door; she had enough of that for one evening and so did Zo apparently. "Alright, I'm right behind you," she spoke quickly, for as soon as she said so the tall man was already making his way down the streets. He was much faster on his feet just by walking, her shorter legs having a bit of a hard time keeping up with his longer strides. There was not doubt he was really trying to get out of this place, despite having been her for this day; right?

"Huh? OH! UH..." she fell silent for a moment, only to have the man continue walking again, "there isn't really anything I can think of off the top of my head. So.. I suppose the answer to that would have to be no, Zo. ALSO... would you slow down just a little bit, it's hard enough to keep up with you reguarly." 

The smaller Tarsian was definitely doing her best trying to keep up with him, but she kept falling behind a few feet or so; damn he was in quite the hurry. Another thing that she found strange, was how he so easily seemed to navigate around the town like he'd been here for a while; longer than just enjoying his time at the pubs like the rowdy man he was. Celestine would really enjoying him slowing the pace just a little, or at least carrying her if he was in that much of a hurry. 

gabriel Offline

Find
Zo stopped abruptly once again and waited for her to catch up. He was standing at the base of a wall. It was a few feet up, nothing too high, just big enough to keep the wildlife out. If he jumped and stretched his arms, he'd be able to catch the lip of the wall, and pull himself over. It was exactly his thinking, because as soon as Celeste stopped to ask another question or-- more likely --to catch her breath, he squatted, shimmying to get a better look at his target before springing up, arms raised to catch the top of the wall. He made it look effortless, pulling himself atop the wall, and looking down at her. 

Crouched atop it, Zo looked much like the wild animals the townsfolk wanted out. His hair, barely bound, obscured his face, and his eyes flashed that electric blue. Altogether he looked eerie, hunched the way he was so high up. 

He flattened himself, and stuck an arm down for Celeste to catch so he could haul her up. 

They could have left by the front gate, but it was not in Zo's design to leave in a way where people could see. He wanted to vanish. 

The transition from chatty Zo to silent escaping Zo was startling.