Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Wish You Were Beer

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Thread Status:(open/closed)
Players involved: Gabriel, KokoPuffs
Characters involved: Celestine, Sarizzo
Setting: Random Pub in Estosa City
Time: Current, early evening
Weather: Cool, Cloudy, and a slight chance of rain.

Celestine

There was a cool breeze that started to take over the surrounding area, a tall figure was heading into the city; one thing on her mind at the time. How could one be this unlucky to find herself traveling in such cloudy weather? The smell of potential rain was filling the air, threatening to drench anything that did not have shelter from the moisture it brought. It wasn't as if she hated rain, but no one enjoyed finding themselves stuck in it, that was something she could be certain about; unless someone did enjoy it, but they were more than likely mad. A soft sigh escaped her lips now, her body stopping just as she entered into the city. This was to be a rather hard task to find what she was looking for, though she hadn't really seen him all day. She spent quite a bit of time searching pubs in neighboring places before finding herself in this certain city. It was a human established and lived area, though good for her she was human in appearance anyway. Unlike a certain someone, she looked more human than he did; his colors stood out way too much to blend in. That, and he was god awful tall as well. There was no way she'd ever find herself loosing that numskull in a crowd of people.

How many pubs where in this city anyway? Probably more than she'd like to try counting. If she knew him as well as she though, a pub is the exact place he'd be. He enjoyed drinking and it was a good way to flirt with the locals. Unless you were a child or elderly, no one was safe from his rather loose actions. Though it was not something she harshly judged the man for, everyone had their vices in life, his was just enjoying sleeping around. Species didn't matter, as long as they were at least humanoid in shape. The search continued now, checking almost every pub she seemed to back by; eyes looking for the tallest, most interesting looking man in each. No luck so far, so she moved along. 

Pub after pub, she searched and searched. How man damn pubs where in the city? These people must love the drink to their heart's content, or until they died of alcohol poisoning. After she was almost about to give up, she looked into one more pub; a particular voice caught her attention. As she looked around she spotted the big idiot, drinking and more than likely sauced as all hell; surrounded by people, men and women alike as he talk and talked. One thing was certain, he was always in the best of moods when drunk off  his ass. Celestine moved her way around and through people who stood around, talking and drinking with their friends; until she finally made her way over to Zo. A stern look was plastered onto her face, a frown as she was just grumpy from having to look so hard for him.

"Do you know how hard it was to find you?" she looked down at the tall man, hand set upon her waist, "you couldn't have made it easier on me? I swear to god if I didn't know you I wouldn't have been able to find you at all. Good thing you're loud when you're drunk though. That doesn't really change the fact how many pubs I had to look in though!"

gabriel Offline

Threads: 12
Find
Zo was having the time of his life. There was a thing called a pub crawl, and it was some kind of town event where a bunch of people got together and literally tried to drink at every pub in the city. Zo could not have said no to such an activity if his life depended on it-- and there were so many pubs! It was almost as if this city were made specifically for his personal enjoyment. By the time the group, minus the few who dropped out due to lack of constitution, rolled into the last pub, they were raucous, rowdy and raunchy. The owner, having expected them, received them like the heroes they were, and set his maids and lads on them, gathering coin and taking orders, and filling laps for sweeter prices. 

The big man was the center of a lot of activity, and not a little commotion. What with his unusual appearance, and fashion, his easy manner and booming laugh, he'd drawn more maids and lads than most, and more than a few hangers on from the crawl. He was telling some story when Celestine spotted him, and punctuated it by pulling a maid into his lap, already populated by a lad. She laughed, swatting at him playfully with her dishrag, and settled back against him, crossing her dainty ankles. The lad was perched on his other thigh, a hand braced against his massive shoulder, smiling wide and waiting for the culmination of his story. 

But drunk as he was, Zo was infinitely easy to distract, and one such distraction came in the form of light-hearted berating by a certain Tarsian woman. 

"Cel! Now now, y'can't go blamin' me!" 

He gave the maid and the lad a little pat to their rear, the universal sign to "scoot". They rose with just the slightest aw of disappointment and scurried off to their duties. His hangers on, sensing that Zo was going to be a bit dull for a while, snuck back to their tables (and their pitchers). 

"This city is A-mazin! There's SO many pubs. They had this thing called a pub crawl an' its basically what it sounds like. Best fun I've had in years." 

He gestured for her to take a seat at his table, moving over to make room for her. "Howzit been wit' you?"

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

The center of attention was probably something Zo was very use to being, which is a place Celestine herself, hating being with every fiber of her damn soul. All these people practically HUNG all over the man, from the lads to the woman; he was a charming man she had to give him that, but she'd gotten so use to him that it never really worked on her no matter how hard he seemed to try. The bastard. The Tarsian rolled her eyes at him, her hand setting gently upon her hip; body leaning towards one side in a bit of an annoyed stance. "You say that I can't, but I do believe I'm going to go ahead and blame you anyway," she let a sigh out of iritation, "please don't let me interrupt your fun, your ass seems to be having quite the good time with all these people."

Once again she gave her eyes another roll in his direction, those of his lap were soon gone and all those around him, listening to him speak were making their way back to their own tables. How lovely when someone gets into doing something else that's less entertaining flock away, the bunch of parasites. Celestine listened to him speak again, though she now moved to the other side of the table where he made a spot for her to sit by him. She would have been alright just sitting across from him, but he seemed to enjoy it when she sat right next to him instead. "I wouldn't call it A-mazing when someone's trying to look for you," she groaned, "this place must have a problem with alcohol poisoning if you ask me, though I'm sure with business of Pubs being so booming they must prosper with alcoholics.. LIKE YOU~"

Celestine turned her face to look up at him, smiled a little, then turned back to her usual expression. "Eh, the usual really, nothing to do and no one to do anything with," the woman held her head in her hand as she leaned on the table, "so of course I came looking for you. You're an idiot but at least you're nice to be around.. I guess."

"Besides drinking like a damn fool, Zo, how has it been with you?" She meant that in the nicest way possible, maybe, it's still up for debate.

gabriel Offline

Find
Aw poor Cel, she was always so uptight, keeping her feelings so densely packed in the tiny box she allotted for it. Why, she moved with such grace, but Zo didn't know how she didn't hop and jerk like a puppet on a string with the way she was. Still, he had nothing but unadulterated adoration for her. She had been a sweet girl, and the loss of her arm had only given her a hard shell to hide behind, nothing more. As a young lady, she happened to be rather judgmental and more than a little bit of a wet blanket, but Zo could have a good time in almost any kind of situation, even with Cel's disapproving stare. 

His grin only widened and he neared her, his beer-breath washing over her. 

"Ye'd solve all yer issues if ye had a lil roll in th' hay with a decent partner." He held out one hand. "Something to do." He held out the other. "Someone to do something with." 

He laughed at the look on her face and ordered another pitcher for his table, also ordering some food. He encouraged Cel to get something for herself, what with all the running around she'd just done. When the order was squared away and the pitcher brought to their table by an eager lad making goo-goo eyes at him, Zo turned his attention back to Cel. 

"Been traveling, here an' there. Doin' work, gen'rally takin' it easy. Y'don't really 'preciate my stories, so I won' bore ye."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

The woman gave a hard squint of her eyes up at the man, the smell of his breath just cascading over her as if he would pouring booze right into her face; making her face cringe at just the smell of it all. "Damn, Zo, you smell like ALL the pubs you've been to today," she took her hand and waved it in front of her face, "next time give a woman some warning before you get up in near her smelling like that. Shit..." Celestine turned her head away to give a little cough, though it wasn't as if she'd never smelled him this way before. It was never pleasant, ever.

"Is everything in life to you easy to solve with sex?" she raised a brow, "I don't think any of my issues can be solved with just 'rolling in the hay with a decent partner'. Sounds like hay where I don't want it and a decent partner sounds hard as hell to find anyway.... you think I have issues?" Her question wasn't one that had a laden background of sarcasm to it, she was actually curious to know why he thought she had issues. 

Did she have issues? That was probably a hard question to answer really, she saw nothing wrong with the way she acted but then again.. she was use to herself this way. It'd been too long since the woman was the way of her youth; so bright eyes and cheerful, possibly one of the sweetest kids most could meet. Loosing her arm was what caused the change in her. She blamed herself for it each day after it happened, her mind divulging in sorrow and hatred for herself. If she had more self control back then, perhaps she'd still have her arm to this day; maybe she'd even be happier with life at that. No, it wasn't how any of that went though. Her uptight attitude and feelings she kept closed were the result of it all. She'd be weak if she allowed her feelings to emerge like they wanted it. Weak was something she didn't want to be, and she surely didn't want to be seen as weak either. 

Zo was probably one of the only people that could actually stand her for the way she was, and she was thankful for it; even if she'd never say so. A heavy sigh escaped her lungs, she too did order something, as the man encouraged her to do so. She did deserve it after going from place to place looking for him, the drunken buffoon.

"It's not that I don't appriciate your stories, just some details I'd rather you keep out of them," she furrowed her brows and sighed, having noticed the lad making goo-goo eyes at zo. That was something usual and a look she'd come quite use to people giving the tall man.

"I swear, every where you go you end up with new admirers," she ran her hand through her hair, accidentally knocking the tie out of it, "ah shit.." Celestine grabbed for the tie, as it had landed on the floor, and quickly as she could tried to tie it back once again. 

gabriel Offline

Find
Zo snorted. "Most problems can be solved with blowin' off steam. Fer me that happens to be havin' a good time, and a good time is often a lad in one arm, and a lass in the other." At her question, the big man decided that then was the time to stuff his face, and did so with gusto. He always had a ravenous appetite, and could eat enough for a company of men. It wasn't like he wanted to tell her that she had issues, they both knew she had issues, but he was reluctant to go picking at her. After all, she had reasons for her issues, and it wasn't right to make her feel like she was strange for reacting the way she was. Granted, her pent up emotions and general hatred of all things fun was going to bite her in the ass, but Zo preferred to be the man she sought out when she wanted company. If he started poking at her faults, she'd avoid him for sure. 

He barked a laugh, thankfully having swallowed a mouthful of food and leaned back. 

"Now now, stories are meant to be told in detail. I cannae jess tell a story widdout tellin it true."  

Carefully he leaned forward and helped Cel gather her hair so she could wind the tie around it. He was sure she had a way to do this by herself, but he couldn't help but help her. He'd always put her hair up for her when she was younger. "Please, lass. It's jess me bein' personable. It helps they find me attractive. Y'might have blinders on, an' refuse to see it that way, but apparently I'm a looker." 

He chuckled and dug back into his food when her hair was secured.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

Once again, like many, many times before, Celestine just kind of rolled her eyes at the man; he was probably use to it by now, and expected it at that. "You seem to blow off steam quite often though, Zo, though you did get rid of your lad and your lass before having me sit by you. So if by your standards, you must not be having all that fun are you? You could have sent me on my way and continued your story tell with all your little... pub buddies here~ Yet, here I am, sitting by you because you were so gracious to give me this spot. Unless you want to bore me until I leave, right?" she raised a brow curiously, his own logic seemed a little flawed because of this fact. Unless he knew he'd be having less fun in the first place when he realized she'd shown up, the giant prick. The woman scoffed, and yet here she was, sitting beside him anyway; either she was really bored or just enjoyed his company. Either way, no point in just leaving now. 

Zo avoided her question, there was no doubt about that, no man chows down that fast if he wasn't. She glanced away from him, she might as well join in on eating at least. Gain a bit more of the energy back she lost looking for him, at least it was something she could do while she was sitting here at least. "I don't know, I'm sure you can tell a story and leave a few 'juicy' detail out of it," air quotes, the bane of her existence, "besides, I'm sure everyone else here was enjoying the stories of yours, don't let me ruin that for ya.." 

In some ways she did feel bad about how she was when it came to her personality these days. Zo was so much more open and happy than she was, so full of life and she, to put it bluntly, was a bit of a bore compared to him. She was thankful he did, at least somewhat, enjoy her company that is; compared to others that is. She'd always been thankful for Zo, she'd known her ever since she was born, or so she'd been told at least. Always so kind and caring, even if she treated him like he was stupid. Celestine knew he wasn't, but that never changed the way she talked to him either. Even just allowing him to help with her hair brought back some memories of him putting up her hair when she was younger. It was something that made her smile a bit to herself, out of the watchful eye of Zo at least.

"I've never said anything about you not being attractive, but I don't see how they can hang around with someone who smells like an entire pub," that was probably wrong to say, he'd probably think to hard about that, "I suppose someone has to find you good enough to get into bed with. Though by the look of most in here.. they don't have much to choose from~" Her eyes glanced up to him for a moment once she was done securing her hair, though her lips didn't change expression; the look in her eyes was teasing and joking in a way. 

gabriel Offline

Find
Zo burst out laughing, pounding the table. The drinks sloshed, the cutlery rattled, and more than a few heads turned. There were tears in his eyes when he managed to recover himself and he rubbed them away. 

"Ye've got t'be the prickliest woman I know." 

And he didn't mind that. There wasn't any shame or guilt laced into his words, nothing to make her feel bad for it. Zo figured it was a quirk of hers, to verbally assault the one person she sought to be around (him). Without people to talk to, she just kept all her words inside, and when she was around him, she let them out all in a rush, a waterfall, an avalanche, a tropical storm of words assailing him. It was just a good thing he was so genial and a tiny bit sloshed. The food was doing its job, helping him sober up. That and his metabolism. 

He leaned forward, and gestured conspiratorially with her, looking over his shoulder to see if there was going to be a serving lad or lass passing by. When there wasn't he lowered his head so he could murmur to her. 

"So ye think I'm attractive then, do ye?" 

He leaned back, laughing again, both arms wrapped around his middle.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Celestine

Celestine was a lot more use to these kinds of reactions from him, other people though, surely seemed pretty taken back by the whole thing. Blue eyes scanned to room for a moment, a scowl on her face as she gazed upon all the those who turned to look; quite a few of them turned themselves back around. Good, keep yourselves in your own business, no need for them to look over here; losers. "I may be, but you still like me anyway," she shrugged her shoulders lightly, "which is why I can assume you don't mind hanging around me, so it's all good to me~" 

The woman sighed softly, her elbow placed gently onto the table as she rest her head into her hand. She sat this way for a moment probably, before sitting herself up and turning to Zo. She kinda of just stared at him for a moment, just an opposite personality from him. In a way they kind of balanced each other out. Strange thing honestly, but she always felt it that way ever since she had lost her arm. All the joy sucked out of her because of it. What she wouldn't give to go back and tell herself that it would all be ok. That young little Tarsian, broken and beaten. A sigh escaped her lips now as she went to eating a bit more. Zo had been there for her, before and after it all; she'd always wanted to tell him how grateful she was for it but could never find the words. 

She furrowed her brow curiously, soon allowing herself to lean in close to the man beside her. It would be an understatement to say she wasn't confused as fuck. Though, she soon found out what it is he wanted to say. It caused her eyes to grow wide for a moment, a little blush on her face, then her eyes squinted into another scowl; but this time it was for his stupid ass. "Haha, so fucking funny," she shoved him a little and looked away, "even if I did you should find yourself lucky IF I did. I never said anything about me thinking you were attractive, I had just made the mistake of saying that I never said you weren't attractive." 

God this was embarrassing, she shouldn't have said anything like that, she should have known the kind of reaction he'd have to it. Maybe there was some truth behind it, he was a very exotic looking man. Stood out among a crowd of people like a sore thumb and he held himself high as well. Always so approachable and likable as well, fucking hell; the asshole. Here she was though, spending time with him like always, something she'd grown fond of doing. Something she'd AlWAYS been fond of doing for that matter. It didn't matter how rash or harsh she was to him, because it never detoured him away from her. Probably the only person in the world not detoured by how she was. One day she hoped to change, somehow, then perhaps she could feel better about just... everything. That time wasn't coming anytime soon though, there was no doubt in her mind about that. 

gabriel Offline

Find
He nodded along with her, as if what she said really made any sense. Zo didn't need her approval to know that he was attractive. He basically slept his way across Sleibte. His height, his strength, his exotic coloration and his general good looks weakened knees all over. However, he was about as prideful as a potato. Someone who constantly had something to prove might have bristled at her confused refusal to admit his charm. Zo, on the other hand, was not only confident, but content with his lot. He'd seen many years, as a Tarsian, and had had a lot of time to come to terms with himself and his likes and dislikes. He knew his weaknesses, knew his strengths, and some things did not need defense, ie his looks. 

"In the anycase," (not a word at all Zo, gods!) "what where y'doin' here in Sleibte? Last we met was in Xira, an' I tol' you I was comin' up t'Sleibte t'create some distance a'tween me an' a few ardent admirers." 

Somewhere along the line, he'd adopted a very rural way of speaking, dropping vowels and whole parts of words, while creating new words. He was not unintelligent, and assuming so because of his accent was a grave mistake. Sometimes, when pressed, he could drop all pretenses and speak in the harsh, clipped accent he'd developed amongst the Iyarai. But Zo was not only relaxed, but damn near vacationing. He could talk how he liked.