Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

tortricidae Offline

Threads: 15
Find
Magnus frowned a little. "We try to keep most of the settlements in working order, especially settlements in the mountainside. If you've never seen one, that's troubling news."

As they passed over the threshold and out of sight, Killian created sterilized flasks using a bit of sand picked from the cobbled bridge and refined arcane magic. It was a nifty spell he'd been working on for eons and had countless uses. He grazed the flasks in different parts of the ward, coaxing the tattered edges into the containers  then porting them into the only place he could keep his things: the cupboard in his tiny room.

Right, the dining hall. Killian chuffed in annoyance and funneled more magic into the ward to force the hole closed. He was drained, but at least the ward was fixed. He'd rather go and study the samples he collected and attempt to add the self regeneration to the ward than sit and listen to Magnus lie to this idiot. But, alas, he sank into the shadows and slipped through the halls until he was in Magnus's shadow once more.

The irony was palpable.

"The ward is fixed."

Magnus only nodded. Her attention was all on Damien.

"I'd love to give you a tour. You might even like it here, Damien. We have a rich history with some of the greatest scholars and mages of our time. It's just way too much to go into now. Food and water first."

The dining hall was a massive room with impossibly high ceilings and drifting balls of light hanging over a number of patrons, who despite shoveling food into their mouths, were furiously reading or writing as they did so. Some with magic, some with two hands moving independently of each other. There was dull conversations going on in different corners of the hall, but it was relatively boisterous in the larger groups of mages eating together.

"Are you averse to meat or have any sort of dietary restrictions?" Magnus asked.

"Magnus, stop ignoring me."

"Killian, I need to focus. Is Spooler here?"

Killian wandered the halls, peeking into each room instantaneously through the shadows. He knew the college like the back of his hand, so his silence to Magnus was quick. By the time he'd returned, she had a glass of water for Damien and had guided him to a seat with a comfortable amount of space between them and everyone else.

Without prompting, Killian slipped into the seat across from Magnus and Damien and kept his attention on Magnus, lips in a firm scowl and eyes narrowed.

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

"Like I said before, missus, I avoid towns and the likes..." Damien was tired of repeating himself. It was hard to keep himself upright, and when a seat was offered to him in the dining hall--well away from everyone else--he was quick to take it, nearly slumping over onto the table itself. "Meat, please," he mumbled. "Don't get to eat it much 'cause I'm garbage at hunting. Don't like killin' things."

Were the bags under his eyes bigger? They felt heavier. Were they?

He felt Belial shift into a smaller form to take a eat on his shoulder. It was oddly comforting?

Guzzling the water he was given, Damien took note of Killian's presence--particularly the scowl he wore. "Hey, Killian was it? Can you not scowl so loudly? S'givin' me a headache." What was this dude's problem? Damien had come to the college like he'd been asked to, hadn't raised his voice, even went through that accursed ward that had made him feel like he'd been hit over the head with a branch. Repeatedly. In the head. A lot.

The elf rubbed his temples. Sleep would be good, when he'd get it. "Do ya got anymore questions for us?"

"It'd be wise to ask them before Damien here passes out," Belial added from his perch.

tortricidae Offline

Threads: 15
Find
Killian remained calm, his face stony and his demeanor chilled. He would have to be respectful. Still, he lamented bitterly.

"Contrary to popular belief, not everything is about you," he replied. There was a subtle venom in his words, and he was close to baring his teeth. And while that was not a threatening gesture as a person, if he had been in his other form, he would have looked uncharacteristically savage. "I am allowed to be peeved by things unrelated to you and your irrelevant issues."

Magnus took that as her cue - yet again - and shooed Killian away. Killian hesitated for a moment before disappearing, but not without knocking all the glasses on the table over with a tiny pulse of magic. Magnus would deal with him later.

"He's a cat," Magnus said quickly. "They get like that sometimes. All our conversations and touring and paperwork can be done tomorrow! After you've had a chance to sleep properly. You look exhausted and if I recall, I was interrupting your latest attempt at some shut eye. How about we reconvene for all that fun stuff after breakfast tomorrow morning?"

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

The toppling of each glass was agonizing. Cat or not, Killian didn't have to be a complete ass. There was such a thing as decorum, and had Damien the faculties, he'd have torn the asshole a new one.

But that was neither here nor there, as the elf was left with his hands over his ears and a ringing in his head. As soon as he was feeling better, Damien was out of here. These mages were crazy! Help or no help, it wasn't worth being treated like a criminal or insulted at every turn. His stomach turned, and the elf looked positively green.

"Y'know, missus, I think I'll pass on dinner and just go to bed. Sorry fer all the trouble. I'll git outta yer hair once I'm feelin' better and leave your precious city alone. Nothin's worth all this, not even figurn' out what went wrong."

Not that he needed to figure out what had gone wrong. The answer was simple: everything. He was bad luck, and this college left an even worse taste in his mouth. Or maybe it was the fast that he felt like he was going to throw up.

"If you'll please lead the way..."

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт