Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Tavern Night

CommanderHorvat Offline

Threads: 14
Find
Thread Status: Open
Players involved: Horvat, AcetheWolf
Characters involved: Drustan Waldhar, Nebula, Tatarus
Setting: Seliel City, Xira
Time: Sunset
Weather: Light drizzle.

In the oldest, hidden parts of the city one can find an old turquoise and jade door engraved with tableaus of long forgotten figures of yore. Behind these door lies a tavern older than the shrines. On this evening, like many, a figure stands behind the bar of this humble establishment, playing Hnefatafl by himself as he awaits a customer.

He moves a small jade figure so is flanks a tall turquoise figure with a golden crown. "Damn, the defender won." He mutters as he rests the board to play again. The light of the fire place seeming to cast many shadows, but not his.

Acethewolf Offline

Kit

Threads: 6
Find
Wet it had been a while since he had seen rain let alone been in a city still he figured it was time to find an actual home now that he had a traveling companion though he would be keeping his dragon form hidden from the citizens of this city knowing full well a wild dragon would cause unwanted attention and a panic plus he wasn't about to put himself or miu in danger even more so considering she was blind and small. 

Soon however he spotted a tavern some place people went to drink sleep and eat or so he had heard even as he walked up and placed a hand on the door opening it and upon entering looked around the tarvern finding it odd that it was so empty before taking a seat in the back eyes scanning the place until he saw a human or at least he thought the other was human as he seemed to be translucent perhaps he a ghost of some sorts which would not have surprised him.

Still he waited for a drink regardless of this beings species knowing he would have to check this place out before bringing miu here somewhat glad she was blind as he had no idea how she would react to a ghost.

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
As he entered, the spectral figure behind the bar perked up before moving over to him. This somewhat translucent human seeming to be in his early thirties smiled before placing a tankered filled with beer on the table. 
"It isn't often that someone finds an entry way to this place, tho given the day I assume you are here to talk to one of my rare re-occurring customers? Now then, there anythin else ah can help you with? Oh, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Drustan Waldhar, proprietor of this humble establishment." As the door swung open he turned and raised his arms. "Ah! Now 'ere she is. I think this gentlemen wishes to speak with you, your majesty."

The figure he was speeking with was a Sandrian dressed in flowing robes that seemed to be sticted from the night sky itself, her skin cracked around a pair of milky white eyes. When she spoke, it was like wind chimes. As she reached out to 'see' the room, she saw a Vitka of aggression. "I don't think so, as there are easier means to do so. That said, I must as the two headed wolverine which head thinks and what form does the vitka house itself in? Thank you Drustan, for introducing me."

Acethewolf Offline

Kit

Find
(04-06-2020, 01:12 PM)CommanderHorvat Wrote: As he entered, the spectral figure behind the bar perked up before moving over to him. This somewhat translucent human seeming to be in his early thirties smiled before placing a tankered filled with beer on the table. 
"It isn't often that someone finds an entry way to this place, tho given the day I assume you are here to talk to one of my rare re-occurring customers? Now then, there anythin else ah can help you with? Oh, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Drustan Waldhar, proprietor of this humble establishment." As the door swung open he turned and raised his arms. "Ah! Now 'ere she is. I think this gentlemen wishes to speak with you, your majesty."

The figure he was speeking with was a Sandrian dressed in flowing robes that seemed to be sticted from the night sky itself, her skin cracked around a pair of milky white eyes. When she spoke, it was like wind chimes. As she reached out to 'see' the room, she saw a Vitka of aggression. "I don't think so, as there are easier means to do so. That said, I must as the two headed wolverine which head thinks and what form does the vitka house itself in? Thank you Drustan, for introducing me."

Tartarus listened to the other speak and give him his name and just as he was about to do the same the door opened and in came what seemed to be the night sky or at least a female with robes that displayed as much his eyes turning back to Drustan as he called her majesty making him raise an brow and cock his head wondering what that would mean to him as he had never been around royalty before let alone knew how to act before he took his drink and took a sip.

Whoever this woman was he didn't know her and as far as he knew didn't need to his gaze turning back to Drustan hand extending out gold coins towards the ghostly figure. 'A room for 2 I have a guest coming and she'll need a seperate bed if you would be so kind." The dragon said before turning all his attention back to his drink as it did taste good but he wondered what it was made out of but it he would find out later he was sure of that much.

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
Drustan nods and takes the gold which seem to dip slightly into his hand before rising to the appropriate height. "The rooms are up the stairs in the back, tho they havent been used in a good bit, so Imma just go n' make sure they are up ta snuff." As he left the new arrival sat down at the table and turned her ear towards Tartarus as she spoke.

"I don't believe we have ever met. Where did you find the entry to this place?" While her eyes gave the impression of someone very distant, she seemed to peer right into Tartarus, seeing into the fabric of his being. "I try to revel in the learning of others unique insights, if you would be so kind as to humor me." All her movements had a measure of caution or grace to them, it wasn't clear which.

Acethewolf Offline

Kit

Find
(04-10-2020, 01:07 PM)CommanderHorvat Wrote: Drustan nods and takes the gold which seem to dip slightly into his hand before rising to the appropriate height. "The rooms are up the stairs in the back, tho they havent been used in a good bit, so Imma just go n' make sure they are up ta snuff." As he left the new arrival sat down at the table and turned her ear towards Tartarus as she spoke.

"I don't believe we have ever met. Where did you find the entry to this place?" While her eyes gave the impression of someone very distant, she seemed to peer right into Tartarus, seeing into the fabric of his being. "I try to revel in the learning of others unique insights, if you would be so kind as to humor me." All her movements had a measure of caution or grace to them, it wasn't clear which.

Tartarus nodded before raised an eyebrow even as he placed his drink down a neutral look on his face purple eyes stared back at her before he spoke up to answer her question. "Found it by chance needed someplace discrete to keep a traveling companion safe from anyone who might try and do her harm is all. She'll be arriving soon with a bit of luck." 

He told her before scanning her making his own opinion of the other before him wondering if he should call her my some royal title. Then again he didn't know her so perhaps he would wait and see how this would play out. For now however he would keep an eye on her at least until he knew if she wad trust worthy or not at the very least.

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Arriving soon she certainly did, though a little hard on her part of course. The earth and air around her was wet with the rain; making catching Tartarus' scent a bit harder than normal. Usually it would more than stick out in her senses, but now it was almost more than muddled with the smells around her. Though, she did enjoy the smell of rain, she always had, but out here it made things harder on the poor blind girl. Even if the rain was only a drizzle, thank the gods.

Eventually she picked up his scent, pulling her closer and closer to the strange door; one she would never have assumed was any different than any other door around. Her hands were gently placed where they needed to be, as she soon allowed herself to open it. The air inside was much more concentrated in his scent, causing her to smile softly as her small head peeked inside. There was, another scent though? Unfamiliar, it made her nervous if only for a moment.

"Hello?" she called out into the bar, "you're here, right Tartarus?"

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
As the door opened to reveal a soft Vitka, twitchy with nerves that calmed upon recognizing it's companion only to spark up again, Nebula turned her ear towards the new arrival. A grin spreading across her face. It was rare for there to be so many patrons of this establishment, rarer still for them all to be of the same species. 

"If that is this two headed fellow's name, then it is a fitting one. You needn't fear any harm coming to you here, the owner does not take kindly to anyone putting his establishment at risk."
Were she in her natural form, her tail would be destroying the tavern, instead she began to tap her thumb against the table. She had two individuals to talk to and none of her duties as Monarch could interrupt their conversation. This was going to be a fun evening.

"I must apologize if I don't look at you when I speak, my eyes are simply an aesthetic conceit. I hope you forgive my forwardness, it isn't often I get to speak with dragons from other kingdoms outside of my official role."

Acethewolf Offline

Kit

Find
(04-20-2020, 02:44 PM)CommanderHorvat Wrote: As the door opened to reveal a soft Vitka, twitchy with nerves that calmed upon recognizing it's companion only to spark up again, Nebula turned her ear towards the new arrival. A grin spreading across her face. It was rare for there to be so many patrons of this establishment, rarer still for them all to be of the same species. 

"If that is this two headed fellow's name, then it is a fitting one. You needn't fear any harm coming to you here, the owner does not take kindly to anyone putting his establishment at risk."
Were she in her natural form, her tail would be destroying the tavern, instead she began to tap her thumb against the table. She had two individuals to talk to and none of her duties as Monarch could interrupt their conversation. This was going to be a fun evening.

"I must apologize if I don't look at you when I speak, my eyes are simply an aesthetic conceit. I hope you forgive my forwardness, it isn't often I get to speak with dragons from other kingdoms outside of my official role."

Two headed? How did she know that he thought his eyes now locked on her wondering who exactly this woman was but still he kept quiet before getting up and moving towards Miu took her hand in his and moved both of them upstairs only taking a quick glance at the woman before he and Miu were out of view from anyone downstairs and moving to his room sat Miu down before looking around making sure the room would be safe for her before he sat at the side of his bed and turned to the younger dragon. "I hope you found this place safely we'll stay here for a bit till I can find us a home and if not well I have plenty of gold to last a while." He said before laying his back down and looking up at the celling smirking slightly as this room was nice but he was use to his dragon form in a huge cave but he would get use to it as his daughter was with him now and he would do anything he could to keep her happy.

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
The small girl didn't gaze towards the other woman, hell, even after she'd spoken she didn't have the chance to speak back in return to her either! In just minutes, it seemed she was taken by the hand and lead elsewhere. Hell, it was even upstairs! Making it a little bit harder for her to keep up with him at that point. Miu opened her mouth to stop him, to see what was wrong with him in general; but before she knew it they were in an entirely different room.

Though she couldn't see this, but just the senses she did have could feel it around her. The scent of the other dragon was now lost, or almost just a faint whisper of a smell that followed them. Now she was sat, nothing but confusion on her face, but she didn't move. "I was able to get here without much hassle, I followed your scent.. it was kind of hard though from the rain," she spoke up, "a home, like, a house of our own?"