Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Fire and Water

Calliope Offline

Threads: 10
Find
Thread Status: Closed
Players Involved: KingFury, Calliope
Characters Involved: Haru (KingFury), Miala (Calliope)
Setting: The forest near Xystal Swamp
Time: Late morning
Weather: Overcast

Miala's lungs whined as she ran, or tried to run - her bare feet kept catching on rocks and roots, and they hurt, especially after this long. But she couldn't stop even if she'd wanted to. She was chasing the man who'd interrupted her bath and stolen her skin; she couldn't see him anymore, but by some miracle of the gods, he had decided that it was more important to get as far away as possible as fast as was possible, and had left quite a trail in the process.

Not that the trail would do her much good if the fastest she could go was a pained stumble, though. She had no idea where she was, much less how to track things over land when the signs weren't glaringly obvious. And she couldn't stand to think about what might happen if she lost him.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Threads: 33
Find
Haru sat calmly, silently enjoying the feeling of grass underneath him. His legs were crossed and his eyes closed behind his mask. The clearing was quiet, disturbed only be the gentle flow of the leaves in the breeze, and by the distant trickle of the stream. He felt calm and at peace.

Something which completely contrasted with the dead body lying less than ten feet away. The human had entered his forest. Invaded his home. The people nearby knew not to disturb the forest, but this one was arrogant. And had quickly discovered that the rumors about a vengeful, murderous spirit in the forest were only partially exaggerated. Haru's blade sat in front of him, freshly cleaned from the blood the man had left on it when he'd been impaled. The strange leathery bundle the man had been carrying was folded up and sitting next to the blade. Haru would figure out what to do about that later.

Calliope Offline

Find
By the time Miala got to the clearing, she was very much exhausted, had picked up several injuries on her feet and ankles (and a few on her hands), and was wishing even more seriously that she'd just stayed home today.

It took her a minute to realize the trail had ended, and she mostly noticed because she'd stepped into a bit of mud made by the dead man's blood. She snapped back to alertness at that, took stock of the scene - dead person who'd stolen her skin, figure who was very not dead and seemed rather content, a bundle of hide, and her skin nowhere in sight. There was only one possible reaction she could think of.

She squeaked.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Haru's ears twitched at the sound, and his head turned in her direction. "Another intruder into my home? What do you want?" He didn't make a move for his sword, or anything else, but he had a sudden aura of alertness about him. His tails twitched just slightly, barely visible where they sat in the grass behind him. He breathed in her scent slowly, thinking carefully about what she was. "You aren't human. What are you?"

Calliope Offline

Find
Miala froze, heart pounding. Danger. This person was danger.

She swallowed hard and forced herself to speak. "I - um - selkie," she whispered. "I was just - I was trying to find my... my..."

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
While he remained alert, he seemed to relax a fraction. "That explains it. This poor fool stole your skin, I take it? That's probably what's in this bundle here." He gestured at the bundle, then leaned back slightly. His tails twitched in the grass. "You are welcome to take it back. I have no desire to keep it."

His eyes still didn't open, but his ears were swiveled in her direction. He was fully aware of her.

Calliope Offline

Find
Hesitantly, Miala took a step forward, then another. "You're just... giving it back?" she asked. To her, that didn't make sense. If he knew selkies enough to know about their skins, he had to know what giving someone their skin meant.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Haru nodded slowly. "Is that a problem?" One of his tails flicked idly, and his ears twitched at her steps. He was confused. Did she not want her skin back? He thought selkies were obsessed with recovering them.

Calliope Offline

Find
She took a few more steps forward - still hesitant, but a little bit less so. The second the bundle was in reach, she snatched it and scurried several steps backwards, more willing to risk tripping over an unseen root again than she was to risk taking her eyes off of Haru.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Haru twitched his tail again, his ears flicking in her direction as he waited for her to get dressed up. "Is there anything else you need?"