Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] A Normal day, A Normal.... Death

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Jabari sighed heavily, a quick roll of his eyes soon following after; though he didn’t quite mean it in a harsh way, he knew well how Dei felt. He’d always been more like a father to him, always there even if no one else had been. Always by each others side even when he was a child, making their bond feel even stronger. “Yeah I know,” he sighed softly, “you know I love you too, you asshole.”

There was no way in his mind he’d ever leave Dei, too close with the old dragon to ever even think about it. He’d be with the thing till the day he died, even if it ended up being before his own time. Slowly his feet came to a stop, eyes glancing in ahead and passed the man; focusing on his senses. 

Perhaps they weren’t had keen as Dei’s at least not in this form of his body; but he had no reason to shift, not yet at least. “I can... kind of smell them,” he crinkled his nose, “they stink to high heavens...” He coveted his nose with one hand, as he wondered the path they were walking. He was more adept to seeing the signs of creatures, more than smelling them. The worst part was being able to understand them, speak to them, which made hunting a bit on the more odd side for him. Yet his body craved the meats most elves didn’t have the appetite for; a trait from other race. 

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
"Go use what you can sense," Dei said. His voice had dropped as his eyes narrowed. "Make this hunt count and be careful not to let the tusk of the boar get you."
The dragon felt his fangs sharpen with desire for the meat and food. He was hungry and wanted to eat.

He enjoyed jobs like this because it felt so natural to him. A balance he was born into was being met. He was an apex predator and the world was his prey. Yes he had issues when he hatched but he had long outgrown the child with no fire and had taken his own fire.

"Get your bow ready," he said softly as the man walked a bit away from the lad. His sense said to rush the prey. He was faster and stronger but he wanted Jabari to catch the prey. He wanted to see his bonded success on a good hunt.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Jabari simply nodded his head, taking the other's words into his mind and keeping them there. He'd always made sure he was ready for a hunt, both mentally and physically; taking any words that Dei had to say to heart. He'd always looked out for him and his best interests, even if the young man rolled his eyes at most things. The same thing any kid would do at their parents, letting them know they didn't even think what they said was even in their best interests.

"Yeah, yeah," he pulled his brow from his back, along with a sturdy arrow, putting it into place against the bow itself. He held it down towards the ground, as his movements became slow, steady, and quiet. Jabari needed to be sure he wasn't heard, that way it made it easier to not be seen by the wild boars. Though their outer scent was nasty, just knowing how delicious their meat would be caused him to hungrily lick at his lips.

He'd walked closer, and closer to where his senses were taking him; eyes gazing at the area around. Patches of grass pressed down, marking of hooves in the dirt, fresh ones more than likely. Yes, he was closer, so close; he could make out their form in the distance among the trees. There they were, roaming about the area, soft snorts coming from the small herd.

Could they be called a herd? Was that even the name for a group of boar? Ugh, who cared! At this point there was nothing else on his mind than this hunt right here. He needed to be quick though, the slightest sound could send them charging. With arrow in hand, he extended his body into a tall standing position; arm pulling back against the bow's taught string.

It was a moment of clarity as he picked his target, watching as they unknowingly knew nothing of what was about to happen. Then, just as he'd gotten it ready, he released the arrow towards it's destination; hurling it right into the boar's left shoulder.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Dei watches hom carefully those orange eyes like flame letting the boy take his kill. Deimos was nearly useless as a dragon in the woods. He couldn't kill the prey by fire for fear of starting a wildfire in the forest. His dragon form over the years had become too big and massive to navigate through the dense vegetation and trees. 

The boar went down as the arrow struck his shoulder and went to the heart. The sound of its dying cries reached the others and for a second they stared in wonder at what happened to their friend. Frozen in fear and then started running in different directions. Their trusk flailed around uprooting vines and vegetation in their way to escape.

Deimos was on it. He sprinted to a nearby one and grabbed its back legs. He wasn't human and wasnt exactly limited by what humans were for speed and strength. He was a dragon. His skin covered over with hard dragon scales as be picked the boar up and brought it back down to the earth with a sickening thud. It was dead. It's skull cracked on a rock. "That's two."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
As soon as the one was taken down, all the other started to scatter about in different directions here and there; making it just a little harder to pin-point his next target. Yet, with all the skill he had, he quickly knocked another arrow just before sending it flying. It made contact with a boar that was a bit smaller, but still adult non-the-less; taking it down quickly when the arrow had went straight into it's neck.

The next target, however, had gotten much closer to where he was standing; almost charging his way with tusks gleaming in the light through the trees. Jabari cursed inwardly to himself for the moment, his arm reacting quick to place to bow back onto his back. In the matter of seconds his nails turned into large, thick claws; teeth bared now where pointed with a set of large lower and upper fangs in his jaw.

Jabari, though as quick as any mortal being could, dug his claws in deep to the boar's hide; causing blood to surface through deep cuts made. Leaning over the boar now, he used those same set of teeth to rip of a chunk off the back of the boar's neck. Blood now spilled from the creature much faster as his own face became reddened on the bottom half with it.

Just before the creature slumped over, a tusk slicked through the inner part of his thigh; making Jabari let out a pained groan at the feeling. It wasn't deep, but it surly was pained as the way his face contorted. Once the boar was dead, he stood over it, panting with his tongue hanging out; like the lion part of himself. "F-four down," he sucked in a breath, swallowing soon after; the blood banishing the rancid taste of the vile dirt that covered the feral pig.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Deimos had been busy catching some stragglers down and bringing them down. He managed to catch two more before it happened. He heard the familiar groan and his heart stopped. Fear chilled his bones and those warm amber eyes widened as he turned to look over at his bonded.

:Jabari?" Deimos sounded hurt and afraid as he moved over to the half elf. He looked at the dead boar. Together they had six total. It was a good haul for this prey group. Too much more and boar might be too hard to find. "Are you okay?"

He reached down to grab him. "Let me see where you got hurt... do you need me to take you to a healer?" The scales disappeared from his body showing once the soft skin of his body that pretended to be human.

"Jabari tell me how to help you. Please.... I don't like you bleeding..."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The young man bent over slightly, hands holding his knees as he stood there; eyes closed as the pain gently surged from his cut, the feeling of his warm blood seeping out cause a shiver to run up his spine. It wasn’t as if he’d never gotten hurt before in his life, hell, as a child he probably had gotten cuts and scrapes all the time. Did that very well ever keep Dei from worrying? No, in fact, him bleeding only made Dei worry more for the boy; no matter how many times he could tell him he was fine. 

“Yeah Dei, I’m fine,” he sighed softly, purple eyes looking up towards him, “it’s just a cut, it’s not very deep, just stings really.” The boy’s hand slowly moved to where he’d been cut, fingers sliding across the fresh blood to held reveal it better. It wasn’t bad, it truly wasn’t, but damn if Dei wasn’t more worried than he should be.

“Dei, calm down,” he placed a bloodied hand onto the larger male’s arm, a soft reassuring look on his face, “I know, trust me... I know, just... give me something to wrap around it and it’ll be fine I promise.”

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Without a word, Dei took his shirt off and ripped in into strips making it much more useable for the lad to use for binding. He then offered the strips to him and blinked. Clothes was something he wore out of habit not because he actually felt he had to. He had just learned over the years that humanoids don't find it fun if you dont wear clothes.

"Wrap it up but don't forget I can always do it for you if you can. When we get home I still want a healer to look at it to make sure its not infected," he said looking at his bonded. Infections killed people... It wasn't good for any race not even immortal ones. 

He sighed. "We can carry these boar back, let you see a healer and then come back after for the deer?" He was trying. He really wanted a second opinion if possible. Boar ate everything so there was no telling what was on their tusk espeically since they use them for fighting and searching for food.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Jabari slowly let himself sit down upon the ground, his knee bend up as to keep his injured thigh away from the dirt; and perhaps anything else that may make it all the worse. He had no qualms whether or not Dei wore anything, he himself was pretty lightly dressed anyway. With bloodied hands he took the strips of clothing from the man, making sure to line them well with where the cut in his thigh was exactly.

It took him only moments to get them wrapped around his leg, his eyes rolling once more in his life at his bonded; so worries over nothing. At least it wasn’t worse, his thigh could have been totally mangled by the damn boar. Lucky for both it had ended up a cut just across the inner thigh. With any luck it would be healed in no time, but gods he didn’t want to go see a healer.

“Come on Dei, do we really need to see a healer right away?” his eyes glanced up onto the bonded’s own, almost pleading in a way, “I told you it’s fine, I’m sure nothing bad is going to happen because of it. We both know this could have been so much worse than it actually is.” Though he knew well enough to know infection was possible, but himself was stubborn in the way Dei worried so much over the smallest things. It made him groan like a teenager, annoyed more than anything over the whole thing.

“UGH, if we go see a healer will you stop nagging me?” he squinted his eyes on fake anger at the man, “cause if not I’m just going to go for those deer now and worry about taking not boat and deer out of here.” Jabari wasn’t as serious about it as he may have seemed, Dei just wanted the best for him, to make sure he was safe. Hell, he was mortal, Dei wasn’t; sometimes he could only wonder why he never sought out a bonded that was... immortal like he was. 

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"We can go for the deer only if you tell  me the second  you start to feel  weak so I can take you to safety and get you help," he said. "I can put off the healer as long as you are forward with how you feel and tell me if it gets worst at all..."

His orange eyes blinked at him. "I can get you to a healer no time in dragon form... but I just need to know." The dragon exhaled sharply and smoke came from his nostrils. He was worried but he wanted to trust Jabari even if his instincts screamed to get help.

Shifting his weight he looked at the bandage. It looked fine he supposed. It would do for now. Just had to be careful not to get anymore wounds. "Just please be careful okay? And go in front of me. I will warch your back."