Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

i want the guts and glory, baby!

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find
Thread Status: Open
Players involved: Sparx
Characters involved: James
Setting: East Sleibte, crossroads town somewhere between Ecuru and Nuru
Time: Current, early morning
Weather: Cool, thin fog

Quest Name: "You want what from where?"
Quest Reward: 800gp + ???
Times Quest Has Been Done: 0/1

The morning air was still cool with dew and a light blanket of fog as townspeople began to emerge from their houses and get to work for the day. The local bulletin board was largely ignored, as everyone had their own lives to worry about, with no time for the ridiculous, inconvenient, or even dangerous favors their neighbors couldn’t handle themselves.

Fortunately for those with requests, a young, scruffy man had just strolled into town looking for something ridiculous, inconvenient, or even dangerous to do. This traveler, who could not be much folder than adolescence, had a scrappy air about him, with eagerness in his bright blue eyes. While he mostly looked human, he had pointed ears that were not quite like an elf’s, and part of what made him seem fiery may have been the fact that he radiated heat like a

James was on the lookout for adventure, treasure, or even just something interesting. So, when he saw the lonely quest board with its scrawled pleads for assistance, he was immediately drawn in. Could there be monsters to slay? Bandits to drive off? Shiny rewards to be had?

...or just errands to run? The young man visibly drooped as he read through the various requests. Were townspeople really so boring that the only troubles they had were deliveries and herbs? None of these posts even required going very far away.

James was just about to give up and move on when he heard footsteps hurrying toward him.

“You there!” cried an odd looking woman who appeared to be wearing goggles over her glasses. She was carrying several books and scrolls, with even more tucked away in a bag. “You look like you’re looking for something to do!”

“Um, do you need something?” James replied. It looked like he was going to be roped into a boring favor after all.

“I’m a researcher,” began the woman. “And right now, I’m looking into a mythical dragon living under Lake Vrocheros. I need some supplies for my research, but obviously, I’m very busy, so I need someone else to get these things.”

“Dragon?” Now James was interested. A dragon living under a lake? That sounded weird, but cool. He had never heard of anything like it, though, to be fair, he hadn’t heard of very many things yet.

“Yes, a dragon, pay attention.” The woman somehow managed to shift her books to one arm long enough to pull out some sheets of parchment that she then thrust into James’ hands. “This is what I need. I marked everything on the map. I have a shipment of nixie essence waiting for me in Ecuru. Just show the confirmation letter to the people at the dock marked and they should give it to you. Then, and just hear me out, I need burnweed from the volcanoes up near the Eye of Jackroth. A lot of it. I know it sounds-“
“Is that it? Sounds easy, but I guess it could be fun. I’ve never been to Ecuru.”

The woman looked at James like he had just told her that fighting a frost cat blindfolded with your arms tied was easy. “Um, alright... well, I wrote down how much burnweed I need and how to harvest it so you don’t ruin the combusting bits. And if you make it back I’ll pay you plenty for your trouble!”

James thumbed through the pages he had been given. Ecuru for nixie essence, then the mountains for burnweed. Sounded simple enough- maybe not terribly exciting, but at least he would get to see a new place. And he was pretty sure he knew exactly where to find enough burnweed.

Maybe he’d meet some interesting company along the way?

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find

Raven sat at the front of her mobile house, or as most would call it: a caravan. Its rustic wood paneling was overflowing with plants of all sorts, looking more like a mobile garden than a home. The trim had been painted a deep plum color, and was weathered in some places, its paint faded and peeling beneath the moss and vines. Potted plants soaked up the early morning mist from their windowsill boxes, the hanging pots that hung from the rungs of the roof swayed to and fro as the wooden wheels rocked the caravan over every bump and pit in the road, causing the small-framed girl to bounce in her seat. The entire thing looked rather odd, truth be told. But she didn't mind that. It gave her caravan character! And she liked that.

Plus it made her caravan way more noticeable. Which was super good for business.

"C'mon, girls! We got places to go and potions to sell!" she chimed, giving the gilded reigns in her hand a playful snap. One of the cows, golden in color, raised her horned head and lowed deeply in response. The cattle themselves looked odd; their slight frames and delicate bodies seemed ill suited to pulling something as large as the caravan, but the two of them managed more than well. One was as gold as pale morning sunlight, her horns shimmering like pearls. The other was such a light lavender she looked silver, and her horns looked light moonlight.

The lavender cow looked back at Raven with eyes that seemed to know.

"Oh don't give me that," the girl replied to the cow. "I didn't even snap the reigns that hard! You know I'd never hurt you." The cow gave an almost teasing moo and turned her gaze forward. "Yeah that's what I thought."

By the time she had reached the sleepy little crossroads town and resupplied it was well into the morning, with people going about their daily business. After loading the last crate of food into her home, which she had parked near town square, the purple-haired girl had gotten herself some breakfast at the local tavern was was just on her way back when she heard it:

“Is that it? Sounds easy, but I guess it could be fun. I’ve never been to Ecuru.”

"Oh hey! I'm going to Ecuru, too!" She decided on the spot, calling over to the boy who she'd overheard.

And so she bounded over, her long ornate sleeves bobbing in her wake and her little sandals clapping against her heels. She certainly stood out in this town; her short kimono was in shades of lavenders, purples, and whites, and embroidered with golden thread that sparkled when she moved. More peculiar still were the straight spiraled horns atop her head, much like that of an ibex. Raven came to a stop in front of him, and stared into his eyes with vibrant enthusiasm, and a contagious smile on her face.

"The name's Raven Hollyhazel, Traveling Witch Extraordinaire!" She spun around once and struck a pose as though she were some kind of magical girl (which wasn't entirely wrong), and gave a playful wink. "Why don't you come along with me? It'll be tons of fun!"

NekoNay Offline

Kit

Threads: 5
Find

Jun stared morosely around the townsfolk, searching for information, any clues for the closest town to depart to. His queries were only met with shrugs and snubs, causing his temper to mildly flare. He was a docile individual at heart but this helplessness only served to frustrate him. 

A simple answer is all I ask for! The faster he could meet other dragons, the better. 

Perhaps it was fancy garbs. As impractical as they were for traveling, it was the only piece of home he still held close to his person. He was a foreigner in their presence and from his past experiences... they weren't often well received. He extended a sleeve to his face, a shimmer of blue scales reflecting off the palm of his hand. The scent of the ocean... it soothed him, calmed his emotions. 

He couldn't stand here and dawdle. He took more confident strides through the pathways. There was always a board, he sent multiple of them on his travels. Often barren but maybe this one would be the stroke of luck he desired. 

'Oh hey I'm going to Ecuru!' The excited voice reached his ears. He whirled to see a girl race up to meet a young lad. Finally a location...! She seemed eager, rearing to go, to miss out on joining their company would be a shame. He rubbed the side of his face, pondering the idea.

He sucked up some courage, chest puffed out before striding up to meet them. "I am sorry if I am interrupting but I couldn't help but hear you guys are going to Ecuru?" He put on his best smile, his hand held out. "I am Jun and I hope you do not mind me including myself in this band."

Sparx Offline

Website Find
James was about to set out when he heard footsteps and a voice calling out to him. He turned to see a very purple girl running towards him, announcing that she, too, was going to Ecuru. Well, what a nice coincidence! It seemed like it was going to be easy to meet new people after all.

"Really? That's great!" said James with a smile. As the girl introduced herself, he was only more intrigued. It was difficult not to absorb some of her radiant energy. "A witch? Wow, that sounds pretty incredible. I've only ever heard of witches before.

"I'm James, by the way. I don't have a title or anything like that. Or a profession. But I'd love to come with you! It'd be boring to run this errand all by myself."

Just as he was about to show Raven the papers he had received from the quest giver, there was another arrival approaching them with interest. A quick glance at the newcomer quickly grabbed James' attention. Another dragon? Sure looked like it. As he was now, James did not appear draconic by any stretch, and he wasn't even sure what kind of dragon this person was, but he felt a spark of kinship anyway.

"Sure!" he replied to the stranger's request. "Well, if Raven's okay with it too, anyway. I'm James. I just picked up this quest, see..."

James showed his two new companions the map and instructions. "There's a shipment of nixie essence in Ecuru I have to get first. And if you guys are up for it, I'm off to the mountains for burnweed next. But let's worry about one thing at a time."

Wow, this was exciting. A quest with two new friends! Well, not friends yet, but maybe by the time they were through they would be. Regardless, the inexperienced man was ecstatic.

"Well? What do you think? Should we head off?"

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"Okay with it? Okay with it!?" Raven exclaimed, throwing her arms wide in an excited gesture. "I'm way more than okay with it! The more the merrier, am I right?" Her grin spread from ear to ear as she gave both Jun and James--hey! J names! How fun!--a playful wink. "Plus we match, and how could I possibly turn down someone with such excellent taste?" She excitedly took Jun's hand and shook it, though her eyes were completely focused on the papers James held out, eyes quickly moving back and forth as she read the words on the page.

"Ooooooo, those are both some good potion ingredients," she said, eyes practically glowing with the amount of sparkles within. "I bet I could pick some up for myself, too! And volcanic burnweed! How exotic! This person must be going somewhere absolutely frigid if they need that!" Her hands finally released Jun's for the briefest of moments before locking around it yet again, though this time her other hand shot out and took hold of James's wrist. "Well then, there's no time to waste! We have a client waiting!" For such a small girl, Raven was deceptively strong, and she eagerly pulled the two boys along to her caravan, where So and Lu were waiting, chewing on some poor homeowner's flowerbed.

"Jun, James, meet So and Lu!" The girl bounded between the cows and posed dramatically--a running theme with her, it seemed--gesturing grandly to each cow in turn. "They're my best friends in the whole wide world and I'd be lost without them!" Lu gave a low moo and licked Raven's cheek with a thick slimy tongue, which was simply giggled off.

"Now you can either ride in the caravan, it's got all the comforts of home, or you can ride up front with me! There's a window too, so we can have that open and talk," she said, climbing up to the driver's seat and sliding the window open, which caused a few plant fronds to spring out from within the cabin. "Oh, but if you ride inside be careful what plants you touch. Some of them like to snap back." She was entirely focused on the two dragons, but her hand whipped out to slap an encroaching vine, which recoiled back into the caravan quickly. "And don't mess with my potions. If you get hexed, I'm not liable!"

NekoNay Offline

Kit

Threads: 5
Find
Jun had to stand ground, accepting Raven's vigorous handshake with a shaky smile. "Y-You a-are whole heartedly c-correct," he stammered out. He had to admit her positive energy was infectious, his smile widened, flattered by the compliment that followed soon after. 

His free hand gathered, gently closed over his chest as he peered over the both of them to get a garner of the papers James showed off to the both of them. The warmth radiating from James' figure resonated with him. Ah a dragon..! How long has it been since he met another of his kin. Jun grew a little sheepish, his own disguise failing a bit with a hidden of scales on the back of hands but everything he felt was cleverly hidden. I must brush up on my skills. There was much he wanted to ask but he decided to focus on the papers instead. There would be time for that later.

His brows furrowed. It was definitely a request alright. "Nixie essence and... volcanic burnweed?" Internally, he began to swear at the sight of the burnweed. It could only mean a hot destination for such a thing. He glanced at the both of them. This shouldn't be an issue with two dragons tagging along, shouldn't it? "Intriguing materials. I do not coming along - whoa!" 

He felt his whole body move, towed along by Raven's strength. He completely underestimated her small frame, he nearly came tumbling down before he caught himself. 

"What a comfy caravan." He murmured, admiring it before his eyes shifted towards the cows? she loudly proclaim. Were they cows...? He almost wanted to scratch his head to it. What a pecular color. "I want to-" His mouth clamped shut at the sight of the vine slithering its way through the window. Watching her swat it away, he quickly changed his words, "Up front please!"

Sparx Offline

Website Find
James' grin of excitement gave way to surprise when Raven grabbed both boys and pulled them along to show them her curious caravan. James had never seen anything like it (not that this was surprising, given his circumstances), and couldn't help but gawk at the strange house-on-wheels. The cows were of particular interest to him- why did they look like that? They seemed too skinny to be pulling anything along, let alone a mobile home, and their colors were wholly unnatural. He wondered if they tasted differently than normal cows.

"It sounds like you're pretty familiar with potions," James mused as he climbed onto the front of the caravan. "It's pretty lucky we ran into each other when we did! I'm sure you'll be a lot of help with the ingredients."

Unlike Jun, James eagerly peered into the interior of the caravan. Everything inside was completely foreign to him. Weird plants, weird materials- and it really did look like the inside of a house, despite all the witchy stuff. He was sure there was a bounty of interesting items inside.

"I don't like to sit much, so I'll have a look around inside, if that's okay," James said to Raven, not waiting for further invitation before slipping inside to examine everything he could find. "Let me know if anything exciting pops up out there!"

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"So we have one up front and one inside!" she said with a bright smile. She offered a hand and helped Jun up to the driver's seat of the caravan. "I don't have any cushions or anything, so sorry if it's a bit uncomfortable. I've grown used to it, but if you get sore or anything just let me know and I'll stop so you can stretch or go inside."

Speaking of inside....

Her gaze slid to James, following him as he was about to enter her caravan. With a deep breath she began to speak a string of words more rapidly than should be spoken, "By entering the caravan you agree not to touch, ingest, tinker with, or take anything you find within. By agreeing to these terms you also agree that if you violate the verbal contract that Raven Hollyhazel, Witch Extraordinaire, shall be in no terms liable for any discomfort, hexes, jinxes, grievous bodily harm, or death that may ensue from anything touched, ingested, tinkered with, or taken without explicit permission or instruction from Raven Hollyhazel, Witch Extraordinaire." With that said, the smile returned to her face and she waved the young man inside. "Have fun and make yourself at home! There's hot water over the fireplace and tea on the table!"

And with that she took a seat next to Jun, reins in hand, and gave them a light snap. "Let's go, girls! We've got places to go and things to get!" The cows lowed and began pulling the caravan forward, and before long they were on the main road headed south.

The interior of the caravan was just as eclectic as the outside, albeit more cozy. The wooden floor was covered in a purple rug, woven with intricate patterns in yellow, creams, and white thread, the the pieces of the wall visible through the plants and shelves of potions were a sunny yellow color. There were so few bare spaces along the walls--even the windows were filled with hanging planters and boxes of small flowering herbs. The light that did filter through mostly came through the skylight above, illuminating the various bottles of potions along shelves and in boxes. They came in all colors; some glittered like liquid gold, others looks like smoke, and there were even some in ornate jeweled bottles, capped with stoppers made of precious metals.

Along one wall there was a humble wooden counter, complete with wash basin, and along the adjacent wall was the aforementioned fireplace, the hearth lit with a gentle flame. Along the far wall, on which Jun and Raven sat on the other side of, was a very comfortable looking couch, plum in color with hand crocheted doilies along the back, lined with matching pillows. Above that hung a hammock, almost reaching the ceiling.

And along everything else were the plants. Big plants, little plants, pitcher plants, was that a small tree growing in the corner?? Gachapod pods, manapots--weren't those super dangerous?--a.... sneakvine? Gods, she slept with a sneakvine so close to her?? Sure it was still tiny, but who in their right mind would do such a thing?

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо