Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[o]i'm a little tired, you see

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find
Thread Status: open
Players involved: Sparx, Kila, Haji
Characters involved: Abraham, Zacrae, Alistair
Setting: City near the Fortress of Plenty
Time: Current, midday
Weather: Fairly pleasant, mildly cloudy with the threat of light rain in the evening

It was a very weird time to be a Faith angel. Not one, but two oracles now had died under extremely confusing circumstances, with absolutely nothing to indicate to anyone what could possibly be going on. People were afraid that the gods had killed their own oracles, and if that were so, could the gods be trusted? Who would die next? Why was this happening? Feelings of faith were hesitant and uneasy as these events continued to erupt, which was not good news for a species that only existed and thrived because of that faith.

Abraham Val'yera was feeling a bit fatigued.

Faith angels were known to be more nomadic than most of the other branches of the species, but the king of Faith was especially mobile in the past few weeks. Along with his close friend and advisor, Zacrae, Abraham had been scurrying across angel territory, especially places where faith angels tended to flock, trying both to figure out what was going on and keep spirits high as doubt rippled throughout the faithful. Abraham had always been fairly good at keeping his people together during hard times, but hard times had never been like this before. At least the war made sense!

Presently, the monarch had taken a seat in a quiet place in a Plenty-dominated city he had been visiting on his quest. It was fairly easy for him to bounce from place to place unnoticed, for someone of his status; Abraham was a pretty unassuming man, not even particularly angel-like in appearance except for the faint glow of his skin. Not to mention, he was not especially social and usually preferred to keep his public appearances to a minimum, so outside of his own people he was unlikely to be recognized. He liked it that way, for it meant he did not draw much attention while out and about.

Abraham ran his hands through his hair, taking a moment to relax after a long day of a lot more socializing than he was used to in a day. If not for Zacrae by his side the whole time, he probably would have had a nervous breakdown by now. Why couldn't things ever be normal and easy? Wasn't dealing with the war enough trouble, now something had to happen with the oracles? Jeez...

"What a day..." he breathed. "And we found out absolutely nothing. Do you think we've made any impact on the people, at least?"

Messages In This Thread
[o]i'm a little tired, you see - by Sparx - 08-29-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: [o]i'm a little tired, you see - by Kila - 08-29-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: [o]i'm a little tired, you see - by Sparx - 09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: [o]i'm a little tired, you see - by Kila - 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM