Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

"Pleasure to meet you, missus," Damien said with a voice so low it sounded like a grumble. His ears turned red when Magnus crouched to examine his handiwork with the spell. They probably thought him some sort of incompetent magical fool. Wasn't his fault he had bad luck. If he could, he'd get rid of it, but that meant knowing what caused it in the first place.

He listened to Magnus talk, propping his chin on his hands. She sure liked to talk a lot, and made a lot of presumptions. At least she was nicer than Killian, at least. Albeit a little patronizing. Belial, on the other hand, ate up her compliments.

"Oh, I like this one," he said, crooning. "She knows how to properly speak to someone of my standing."

"Before I accept your offer, I gotta make one thing clear," said the elf with a sigh. "I don't like bein' patronized, and I been to a lot of cities and towns. Yeah people stare, but I ain't ever been stalked and followed by authorities like I've been here. Even in human cities. Their guards left me alone, since I wasn't causin' no trouble. Just lookin' for some food to eat and a place to sleep that ain't under a tree. Now when I been followed in those places, it's by people who wanna hurt me. So, imagine from my point of view, I come to a city where I ain't doin' nothin' wrong, and I get stalked.

Yeah, I took a defensive stance, but I didn't move. I didn't make a move to attack, only defend. I don't appreciate being treated like a bad guy for being prepared to defend myself, or for just mindin' my own business."

He sighed again, and reached down to grab his staff, which he used to balance himself as he rose to stand. "I still don't trust any of you, and I gotta know that I'm free to leave your college at any time. Bel and I don't take too kindly to being imprisoned--not that I ever been in prison, mind you." The comment was barbed, and aimed at Killian, who he could sense somewhere nearby. He couldn't pinpoint where, but Damien knew he was close by. He seemed to be this woman's pet, and the irony was rich. "I also got no control over Bel. He's his own master, and does what he wants. We clear on that, missus?"

Belial gave a wave of an ethereal hand, and the pile of dirt on which Damien stood vanished, and the elf dug the pointed end of his staff into the ground to remain balanced. "He's absolutely right, you know. No one controls me. I'm only here because I have to be."

Damien gave a reaffirming nod as he said, "Now do we have your word that we can leave at any time, missus?"

Messages In This Thread
The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-06-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-08-2017, 01:44 PM