Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

The Trinket Didn't Work...

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Damien

As to be expected, they were being followed. Belial once again perched on Damien's shoulder and whispered low, "We're being followed again, and he's got company."

"Do they look like they're gonna attack?"

"No."

"Then let'em follow," Damien said flatly. "It ain't worth gettin' riled up over anymore. I'm tired, and I want a nap."

Their trip through the streets was uneventful. They had finally, finally, found someone willing to give directions to an inn without peppering them with a barrage of questions. Damien gave his thanks with a tired smile, and followed the directions to a rather small inn. The rates were, mercifully, posted outside. The elf stood outside the door, and pulled out his coin purse and began to count, moving the coins around with his fingers. He'd counted all of them, and...

He was exactly ten coins short.

Ten. Coins. Short.

"Of course," he sighed, face crestfallen and ears drooping. "The food I bought earlier...Bel, I don't have enough for a room."

"That would be your luck," Belial said with a knowing nod. "Shall I go get some coins?"

"We ain't thieves, Bel. There's an alley a way back that looks like it'd be a good place to nap." Damien gave a shrug and worked his way back through the streets. The alley was a dark place, largely empty and unused, and the stone was relatively clean, but certainly not comfortable enough to rest upon.

Staff in hand, eyes focused on the ground, Damien said, "I'm gonna try some of that summoning magic you were tryin' to teach me. I'll get some hay here and it'll be a nice place for a nap." He crouched down, and scrawled some symbols on the ground with chalk in the shape of a rectangle. "Does all this look right to you?"

Belial gave the glyphs a once over, and nodded approvingly. "Yes, everything looks air tight."

"Awesome. Fingers crossed!"

There was a bright glow, and when the magic faded there was a mound of dirt where there should have been hay, and both Belial and Damien stared, completely dumbfounded.

"Your spell should have worked. Everything was right. I don't understand this luck of yours, Damien."

Damien turned and fell back on the mound, lounging lazily atop it like it was the most comfortable thing in the world. "You know, Bel, I really don't care right now. Dirt is better than nothing. Care to keep an eye on things while I take a nap?"

"I'm afraid that won't be possible," Belial said with a sigh, gesturing to the approaching woman with an extremely pointy hat. "Our company has decided to come say hello."

Curse this damn luck of his.

He sat up, eying Magnus with an unreadable expression, and gave a very long, very drawn out sigh. "You're not gonna leave us alone unless I say yes, are you?" He closed his eyes and sighed again. "Alright, alright. Ask away, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to answer everythin' to your standards, but I'll try."

Messages In This Thread
The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-06-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by Kila - 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: The Trinket Didn't Work... - by tortricidae - 08-08-2017, 01:44 PM