Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Command and Control

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Another inkling of the word 'mother' was started, but never completed. Charlie bit back the disgust in her throat and kept a grimace from reaching her eyes. "Of course, Father," she said dryly. It was like someone had poured sand in her mouth, it was so dry. She would have been better off more like her father, it seemed. More willing to care less about what others thought. "I'll need some time to think things through, then. If you'll excuse me..."

The girl started to walk away from her father, back towards the fortress she called home, but she paused for a moment and glanced back and said, "Don't talk of mother anymore. It sunds like she was more of a hindrance to me than anything. I should probably be more like you, in the end. Cold and hard."

She turned away and left, retiring to her room for meditation.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Threads: 33
Find
When she turned, she missed Vioroll's flinch.

Vioroll went to the shrine again. He'd gone there to meditate frequently since the first training day with her, and wasn't sure what to do with her training.

He crouched down in front of the shrine and offered a prayer to Vaerath. What could he do?

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
The weeks had not been kind to Charlie. Between training with her father nd her aunt, training on her own, and sneaking off to see Kurai every so often, she was running herself ragged.

The war princess was almost never seen without bags under her eyes now, brought on by her late nights in the library or from struggling to even tough the control magic she supposedly had. Through the weeks her body had begun to waste away, with her spine and ribs now visible through her skin. Eating was a chore, her anxiety making her too nauseous to even eat, and most of her meals went to the bids outside her tower window. At least someone was making use of the food.

This did little to curb her enthusiasm; Charlie seemed to be fueled by sheer determination alone. She would learn her control magic or die trying.

She was on her way to meditate in the garden. It was a peaceful place, and being near their small shrine for Vaerath offered some small comfort, but as the weeks went by she couldn't help but wonder if the god had made a terrible mistake in appointing her.

Her footsteps crunched against the gravel; she made no effort to hide her presence because no one was ever there when she wished to meditate, but it seemed as though today the Gods had other plans, as Charlie found herself looking at her father's back.

And her shoulders immediately tensed up.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Vioroll looked back when he heard her come in. He took her appearance while he was praying about her to Vaerath as a sign, and stood up to face her. "Ah, I was wondering if I was going to see you today. Let's have a talk." He knew she wasn't having much success with her magic, and was hoping that either a talk, or perhaps a spar, would be able to get through whatever this limit she was struggling with was.

He gestured towards the meditation gardens behind the shrine. "After you."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
Charlie's jaw tensed in spite of herself, and her shoulders went rigid. She had come to meditate, not talk, and truthfully speaking with her father was the last thing she'd wanted. But who was she to refuse an order from her father.

"Of course," she replied tightly through almost clenched teeth.

The demoness strode past her father and into the meditation gardens, her footsteps light and quick., leaving faint impressions in the gravel. "Can we please make this brief, father? I have a lot on my mind."

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Vioroll stood and followed her. "I understand that you're frustrated. Honestly, I do. But something is holding you back. And I can't help you fix it until I know what it is." He stepped into the garden and crossed his arms behind his back. "So... you need to talk to me."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"Of course something's holding me back," Charlie rolled her eyes and dismissively waved a hand, her back still to Vioroll. "I don't seem to have the knack for the family magic no matter how hard I try." She lowered herself to the ground and crossed her legs.

She couldn't stop one of her legs from jiggling, even as she set her elbow upon it. "It's not a block, Father. I'm simply magically inept, which if you listened to me, you'd know that I've known this for my entire life." Again Charlie waved a dismissive hand.

"There's nothing to talk about. It's as simple as that."

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Vioroll shook his head, then realized she couldn't see it. "No, it 's not that you lack power. Something is blocking you from using it to its fullest." He looked upwards, his eyes unfocusing as he thought about the past. "Your aunt wouldn't have let you stay if she thought you were weak. That's something you need to understand. If you weren't... acceptable, weren't at her standards, you would have been exiled or worse years ago. Z'laenna doesn't tolerate weakness. Especially not from family."

He took a step closer to her. "And I don't think your mother held you back either. Honestly, I'm glad you aren't as cold as I am. War has been led by those types long enough." He hesitated for a moment. "If you can actually reach through your blocks and realize who you can really be."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Website Find
"I told you not to talk about her anymore," Charlie snapped, glaring at her father with enough venom to melt stone. "I don't need your constant doting to solve my problems. I need to meditate and figure this out on my own. Nothing you or Auntie have done has helped." Her knee bounced more in agitation.

"And I keep telling you it's not a block."

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
“The fact that you won’t acknowledge the block is the first problem.” He shook his head, sighing softly. “You’re as stubborn as your mother. As unsure of yourself, too. Perhaps you did inherit more from her.”