Antarsia
[EX] Heart and Mind - Printable Version

+- Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: The World Of Antarsia (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Sleibte (https://www.antarsia-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [EX] Heart and Mind (/showthread.php?tid=5337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Heart and Mind - King Fury - 11-20-2019

Thread Status: Closed
Players Involved: KingFury, KokoPuffs
Characters Involved: Balthoron (KingFury), Taahira (Kokopuffs)
Setting: The forest near Xystal Swamp
Time: Evening, 25th of Haliea (current)
Weather: Overcast

Balthoron slipped into the tavern just as the drinks started flowing for the dinner rush. Way-taverns like these dotted the roads, giving travelers a good place to rest for the night and get a hot meal. They also charged a fortune for anything good, but Bal was fine with that. He could eat, drink, get some sleep, and maybe even find some company to chat with. Rescue missions always seemed to take longer than the others.

He went over to the counter and sat down, ordering a glass of cider and a small plate of whatever meat they had available. He was too seasoned a traveler to ask too many questions about the type of meat. Once settled in and waiting on his food, he turned and began to scan the gathered patrons for anyone interesting to talk to.

RE: Heart and Mind - KokoPuffs - 11-26-2019

The crowded tavern was nothing new for the Elemental, it was something she'd grown quite fond of actually; the bigger the crowd the more money she could make in one night. The company was always welcomed as well, she traveled so often she sometimes found herself craving nothing more than conversation with another. Perhaps it was in the nature of any social being in the world, to seek out the company of another, to fill the empty void of loneliness with the companionship some always seemed to have.

For her? This was as good as it was going to get, with plenty of people around her for the show. It went as always, slow, soft movements of her body; adorned in elegant but showing clothing. They waved and moved with her own movement, flowing like silk on a gentle breeze. Illusions were used as well, as they always have been since she started.

They added another sense to it all, whether it be flowers, starts, or even small dragons and water. Anything that came to her mind really, she even created the illusions of scent; subtle and light, enough to fill the area with it's delightful smell. All seemed to be enjoying themselves with it, men and woman alike; though surely enough men were about to admire it for more than it was for.

RE: Heart and Mind - King Fury - 11-26-2019

Balthoron dutifully smiled when the dancing began. The former monk could appreciate the grace and beauty as well as any man, but his former lifestyle left him less distracted by the...suggestions her dress and movements gave out. Still though, she seemed quite skilled, and with such a friendly display, he felt like he should add one of his own.

Reaching into his pouch, the elf drew out four small seeds and set them on the floor at his feet. His eyes closed for a moment, and he reached into the wellspring of power within himself. "May thine life flourish, thy beauty shine..." He opened his eyes and looked back at where the woman danced. The seeds split open, releasing roots and vines. The roots wormed between the floorboards, seeking the dirt beneath the tavern, while the vines snaked their ways through the crowd. After a few moments, the vines made a small circle around the edge of her dancing area, before the ends rose up two feet and stood tall. When she moved again, Bal grinned and the raised sections of the vines suddenly sprouted dozens of buds which opened into a variety of different flowers.

The vines path mostly was concealed, but one with a keen eye could trace them back. Not that Balthoron minded. This was going to be fun.

RE: Heart and Mind - KokoPuffs - 11-27-2019

It would have taken a moron not to see the vines coming her way, but what happened when they reached her was more than something magical in her own eyes. They were beautiful, the flowers that popped up and bloomed before her eyes. Varies colors, sizes, and kinds all around. It had nothing to do with her own abilities, but the smell emitting off of them was intoxicating; pulling a gentle smile upon her lips.

Taahira continued her dance, though her eyes followed where the vines had started their journey to reach her; leading up to a man whom sat at the bar. They were certainly not what she was expecting, and yet she didn't seem to mind either. Anyone who could use such a magic easily gained her attention; even if they weren't even going for it. This, however, was certainly a fun little nudge in his direction; she could only find herself smiling towards him.

It was only moments before she had brought her display to an end, every illusion disappearing as if it was never there in the first place. The flowers? They were real, so they did not go away as her won magic did. Her lips curled into a friendly smile, bowing her body delicately towards the crowed around her; soft cheers and hollers at the performance.

The woman made her way through the crowd soon after, uninterested in what they had to say, her focus now upon the man once again. She made a b-line towards him, stopping just short of where he sat himself; only to bow before him. "Good evening, sir," she pulled up with a soft smile, "that was quite the display with the flowers, I liked it~"

RE: Heart and Mind - King Fury - 11-27-2019

When she approached, Bal released the spell, causing the vines to wither. All except for the flowers and their stems. He calmly scooped one up and smiled at her, returning her bow from his seat. "I aimed to please. Your show was so good, I simply couldn't help myself." The elf offered her the flower, then gestured at the seat next to him. "After such a display, you must be famished. Please, allow me to treat you to dinner."

The former monk picked up his cup and took a small swig. It wasn't a fine drink, but was serviceable, and he was happy enough with it. "Besides, I couldn't possibly pass up a chance to chat with someone as interesting as you are." At this distance, he could easily sense the natural power coming off of her. She was a member of a strong species, that much was certain. She didn't smell of smoke, so she couldn't be a dragon, and she seemed to kind to be an angel or demon. She clearly wasn't one of his own kind...

RE: Heart and Mind - KokoPuffs - 11-29-2019

The woman smiled softly from ear to ear, her eyes locked into his own; especially after he offered just a lovely flower for her as well. "Oh, why thank you very much, sir, I don't always get people willing to participate with me... even if in such minor way," Taahira's hand lightly grabbed the flower, only to hold it up to her face to smell it, "I do aim to please as well, if a performance it lacking, not only does it feel wrong for but... I don't get as much money either."

"Dinner? You don't have to do such a thing for me, but I suppose I can't just deny a generous offer from a kind gentleman," the elemental made sure to take the seat right beside him, "oh why thank you, I assure there isn't much special about myself. Though I must ask of your name, that way I can stop calling you sir. I am Taahira myself~"

This was, nice, the kind of thing she could always seek after a nice dance; someone to chat with and enjoy company. Hell, even a meal with as well, though not much of something she NEEDED, but never the less something she kind of enjoyed as well.

RE: Heart and Mind - King Fury - 12-02-2019

Balthoron smiled slightly. "Oh, I can very much tell there's something special about you. Probably a lot of things." He set a few coins on the counter for the innkeeper, knowing that plates of food would be brought over soon enough. "Then again, I'm the same way. Lots of people are special. Though, your dance was on another level altogether." He leaned back slightly, taking her in.

"I'd ask a little about you, but it is only polite for me to start. My name is Balthoron Mindeye, and I'm usually on missions to help people. Kill monsters, rescue people, recover family heirlooms... I've done it all, it seems." He smiled a little more widely, then traced a finger through the air. Light danced along his fingertip, and he drew out an old rune that represented nature. After an instant, the rune vanished as the light faded.

"What about you?"

RE: Heart and Mind - KokoPuffs - 12-02-2019

Taahira pulled her legs up o to the stool as well now, her body now sitting upon her one legs while she sat there; engaged with this man before her. “You’re far too kind,” her pale cheeks flushed a light pink in response, “I suppose you are quite right, though I don’t see how special I could be. Oh? Why thank you, I try my best to create a performance anyone can enjoy. I am quite glad you could enjoy it yourself, it pleases me~”

“Oh wow really? Well I must say I’m quite delighted to meet you, Balthoron Mindeye, you seem like quite the helpful man! I can only imagine being able to help so many people in so many ways!” she smiled, but blushed softly at her rambling, “oh, I’m quite sorry to have rambled, it’s just so amazing to know someone can do so much for another, it’s commendable.” 

“Oh me? Well I can’t say I do as much as you,” I travel from place to place, dancing is all,” she played gently with her fingers in her lap, “not much, but it’s what I enjoy~”

RE: Heart and Mind - King Fury - 01-13-2020

Balthoron smiled as their food came. "Have you been to many interesting places, then?" He leaned forward just a little, enjoying their conversation. His eyes glanced down, watching her fidgeting fingers and suppressing a chuckle at the little blush on her cheeks. This conversation was proving to be quite a joy, and he was hopeful that it wouldn't end too soon. "Someone like you has probably seen lands as amazing and beautiful as you, I'm sure."

He took a single bite of meat, not intending to eat much given his heritage, but still planning on having some since he'd need the energy it would give him later. "I would greatly love to hear tales of your adventures, and the dances you have given. I could tell you some of mine in return." He paused for a moment, then slightly gestured to the room. "I hope you have performed in places more interesting than this. You are too lovely a flower to not."

RE: Heart and Mind - KokoPuffs - 01-16-2020

Taahira reposition herself upon the stool she sat in once more, her eyes shyly looking down at the bar counter before her. Goodness, she had just met this man but he was causing her cheeks to warm up in mere minutes of talking to him; if even that long to be honest. It kept a gentle smile on her lips though, it wasn't as if she never found herself being flirted with before. Balthoron though? He was charming to say the least, his words gentle and flattering all the same. "You are certainly right, if I do say so," she tore her eyes from the counter top, only to look up towards him, "I've been plenty of places so far in life, though not every place has as much beauty.. they always have their own little charm."

"Oh, well..." gods above he was making her blush even more, making it harder to even find the words to speak, "I have been places that aren't just taverns, then again they have more of the lively people. My favorite places to perform are in small villages, ones without the taverns and the like. It's more... fun? Yes, more fun, the people love to join in for a good time."