Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[o]i'm a little tired, you see

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find
Thread Status: open
Players involved: Sparx, Kila, Haji
Characters involved: Abraham, Zacrae, Alistair
Setting: City near the Fortress of Plenty
Time: Current, midday
Weather: Fairly pleasant, mildly cloudy with the threat of light rain in the evening

It was a very weird time to be a Faith angel. Not one, but two oracles now had died under extremely confusing circumstances, with absolutely nothing to indicate to anyone what could possibly be going on. People were afraid that the gods had killed their own oracles, and if that were so, could the gods be trusted? Who would die next? Why was this happening? Feelings of faith were hesitant and uneasy as these events continued to erupt, which was not good news for a species that only existed and thrived because of that faith.

Abraham Val'yera was feeling a bit fatigued.

Faith angels were known to be more nomadic than most of the other branches of the species, but the king of Faith was especially mobile in the past few weeks. Along with his close friend and advisor, Zacrae, Abraham had been scurrying across angel territory, especially places where faith angels tended to flock, trying both to figure out what was going on and keep spirits high as doubt rippled throughout the faithful. Abraham had always been fairly good at keeping his people together during hard times, but hard times had never been like this before. At least the war made sense!

Presently, the monarch had taken a seat in a quiet place in a Plenty-dominated city he had been visiting on his quest. It was fairly easy for him to bounce from place to place unnoticed, for someone of his status; Abraham was a pretty unassuming man, not even particularly angel-like in appearance except for the faint glow of his skin. Not to mention, he was not especially social and usually preferred to keep his public appearances to a minimum, so outside of his own people he was unlikely to be recognized. He liked it that way, for it meant he did not draw much attention while out and about.

Abraham ran his hands through his hair, taking a moment to relax after a long day of a lot more socializing than he was used to in a day. If not for Zacrae by his side the whole time, he probably would have had a nervous breakdown by now. Why couldn't things ever be normal and easy? Wasn't dealing with the war enough trouble, now something had to happen with the oracles? Jeez...

"What a day..." he breathed. "And we found out absolutely nothing. Do you think we've made any impact on the people, at least?"

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Zacrae

Soothing the fears of the people was a long and arduous task. While Abraham did his best, the recent death of Feaya's oracle could be felt rippling throughout the kingdoms. Their kingdom, especially. Cazrae, on the other hand, was thriving in all the fear and chaos their deaths had sewn. It was enough to give Zacrae a splitting headache.

The pale woman had her head resting on one of her hands when Abraham spoke words she almost missed entirely. "Hm?" she questioned. "Oh, oh yes! Yes, I do think we're calming their fears." The woman gave a radiant smile, and set her hand on the knee of her oldest, closest friend. "Even if we've found nothing out, please rest easy in knowing your efforts have eased the hearts of your people, My Lord."

Poor Abraham. He was tired at the best of times; she could only imagine what the strain of recent events had on him. Even she was tiring, though for different reasons. For every group of Faith angels they encountered, Zacrae had used her own special kind of magic to ease their worries while Abraham worked tirelessly. She had taken the crowd's fears into herself--perhaps this was the cause of her headache?

"Abraham," she crooned, shifting closer to the older man. "You look so tired, dear. Let me help..." She brushed a hand up his arm, and cupped his cheek with her warm hand. His feelings of unease flowed into her; the nerves, the fatigue, the annoyance. Zacrae felt herself straining as she pulled her hand away, blue eyes half lidded as Abraham's fatigue became her own.

With a gentle sigh and a smile, Zacrae breathed, "There," as she smoothed out the gown on her lap. "If you'd like, lay your head down and rest for a while. You desperately need it."

Her head throbbed, and she bit back to urge to wince in reaction, instead moving to massage one of her temples.

"Please, My Lord. Rest. Your people need you strong."

tortricidae Offline

Threads: 15
Find
"What a day indeed," Alistair whispered.

She'd been following Abraham throughout the day, but only because he just happened to be crossing paths with so many other people she had been interested in. An old old angel even if she didn't quite know who he was exactly. The name rang a bell in the same way a story told by a particularly creative parent was familiar, but he had most likely been irrelevant until just recently.

Mundane in his appearance, by chance surely. Not meant to be recognizable by too many people outside the three or four most trusted people in his ranks. Alistair was not one of them but that didn't matter now. What did matter was information. Tracking nomads was far too difficult, let alone trying to focus on all the other obligations she had balancing in the corner of her mind.

She shouldn't have taken that impromptu vacation. It was worth it, but she still shouldn't have done it.

"Oh, excuse me, I'm being rude," she added, bowing elegantly. "I come bearing unfortunate news. It's related to the Oracle deaths."

She was dressed for speed. Formfitting clothing, hair pulled into a tight braided bun, and she looked sharp. Perhaps a little worried, but also sharp. After listening to Abraham speak to so many individuals, she figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to offer her unique skillset. Especially because if she was careful with her applied knowledge, she could spread the word and alleviate the fear building in other angelic settlements.

Freedom from fear was important, but information was more important, and those she worked the closest with were keeping their mouths shut until she could bring something more substantial than guesses. What better than to bring words directly from a Monarch's mouth? That would be an optimal amount of leverage.

"I've come to offer an old man a helping hand. Something a little more tangible than kind words to your suffering people. My apologies if I'm too direct. I'm a woman of action. And now is a better time than ever."

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find
Abraham took a breath as Zacrae cupped her hand around his cheek and, before he could protest, sapped away some of his fatigue. She smiled at him and offered her lap as a place to rest, but the monarch was too anxious and too reluctant to let his friend help too much. He was sure that he had told her that he would rather bear his ailments and negative feelings himself than let her harbor them instead, and yet she insisted on using her powers to transfer them. And, surely, she was tired after the day's events, too.

"You should rest instead," he told her, waving his hand dismissively at her offer. "The day is only half over, so I really shouldn't be taking too long of a break just yet. I'll be fine."

Before Abraham could offer to handle the rest of the day's work by himself so that Zacrae could relax, a newcomer approached to address them. Surprised, Abraham glanced up at the tall woman as she spoke of bringing unfortunate news. Who was this, and what more could possibly have happened?

It turned out that the angel was offering help. Wait, which was it? News or aid? Abraham found himself confused by this presence, and he frowned as he considered what was being offered to him. Well, it was probably more important to know more about who was making the offer before he thought too carefully about her words. Especially since it seemed as though she had been following Abraham and Zacrae around; she had to have been, in order to know they were worth talking to in the first place.

"Action is valuable," the old angel began cautiously. "But I'm afraid you've confused me with your sudden appearance. Forgive me for being direct, but who exactly are you, and what exactly are you proposing?"

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Zacrae

"Stubborn old fool," said Zacrae under her breath, teasing her king. If she knew Abraham--and she did--he was likely thinking that he should shoulder the burden on his own to allow her to rest. She chuckled to herself, and readied to counter him when they were joined by another angel who had mercifully provided Zacrae with a window of opportunity.

While Abraham was distracted, the pale angel set her hand atop the older man's and began leeching away more of his fatigue. With a satisfied smile, Zacrae paid attention to the newcomer as she rubbed her thumb over his hand.

"Perhaps introductions would be the best way to start," she began, smiling radiantly. "My name is Zacrae, and I serve Abraham." She gestured with a nod to the older angel, still leaving her hand on his. He could introduce himself as king, if he so chose to. It wasn't her place to do so; not when he desired his privacy. The nagging presence grew in her mind, scolding her for taking on more negativity. Her brother, no doubt. If anything, his nagging was giving her more of a headache.

Her nose crinkled slightly at the pressure in her head. She'd definitely need a tonic tonight.

"Please, if you've any news at all, share it. It's vital that we know."

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find

xavols33333333 Offline

Threads: 0
Find
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт